300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aguilord30 View Post
    I'm 16-1 as well. I took my written test Oct 17 and until today I'm still waiting for my NOR. However, I just completed my medical and physical test and just received an email that my background investigation packet has been sent to Washington DC internal affairs not sure why. .
    I took my test the day before thanksgiving for 16-3 and received my results last week. That's odd you haven't received yours yet. Do they base the test score on anything or if you pass or fail? I received a 96 for gs5 and gs7 with no vet points.
    Last edited by kawninja1200; 12-28-2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• CBP officer

Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
      I took my test the day before thanksgiving for 16-3 and received my results last week. That's odd you haven't received yours yet. Do they base the test score on anything or if you pass or fail? I received a 96 for gs5 and gs7 with no vet points.
      So you got your NOR before the TSL?
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
        So you got your NOR before the TSL?
        I never got a TSL yet. This is how it followed

Nov 12 2015 Applied and received the USA Hire CBP Officer Entrance Examination Invitation on the same day

Nov 25 2015 Took test

Dec 23 2015 Notice of Results (NORs) Vacancy ID

I never received a TSL, was I supposed to??

This is your official Notice of Results for the CBP Officer Entrance Examination. You have received a passing score as indicated below

under rating. This is not a job offer. You will be considered for vacancies based on agency need for the geographic location you

selected.

Our office communicates with applicants via email therefore we encourage you to monitor your email on a regular basis to include your

"spam" and "junk" mail folders.

For additional information regarding CBP and the CBP Officer position please visit our website at www.cbp.gov.

Series - PositionTitle: 1895 - Customs and Border Protection Officer

Vacancy ID:

Announcement Number: CBPO 16-3

Date of Availability:

Geographic Availability:

Jackman, ME

Veteran Preference: 0 Points - NV (not adjudicated)

You must meet all medical, suitability, and qualification requirements to be considered for a position.

Spec Code: Spec Title: Grade: Rating:

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 05 96

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 07 96

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 09 ID

Rating Code: Rating Message:

ID You do not meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this specialty and grade.

Comment

• FYI they are doing a VRA for BPA and CBPO for any of the vet/mil applicants in the El Paso (or SWB) region. See their website for more information and the private links. Also, the recruiters have informed me that this will be an expedited hiring process but requires all applicants to process through the El Paso/Fort Bliss area. Lastly, the age requirement (max 37) is being waived as long as you can pass a PFT.
          Good luck!
          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by kawninja1200 View Post
            I never got a TSL yet. This is how it followed

Nov 12 2015 Applied and received the USA Hire CBP Officer Entrance Examination Invitation on the same day

Nov 25 2015 Took test

Dec 23 2015 Notice of Results (NORs) Vacancy ID

I never received a TSL, was I supposed to??

This is your official Notice of Results for the CBP Officer Entrance Examination. You have received a passing score as indicated below

under rating. This is not a job offer. You will be considered for vacancies based on agency need for the geographic location you

selected.

Our office communicates with applicants via email therefore we encourage you to monitor your email on a regular basis to include your

"spam" and "junk" mail folders.

For additional information regarding CBP and the CBP Officer position please visit our website at www.cbp.gov.

Series - PositionTitle: 1895 - Customs and Border Protection Officer

Vacancy ID:

Announcement Number: CBPO 16-3

Date of Availability:

Geographic Availability:

Jackman, ME

Veteran Preference: 0 Points - NV (not adjudicated)

You must meet all medical, suitability, and qualification requirements to be considered for a position.

Spec Code: Spec Title: Grade: Rating:

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 05 96

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 07 96

001 Customs and Border Protection Officer 09 ID

Rating Code: Rating Message:

ID You do not meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this specialty and grade.
            I never received that. I received all of the same information except for the scores. But like I mentioned before, I already submitted my e-Qip, already completed my medical test and my pft1...so I don't know what the deal is and I really wish I knew what score I passed with. .

Comment

• Hi again.

16-1a for Portal, ND. I've submitted my e-qip and have my medical today. My physical is tomorrow. I have my SI scheduled for early January. My concern is that I will not pass my PFT1. I am recognizably out of shape and while I had the best intentions to get in shape after applying for the position, I am also a full-time student and I also work 20-30 hours a week and was not able to commit time to reaching the level of fitness necessary. If I fail PFT1, is that it? Or is it possible to retake it at a later time? It seems to me that the physical fitness aspect of the hiring process is the one most easily bolstered in time if inadequate. Because I will not be finishing university until May, it is also not as if I could EoD (assuming everything else checks out) until after that time anyways.

