Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamesaustin1 View Post
    Pay no mind to this individual...
    I wasn't planning on it, just disregarding it in general.
    CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
    09/13/15 App (Laredo)
    09/23 Exam
    10/09 Rfrd GS-7
    10/18 Score - 98
    10/26 eQip Email
    10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
    10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
    11/04 Med/PFT1
    11/04 eQip Sent
    11/10 "" Accptd
    11/23 VBT/SI
    11/24 ""(Pass)
    12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
    09/18/15 App (S. TX)
    10/28 Exam (ALT)
    11/15 ReApp (AZ)
    11/18 Score (100)
    11/20 TSL GS-5
    12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
    02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• CZ_Kid nice to see you around here. Too bad this new users don't know who you are, or what you're talking about.

Going to take the poly wearing a suit is a clear example of being overdressed.

Comment

• Taking a polygraph in a suit shows how much you want the job. Going through any process in the government you should wear a suit. It doesn't hurt just to take off a blazer.
        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
          Taking a polygraph in a suit shows how much you want the job. Going through any process in the government you should wear a suit. It doesn't hurt just to take off a blazer.
          Doesn't hurt at all. I wear suits every single day for work and I love it. The point is that you don't have to for the poly because you need to take everything off anyways, and the proctor is only there to test you based on the poly.

Wear a nice shirt, clean shoes, comfortable pants and a jacket.... Or whatever the hell you want.

Good luck with the poly. I passed it on my first try with not a single issue.

Comment

• The problem here is everyone is overthinking the polygraph... again...

Just show up well rested and stay away from this forum until you pass it.

As for what to wear: "Dress comfortably. Modest, casual attire is fine. No jeans or flip flops are permitted. Keep in mind you will be in a professional office environment."

Comment

• A few days before I took polygraph back in July, the examiner called me and told me not to a wear a suit or a necktie. I would venture and say to you guys who haven't taking the Poly to dress the way you feel comfortable unless the examiner tells you otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                Prior PA and now CBP Officer, this individual who was 2nd oldest in his class certainly doesn't know what he's talking about.
                I have been following this thread long before I became a registered user. I'm tired of seeing applicants post flat out wrong information regarding polygraphs. I've been an examiner for over 10 years now. I've done hundreds of polygraphs where the applicants wore a suit and tie. You're attire has no affect if you are being deceptive or not.
                Want to pass a polygraph? Here it is in its most simple form:
                1. Get plenty of rest before the exam.
                2. Eat a good meal.
                3. Be honest.
                4. Do not worry or over think things. If you go in with the intentions of trying to be deceptive and skate by, don't waste your time or mine. You will get caught.
                5. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.
                6. Do not try to do research on polygraphs! Stay off anti-polygraph.org! It's creator was kicked out of the American polygraph association and had his other certifications pulled for bad practice. There is very little good information on the Internet.
                Last edited by Jamesaustin1; 12-21-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know how long the wait is to get the email/communication after passing the pft2?

Comment

I have been following this thread long before I became a registered user. I'm tired of seeing applicants post flat out wrong information regarding polygraphs. I've been an examiner for over 10 years now. I've done hundreds of polygraphs where the applicants wore a suit and tie. You're attire has no affect if you are being deceptive or not.
                    2. Eat a good meal.
                    3. Be honest.
                    4. Do not worry or over think things. If you go in with the intentions of trying to be deceptive and skate by, don't waste your time or mine. You will get caught.
                    6. Do not try to do research on polygraphs! Stay off anti-polygraph.org! It's creator was kicked out of the American polygraph association and had his other certifications pulled for bad practice. There is very little good information on the Internet.
                    This is great information Sir. Hopefully a suit and tie along with your years expertise will help bring the failure rate go down. Since you are obviously in the know, what is the accurate failure rate? I'd hate to post the wrong percentage. I'm told it's pretty high though. Assuming the machines are accurate and operators squared away, what seems to be the problem? Is MHS just trying to push bodies through regardless if they are "dirty" or not? I'm sure a lot of applicants would appreciate hearing from an expert. All this said, my experience with the polygraph was quick, professional and uneventful all while comfortably wearing a polo and khakis with a light splash of dolce gabanna cologne.

