• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
    How many years is the Pft1 good for?
    1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybca1 View Post
      Being that I took this part of the process twice I think I can answer your question. Not sure if you took the entrance exam yet but if you haven't first of all I would advise you to start working out asap. You get a notification for your PFT1 quick. When I took the PFT1 the first time I wasn't working out. I started working out 2 1/2 to 3 weeks before I took it. Which wasn't good I past the first part but failed the second part which is the step up 5 minute cadence. I would recommend you hit the gym and do alot of stairs. Also when you do the step up test make sure you switch legs when stepping up I failed to do so and used my right leg to step up for 4 minutes and therefore I lost strength and cramped up. The second time around I switched leg at the 2 minute mark, then at the 4 minute mark again and made it to 5. Also make sure you stay on cadence with the recording audio that's playing.

First time I took the PFT1 I got
      23 push ups
      26 sit ups
      10 side steps
      49sec on 8 lower lifts
      4 minutes on step up cadence

Re-take PFT1 and passed
      30 push ups
      31 sit ups
      11 side steps
      ?sec on lower lifts wasn't told my time
      5 minute step up cadence

Edit: One more thing make sure you do 8 lower lifts in less than a minute the faster you do them the more points you get.
      how good were you at push ups before you got your pft1 request? i am having trouble with my push ups, has me super worried. i have my pft1 next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cesp21 View Post
        how good were you at push ups before you got your pft1 request? i am having trouble with my push ups, has me super worried. i have my pft1 next week.
        I know this question was not directed to me but my experience was I was not able to do one pushup prior to the pft-1 BUT I had less than 2 wks and I practiced every day and I managed to do the minimum + a couple more so Dont get discouraged. You will get it done the hardest was the 5 min step but it's possible. BEST OF LUCK

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
          I know this question was not directed to me but my experience was I was not able to do one pushup prior to the pft-1 BUT I had less than 2 wks and I practiced every day and I managed to do the minimum + a couple more so Dont get discouraged. You will get it done the hardest was the 5 min step but it's possible. BEST OF LUCK

no worries i really appreciate it, i have been practicing about 2 weeks also, i max out at about 15 before my head feels like its going to explode as well as my arms, lol.thanks alot!

Comment

no worries i really appreciate it, i have been practicing about 2 weeks also, i max out at about 15 before my head feels like its going to explode as well as my arms, lol.thanks alot!
            Well the head part I know what u mean .... I realized I was holding my breath doing them maybe that's why your head feels that way.

Comment

• Oh my God :-( I am so worried... I still haven't heard anything from my Background Results. Met with my BI since July 20th. 14-2 applicant to SYS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just got an email today saying that my E-Qip and docs were rejected and have to resubmit everything...so frustrating

NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
                Score: 95+
                List:1XX February 2015
                APD-5: TBT
                Medical: TBT
                Written Psychological: TBT
                Oral Psychological: TBT
                Meet with investigator: TBT
                JST: TBT
                Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• Well I found out why they wanted me to call. They wanted to schedule another poly.

I pretty much nutted out as the next poly was 10.5 hours away from me.

I will say the poly process is a joke. I have taken 2 other polys prior to this one. I'm a 10 year road cop veteran and I will tell anyone taking the poly for CBP should be worried. They have a fail rate of 60%.

At this point I wish all those current and future applicants the best with this agency because you are going to need it.

Comment

• How quickly did you guys get the access code for the E-Quip? Got an email on Thursday saying that I should be getting the code soon with a deadline of the 14th but still no code.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSO1311 View Post
                      Well I found out why they wanted me to call. They wanted to schedule another poly.

I pretty much nutted out as the next poly was 10.5 hours away from me.

I will say the poly process is a joke. I have taken 2 other polys prior to this one. I'm a 10 year road cop veteran and I will tell anyone taking the poly for CBP should be worried. They have a fail rate of 60%.

At this point I wish all those current and future applicants the best with this agency because you are going to need it.
                      Wow! Thanks I have also taken two and my third will be on the 15th. I really think this is crazy and at this point I know this will be my last I REALLY DO APPRECIATE THE LUCK. Same to you GOOD LUCK!

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                        How quickly did you guys get the access code for the E-Quip? Got an email on Thursday saying that I should be getting the code soon with a deadline of the 14th but still no code.
                        Its mailed to you I got it with in a week

Comment

• Originally posted by joe_smith01 View Post
                          Just got an email today saying that my E-Qip and docs were rejected and have to resubmit everything...so frustrating

same thing happened to me, just fix whatever they wanted you to fix and submit it asap, i did that and they got back to me 3 days later.

Comment

The first time around I wasn't doing any working out... and I only had about 2 in a half weeks notification for my PFT1 so I did 4 sets of 15 reps of push ups everyday for the 2 1/2 weeks but I left 1 day of rest in before the PFT1. I had my pft1 on a Friday and only worked out up to Wednesday so I could let my muscles be fresh for the PFT1. The second time around I didn't do much push ups I did more weights but I focused more on the step up cadence test that was the difficult one for me. Hope I answered your question. Best of luck on your PFT1.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                              How quickly did you guys get the access code for the E-Quip? Got an email on Thursday saying that I should be getting the code soon with a deadline of the 14th but still no code.
                              I received it by email if it gets close to your deadline call them and let them know you haven't received anything. I received mine on the 2nd or 3rd day through email. They only gave me about a week to submit everything.

Comment

same thing happened to me, just fix whatever they wanted you to fix and submit it asap, i did that and they got back to me 3 days later.
                                Yea man i hear you. I got an email Friday afternoon and i spent all day yesterday making sure everything was perfect. So frustrating because i compared both documents (first time which was in August and now) and they're identical..

NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
                                Score: 95+
                                List:1XX February 2015
                                APD-5: TBT
                                Medical: TBT
                                Written Psychological: TBT
                                Oral Psychological: TBT
                                Meet with investigator: TBT
                                JST: TBT
                                Mini Med: TBT

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7880 users online. 193 members and 7687 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X