Otherwise, is it possible to reapply to a different posting at a later date and have my entrance exam and e-qip carry over? And if I am rejected based upon PFT1, how long must I wait to reapply? (I've seen answers for BI and polygraph but not for PFT1 because other people are in better shape and more forward-thinking about that than I am.)

Comment

• Originally posted by tkid86 View Post
                Hi again.

16-1a for Portal, ND. I've submitted my e-qip and have my medical today. My physical is tomorrow. I have my SI scheduled for early January. My concern is that I will not pass my PFT1. I am recognizably out of shape and while I had the best intentions to get in shape after applying for the position, I am also a full-time student and I also work 20-30 hours a week and was not able to commit time to reaching the level of fitness necessary. If I fail PFT1, is that it? Or is it possible to retake it at a later time? It seems to me that the physical fitness aspect of the hiring process is the one most easily bolstered in time if inadequate. Because I will not be finishing university until May, it is also not as if I could EoD (assuming everything else checks out) until after that time anyways.

Otherwise, is it possible to reapply to a different posting at a later date and have my entrance exam and e-qip carry over? And if I am rejected based upon PFT1, how long must I wait to reapply? (I've seen answers for BI and polygraph but not for PFT1 because other people are in better shape and more forward-thinking about that than I am.)
                I failed my PFT-1 the first time I took it. When I did I was simply told that I needed to reapply on usajobs. Failing it isn't the same as failing the VBT or Polygraph where you have to wait a few years before applying again. You can do it right away if one is open or whenever there's a new announcement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                  I failed my PFT-1 the first time I took it. When I did I was simply told that I needed to reapply on usajobs. Failing it isn't the same as failing the VBT or Polygraph where you have to wait a few years before applying again. You can do it right away if one is open or whenever there's a new announcement.

Great news to hear.

I also shot an email to MHC but figured I would ask here. Will they cancel my SI if I fail PFT1 tomorrow? SI is scheduled for January 12 and I stupidly already made travel plans (it's 6 hours away and I have classes, so I have to fly to make it there and back). I asked if it is possible to proceed even in such a scenario. I have a feeling I know the answer, but I want to ask anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by tkid86 View Post
                    Great news to hear.

I also shot an email to MHC but figured I would ask here. Will they cancel my SI if I fail PFT1 tomorrow? SI is scheduled for January 12 and I stupidly already made travel plans (it's 6 hours away and I have classes, so I have to fly to make it there and back). I asked if it is possible to proceed even in such a scenario. I have a feeling I know the answer, but I want to ask anyways.
                    I had my VBT a week after my PFT-1 so even though I failed the fitness test I was able to get the SI & VBT out of the way before reapplying. It does take a few weeks to get the fitness results so you should be fine, but it's hard to know for sure; since the time frame isn't always the same for each applicant.

Comment

• Received an odd today from the hiring office. I am 15-3. I had sent my SF-86 and forms in the first week of September. I recieved an email today stating that my background investigation is "untouched" and that I didn't start the background process.

Sent them an email asking for more information and if I need to resubmit everything since I already submitted it all months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                        Received an odd today from the hiring office. I am 15-3. I had sent my SF-86 and forms in the first week of September. I recieved an email today stating that my background investigation is "untouched" and that I didn't start the background process.

Sent them an email asking for more information and if I need to resubmit everything since I already submitted it all months ago.
                        What port are you?
                        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                          What port are you?
                          Derby Line, VT

Comment

Derby Line, VT
                            Oh. I met with my BI already. I'm just waiting for drug test / PFT2

Comment

Received an odd today from the hiring office. I am 15-3. I had sent my SF-86 and forms in the first week of September. I recieved an email today stating that my background investigation is "untouched" and that I didn't start the background process.

Hmm that's odd. Glad you requested further information. I would have done the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• [QUOTE=zFinest;3795609]/QUOTE]

Just received my TSL today
                                For grade 5 and 7

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7567 users online. 326 members and 7241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X