Comment

• Hello all,
                      First time posting to this thread. I just have a question, if anyone will reply I will appreciate it.
                      I'm in the process for CBP Officer in NYC, just received the email for the VBT and the Polygraph test, scheduled in 2 weeks. I'm also done with all the steps to become an NYPD Officer and just waiting for the email for the January Academy. I'm thinking of going through the process for the CBP, having options I believe it's a great idea.
                      My question is: If i get called from both jobs, should I stay with NYPD or should I go with CBP, pros and cons will be greatly appreciate it?
                      P.S. I already have 1 1/2 years with the NYC as a law enforcement officer, if I stay with NYPD all I will have to do will be 18 1/2 year to retire and at the end I will retire with 31 years of service from NYC, I have 11 years of service before which it will be count towards the end of my 18 and 1/2 years.
                      Hopefully I explained myself clear .

Comment

• Originally posted by RicoAlb View Post
                        Hello all,
                        First time posting to this thread. I just have a question, if anyone will reply I will appreciate it.
                        I'm in the process for CBP Officer in NYC, just received the email for the VBT and the Polygraph test, scheduled in 2 weeks. I'm also done with all the steps to become an NYPD Officer and just waiting for the email for the January Academy. I'm thinking of going through the process for the CBP, having options I believe it's a great idea.
                        My question is: If i get called from both jobs, should I stay with NYPD or should I go with CBP, pros and cons will be greatly appreciate it?
                        P.S. I already have 1 1/2 years with the NYC as a law enforcement officer, if I stay with NYPD all I will have to do will be 18 1/2 year to retire and at the end I will retire with 31 years of service from NYC, I have 11 years of service before which it will be count towards the end of my 18 and 1/2 years.

What's the starting and likely ending salary with NYPD and how is their retirement calculated? Are you vested in your current 12.5 years of retirement and can you collect on that come retirement time? If so, what sort of return are you looking at?

You'll work in CBP until you turn 57 or 20 years of 12D coverage... which ever comes first...unless you have extensive military time...which changes the picture. You'll see 1.7% per year in retirement for the first 20 years and 1% thereafter for any additional years or military buyback time.

If I'm understanding you correctly, (11 years of some kind of state/local/city service, plus 1.5 years of NYC LEO service, plus the likelihood of 18.5 more years of NYC service. )... I'm thinking staying with NYC would likely be the "better" option. Outside of giving you greater mobility to move about the country, I'm not sure what CBP could give you that counters what you might lose In making the switch. Admittedly, that's a superficial look at things based on my limited knowledge of NYPD retirement.

This is the sort of situation where you really need someone who has access to and experience with the particulars of both the NYPD retirement plan and CBPO 12D retirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by RicoAlb View Post
                          Hello all,
                          NYPD isn't 20 and out anymore. New recruits have a bad tier plan.
                          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Hmm just the point of contact I would like to ask if an applicant is 1000% truthful and have no derogatory Infor in their background like I mean never ever in life smoked/ used anything illegal. Never even had a speeding tickets/cleanest driving abstract I mean only got drunk once how could is it possible in gods green earth can an examiner tell them that they failed??? I am extremely extremely flabbergasted...and just curios cause for people that fail and truly have nothing in their background how can they fail?

Comment

2. Eat a good meal.
                              3. Be honest.
                              Reference the above comment!!

Comment

• Those who keep posting their worries about the polygraph will most likely fail. If you do not have anything derogatory in your past stop fretting, stop asking poly questions, take the test and pass.

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                                Peace out...war in!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4377 users online. 222 members and 4155 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X