Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That didn't really answer my (serious) question. I'm actually curious if a suit and tie is ever a bad option.
    CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
    09/13/15 App (Laredo)
    09/23 Exam
    10/09 Rfrd GS-7
    10/18 Score - 98
    10/26 eQip Email
    10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
    10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
    11/04 Med/PFT1
    11/04 eQip Sent
    11/10 "" Accptd
    11/23 VBT/SI
    11/24 ""(Pass)
    12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
    09/18/15 App (S. TX)
    10/28 Exam (ALT)
    11/15 ReApp (AZ)
    11/18 Score (100)
    11/20 TSL GS-5
    12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
    02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
      That didn't really answer my (serious) question. I'm actually curious if a suit and tie is ever a bad option.
      Anywhere in the federal government you should wear suit and tie.
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• [QUOTE=calebggodwin;3790976]That didn't really answer my (serious) question. I'm actually curious if a suit and tie is ever a bad option.[/QUOTE
        ]

Go casual polo shirt and khaki's. They have to hook u up to a blood pressure cuff so that long white shirt underneath a jacket is a bit much. Hope this helps.

Comment

That didn't really answer my (serious) question. I'm actually curious if a suit and tie is ever a bad option.
          If you're comfortable wearing a suit and tie wear the suit and tie. It's hard to overdress in most situations...and the penalties for overdressing are usually much less severe than those of underdressing.

Personally, I think business casual is fine. It recognizes some of the serious nature of the encounter and balances that with the need to dress comfortably.

Just don't be like some and show up wearing sandals, shorts and apparel predominantly sporting marijuana leaves. It's been done. Not surprisingly, those people get culled from the process.

Comment

• 15-2 got scheduled for poly a few days ago for end of January

Comment

• Current CBPO here, when I applied I had to take the poly 3 times. After the third one they said sorry we made you take 3, you could of passed off the first one. Just relax about it,realize you have no control besides telling the absolute truth and keeping your anxiety down. There is no hidden agenda to disqualify applicants because we are short staffed like crazy, and they spend a lot of money on you just to get you in that polygraph room. Also, CBP is far from the best agency and far from the worst. If it doesn't work out here, apply somewhere else. Fletc trains 100 different agencies I'm sure there is one that will be right for you. Side note if your not law enforcement minded or a police basher, please go somewhere else. The Cbp means you" can't be police " attitude has to go. If you truly believe you can be a top flight Leo and will be running to and not away (it's unfortunately happened) to the potential active shooter good luck to you in the process.

Comment

• Great insights guys! I wish everyone luck in the near future! Excited for my vbt and poly in 3 weeks!

Comment

Go in a suit and tie to your poly then. Good luck getting worked up having to remove some of it so you can get hooked up. That probably won't affect your results at all. I hear it's an easy test anyways. (Sarcasm)

Comment

Make your first impression your best impression. Can never go wrong with a suit and tie. Also a current cbpo. This is your future and possible career , at the end of the day everyone on here is your competition. Be yourself give your all and be honest. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Thecldriver; 12-19-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
                      15-2 got scheduled for poly a few days ago for end of January
                      Congrats! EWR right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
                        Current CBPO here, when I applied I had to take the poly 3 times. After the third one they said sorry we made you take 3, you could of passed off the first one. Just relax about it,realize you have no control besides telling the absolute truth and keeping your anxiety down. There is no hidden agenda to disqualify applicants because we are short staffed like crazy, and they spend a lot of money on you just to get you in that polygraph room. Also, CBP is far from the best agency and far from the worst. If it doesn't work out here, apply somewhere else. Fletc trains 100 different agencies I'm sure there is one that will be right for you. Side note if your not law enforcement minded or a police basher, please go somewhere else. The Cbp means you" can't be police " attitude has to go. If you truly believe you can be a top flight Leo and will be running to and not away (it's unfortunately happened) to the potential active shooter good luck you in the process.
                        "If you truly believe you can be a top flight Leo and will be running to and not away (it's unfortunately happened) to the potential active shooter"

Is that in reference to the LAX shooting? If it is, I've heard various tales about that...to include one where the Officer mentioned was off duty and unarmed at the time.

Regardless, things like that happen every where, unfortunately. Check out the BP'S Ivie incident and the full story behind what transpired.

Although that was a friendly fire incident, I suppose if you can't trust the bad guys and the good guys are shooting one another, maybe then it's prudent simply to off - scene ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancelotml View Post
                          Congrats! EWR right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          yea. thanks.

although I'm bombarded with a bunch of other interviews and a new job currently. Great timing CBP lol

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                            If it's for CBP it will be under: CUSTOMS AND BORDER P via CBR/US CUSTOMS
                            Did you guys ever find out if this in fact was Cbp? Received a letter yesterday saying the same thing from that same data facts inc. I'm wondering if it could be related to the Opm breach?!!
                            Geo: Central East Coast
                            Test: 8/15/13 (Score: 89)
                            NOR: 9/9/13
                            TSL: 11/27/13
                            VBT: 12/17/13

Comment

• Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                              Go in a suit and tie to your poly then. Good luck getting worked up having to remove some of it so you can get hooked up. That probably won't affect your results at all. I hear it's an easy test anyways. (Sarcasm).
                              Pay no mind to this individual...his name says it all "Kid"... Wearing a suit will not hurt you at all while taking a polygraph. You will only need to remove your coat during the actual exam. Truth be told, you don't even need to remove your coat. The bp cuff can go around your lower leg. I've ran hundreds of polygraphs on people wearing suits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamesaustin1 View Post
                                Pay no mind to this individual...his name says it all "Kid"... Wearing a suit will not hurt you at all while taking a polygraph. You will only need to remove your coat during the actual exam. Truth be told, you don't even need to remove your coat. The bp cuff can go around your lower leg. I've ran hundreds of polygraphs on people wearing suits.
                                Prior PA and now CBP Officer, this individual who was 2nd oldest in his class certainly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6092 users online. 252 members and 5840 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X