300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
    Received an odd today from the hiring office. I am 15-3. I had sent my SF-86 and forms in the first week of September. I recieved an email today stating that my background investigation is "untouched" and that I didn't start the background process.

Sent them an email asking for more information and if I need to resubmit everything since I already submitted it all months ago.
    Finally received a response. Supposedly my eQip was rejected and they aren't sure on any "details" why it was rejected. And that I need to submit a new one.

I would like to know why it has taken me 4 months to find out that my eQip was rejected and then I don't know what changes to make for the eqip since it was rejected?

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
      Finally received a response. Supposedly my eQip was rejected and they aren't sure on any "details" why it was rejected. And that I need to submit a new one.

I would like to know why it has taken me 4 months to find out that my eQip was rejected and then I don't know what changes to make for the eqip since it was rejected?
      seems like they slowed down on reviewing eqip's around September November.
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
        That's what I'm wondering. No one from 15-4 acknowledged that. I met with my BI already.
        Most people who apply don't even read this forum... This person is in my academy class, do you need a better source than that?

Many SWB applicants who reside in So Cal have been hired with 5 month timelines this past year. We have the need and resources to hire that quickly here and many are hired with provisional clearances. I got the call only 4 months after applying but was pushed back by medical. In fact, I received the call after my polygraph as was I driving home.

Comment

• There are many things that may factor how fast or slow your process goes.

-Entrance Score
          -Geo Pref
          -How extensive is your work history
          -The competency of the contracted background investigator
          -How much compliant your neighbor/friends/references are

Best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
            That's what I'm wondering. No one from 15-4 acknowledged that. I met with my BI already.
            I am 15-4, but have not received any updates since I passed vbt/si in late October. Painfully waiting for the next step.

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
              Most people who apply don't even read this forum... This person is in my academy class, do you need a better source than that?

Many SWB applicants who reside in So Cal have been hired with 5 month timelines this past year. We have the need and resources to hire that quickly here and many are hired with provisional clearances. I got the call only 4 months after applying but was pushed back by medical. In fact, I received the call after my polygraph as was I driving home.
              I was told that people that applied back in 2013 started the process then applied 15-4 and got hired off of that.
              With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowtrain View Post
                There are many things that may factor how fast or slow your process goes.

-Entrance Score
                -Geo Pref
                -How extensive is your work history
                -The competency of the contracted background investigator
                -How much compliant your neighbor/friends/references are

Best of luck!
                That's how it used to be.
                -Pretty much everyone will get a TSL as long as you get a passing score on the exam.
                -CBP does not hire by geographical locations anymore, that stopped after 15-1.
                -Many people are now clearing backgrounds in a week or two. For those that take longer, they are being hired with provisional clearances.
                -Just give your contacts a heads up and there should be no problem. You shouldn't be listing people that would not be compliant unless you really have to.

IMO, your timeline is mostly affected by where you live and what location you choose. An area such as Southern California has the biggest pot of applicants and it is home to San Ysidro, so you will definitely process faster over there.
                Location shouldn't matter too much for new applicants but it does for those who are waiting for highly desirable ports and have yet to change to one that is understaffed. If the port is currently listed on USAJOBS than you can expect a faster timeline.

Comment

• Yeah, from what I've seen San Ysidro seems to go by quickly.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just got an email from the polygraph people asking me for a phone number/email... Has anyone else receive this? I heard that they just call you scheduling it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
                    Score: 95+
                    List:1XX February 2015
                    APD-5: TBT
                    Medical: TBT
                    Written Psychological: TBT
                    Oral Psychological: TBT
                    Meet with investigator: TBT
                    JST: TBT
                    Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
                      Has anyone that's 16-1 and picked the Miami location begin the hiring process? Or anyone recently hired by Miami?
                      Hey. I applied to Miami area and will be doing SI soon. Where are you in the process?

Comment

• Where my 16-1people at?

Comment

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
                          Where my 16-1people at?
                          I'm a 16-1. San Ysidro. SI and VBT next week.

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                          Peace out...war in!

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleFist13 View Post
                            I'm a 16-1. San Ysidro. SI and VBT next week.

Kool. Where are you located

Comment

• Originally posted by stanford.west View Post
                              Kool. Where are you located
                              I'm in Fort Leonard Wood, MO right now. Driving up to Chicago for the test

Peace out...war in!

Comment

• Waiting game. 15-4

Hello everyone.
                                I'm currently in the hiring processes for 15-4 Custom and Border Protection officer. According to the emails, I've completed and passed the physical, medical, VBT, and structured interview. I've submitted my eqip form. However, I had some difficulties with eqip because I hadn't received my confirmation number through email. After numerous attempts to contact the HR department, I was finally able to received my numbers through the phone. The HR representative was able to push back my eqip application deadline to 10/12/15. On the application process website, my forms were still pending. My last email about my process was in late October/early November. But I received an email last month from the HR department stating they changed my background investigators. Since then, I haven't received any further information about my process for BI or poly. This anticipation is making me worry about my job application. Any help, advice, and/or personal experience?
                                Last edited by Star.Fox; 01-08-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7359 users online. 359 members and 7000 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X