300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DHShopeful View Post
    I just finished my pft-1 and I did so well! Feel totally blessed! Does anyone know how long after to they contact you to schedule the poly or any other steps? Thank you guys who helped along the way!
    Congrats!

The next step should be the VBT and Structured Interview. If you pass the interview they'll collect your finger prints and start the background investigation. You'll get an email about completing an e-quip which leads to the Polygraph.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks! Quick question, my first step was to actually complete the eqip. I already got an email saying that it was sent to internal affairs so I'm guessing it's the steps you stated haha?

Comment

Last edited by BK8675309; 04-03-2016, 03:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by BK8675309 View Post
          Awesome. I'll be starting pre-academy at JFK mid Jan as long as I pass the pft2 next week
          That's awesome. What test were you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yesterday was the deadline for my eqip and my account is still locked and still no luck in getting in contact with them. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
              This past Friday I took a train to Manhattan for my first poly after applying to 15-4. My scores for my entrance exam, PFT1, VBT/SI were all kept from when I applied last year to 14-2, which I was DQ'd for by internal affairs who found my background to be unfavorable(no specific reason provided).

When I got to NYC, the examiner and I went over my EQIP and personal history for a couple hours before he was ready to hook me up and take the poly.

He finally sits me down and says that there is a problem. He said because I was DQ'd be Internal Affairs for when I applied last year to 14-2, I was not allowed to reapply to CBP for 3 years!! Not only was I not told this when I got the DQ email, but Internal Affairs are also the ones that called me to schedule a poly on Friday. The examiner also told me that the reason I was DQ'd in the first place was because of Marijuana use within the past 7 years. As of 2015 I am out of that 7 year threshold.

He made me write a written statement saying everything that I just said and he signed off on it hoping that IA would allow me to continue through the process and take the poly. However it is most likely that I will still have to wait almost 3 years to reapply to CBP. I was beyond upset and the examiner knew it. He knew I applied last year, he knew I was DQ'd, yet he didn't realize I wasn't even suppose to be taking the poly until I actually got to NYC. Unbelievable. I tried my best to keep my cool but once again I'm lost in limbo with CBP.
              Did you take the Poly before?

Comment

• Got NOR from Miami for 5/7
                Geo: Central East Coast
                Test: 8/15/13 (Score: 89)
                NOR: 9/9/13
                TSL: 11/27/13
                VBT: 12/17/13

Comment

• Well just finished my 3rd poly and well I was told this time that I'm not passing apparently I'm trying to manipulate the machine ....how one does that I WOULDN'T know! Well I know there will be no other chance so now I sit and wait for my DQ notice. Good luck to all still in the process

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                    Yesterday was the deadline for my eqip and my account is still locked and still no luck in getting in contact with them. Anyone else had a similar problem?
                    A friend of mine had a similar problem last week. He emailed them and they noticed that a mistake was made on their end, he couldn't get in with the password they sent him. They emailed him back apologizing for the error and sent him a new password and extended his deadline to next Monday. I'm not sure if you attempted to email them, but it worked for him.

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                    EOD - 08/2014
                    FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                    DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                      Well just finished my 3rd poly and well I was told this time that I'm not passing apparently I'm trying to manipulate the machine ....how one does that I WOULDN'T know! Well I know there will be no other chance so now I sit and wait for my DQ notice. Good luck to all still in the process

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancelotml View Post
                        That's awesome. What test were you?

Test 14-2

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                          Well just finished my 3rd poly and well I was told this time that I'm not passing apparently I'm trying to manipulate the machine ....how one does that I WOULDN'T know! Well I know there will be no other chance so now I sit and wait for my DQ notice. Good luck to all still in the process

Like you, I went into this expecting victory and now it seems that we are walking into a death trap!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                            Like you, I went into this expecting victory and now it seems that we are walking into a death trap!!!
                            Yes ma'am I sure did it was really a huge punch in the stomach . I woke up this morning prepared and anxious to pass and then I get told this time that I'm trying to "manipulate" the machine
                            Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                            Yes ma'am I sure did it was really a huge punch in the stomach . I woke up this morning prepared and anxious to pass and then I get told this time that I'm trying to "manipulate" theachine

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                              Did you take the Poly before?
                              Nope

Comment

• Just found out that my eqip just got sent to internal affairs.. Anyone know how long until they schedule the poly?

NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
                                Score: 95+
                                List:1XX February 2015
                                APD-5: TBT
                                Medical: TBT
                                Written Psychological: TBT
                                Oral Psychological: TBT
                                Meet with investigator: TBT
                                JST: TBT
                                Mini Med: TBT

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10278 users online. 502 members and 9776 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X