Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well guys I got my NOR for my polygraph. My application has been withdrawn at this time! I did reply back about filing an appeal! It sucks I told the truth and came out with that I lied. Well good luck everyone! I hope y'all make it! If I cannot get an appeal I will be retrying in 3 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I got a question let's say you get hired as a GS7 step 9 because your transferring from another Federal Agency. When your year is up do you get promoted to GS9 step 9?

Comment

• Well, got my NOR today and did'nt pass 16-1 test. Good luck to all continuing in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by anythingicanbe View Post
          Well guys I got my NOR for my polygraph. My application has been withdrawn at this time! I did reply back about filing an appeal! It sucks I told the truth and came out with that I lied. Well good luck everyone! I hope y'all make it! If I cannot get an appeal I will be retrying in 3 years!

When did you take it?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
            I got a question let's say you get hired as a GS7 step 9 because your transferring from another Federal Agency. When your year is up do you get promoted to GS9 step 9?
            This a very difficult question to answer as the situation varies for most people in this situation. It relies heavily on what was negotiated with MHC and possibly other management. I can say that in general terms as long as GS9 Step 9 is at or below what you were making prior to arriving at CBP, there is a good likelihood that that's where it will go. Example: a colleague that I went through the academy with was an 11-1 at the IRS and when he came over, he got 7-10. After one year, he was given 9-10 because it is ~ the same as 11-1. Then next year he will be 11-1. So take that with a grain of salt and I would suggest that you ask questions of MHC to figure out what your situation is.

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
            EOD - 08/2014
            FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
            DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              There's been pressure to change that policy and allow for backups....especially from Border Patrol.

Truthfully, I think the agency has bigger fish to fry. Personally, I'd rather see a more universal access to long guns. Backups, even if authorized, would probably be employed by a significant minority of CBPO's. As an off-duty option...that might be a different story.
              yeah they definitely do. I just like the idea of having a backup in case of a jam or another issue. I thought BP could have a backup, thats crazy that they cant!
              Last edited by ksgries; 12-03-2015, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ2710 View Post
                When did you take it?
                Monday 11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
                  Well, got my NOR today and did'nt pass 16-1 test. Good luck to all continuing in the process.
                  Sorry to hear that. Don't give up. Apply with other agencies while you wait to retake the test.

Comment

• Originally posted by anythingicanbe View Post
                    Monday 11/30

took it over a month ago. still nothing. cass, email, letter, nothing.

Comment

• Hello all I'm a newbie to this forum just looking for some advice regarding the entrance exam. I haven't applied yet but, have begun studying for the entrance exam itself. I'm just looking for some advice with anyone's experience with taking the exam. Was it as difficult as the study guides? Was it much easier? Just looking for some insight. I've been physically and mentally preparing to apply for some time now just to get myself ahead of the game when the time comes to apply for the port I desire.

Comment

• Good Evening guys! I have a question for those individuals who took, or has recently taken the PFT1. Does anyone mind sharing their experience? How many did you guys do for each section....etc. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
                          This a very difficult question to answer as the situation varies for most people in this situation. It relies heavily on what was negotiated with MHC and possibly other management. I can say that in general terms as long as GS9 Step 9 is at or below what you were making prior to arriving at CBP, there is a good likelihood that that's where it will go. Example: a colleague that I went through the academy with was an 11-1 at the IRS and when he came over, he got 7-10. After one year, he was given 9-10 because it is ~ the same as 11-1. Then next year he will be 11-1. So take that with a grain of salt and I would suggest that you ask questions of MHC to figure out what your situation is.

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                          I ment more like you got hired as a GS7 step 9. After 1 year you get promoted to GS9? So if you were a GS7 step 9 your already making more than a GS9 step 1. So my question is which step in GS9 would they put you at?

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ2710 View Post
                            took it over a month ago. still nothing. cass, email, letter, nothing.
                            Good luck I wish you the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                              I ment more like you got hired as a GS7 step 9. After 1 year you get promoted to GS9? So if you were a GS7 step 9 your already making more than a GS9 step 1. So my question is which step in GS9 would they put you at?
                              Two step rule.

A GS-07/09 would promote to what a GS -07/11 (if such a step existed ) would make, so figure the difference between what a GS-07/10 makes vs what a GS-07/09 makes. Double that difference.

Look for the figure on the GS-09 chart that matches or most closely matches by exceeding that figure.

In your example, that would be a 09/04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billsbacker77 View Post
                                Hello all I'm a newbie to this forum just looking for some advice regarding the entrance exam. I haven't applied yet but, have begun studying for the entrance exam itself. I'm just looking for some advice with anyone's experience with taking the exam. Was it as difficult as the study guides? Was it much easier? Just looking for some insight. I've been physically and mentally preparing to apply for some time now just to get myself ahead of the game when the time comes to apply for the port I desire.

The study guides from CBP directly were almost verbatim to what's on the test. If you're comfortable with those, I see no reason to worry.
                                CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                                09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                                09/23 Exam
                                10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                                10/18 Score - 98
                                10/26 eQip Email
                                10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                                10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                                11/04 Med/PFT1
                                11/04 eQip Sent
                                11/10 "" Accptd
                                11/23 VBT/SI
                                11/24 ""(Pass)
                                12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                                09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                                10/28 Exam (ALT)
                                11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                                11/18 Score (100)
                                11/20 TSL GS-5
                                12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                                02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12607 users online. 507 members and 12100 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X