300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terryberry View Post
    So who do we call m/what do we do?? Or do we wait for the "official" email stating that we failed?
    Patience is the key. You are worrying too much. Live your life normally and don't think about it.

CBPO 15-2 Series/Grade 1895/07
    Queens, NY (JFK)

5/05/15 - Applied
    6/24/15 - External Assessment
    7/16/15 - Medical / PFT1
    8/04/15 - VBT / SI / FP
    8/17/15 - e-QIP
    11/22/15 - Poly
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
      Patience is the key. You are worrying too much. Live your life normally and don't think about it.

CBPO 15-2 Series/Grade 1895/07
      Queens, NY (JFK)

5/05/15 - Applied
      6/24/15 - External Assessment
      7/16/15 - Medical / PFT1
      8/04/15 - VBT / SI / FP
      8/17/15 - e-QIP
      11/22/15 - Poly

I understand but I don't want to get a DQ before getting a retest or at least speaking to someone, also I am in the process for other agencies and don't want this failed Poly on my record as it is wrong, my integrity is being questioned i can't seem to just let it go lightly while my integrity is on the line…. It a fail a guaranteed fail?

Comment

• Originally posted by Terryberry View Post
        I understand but I don't want to get a DQ before getting a retest or at least speaking to someone, also I am in the process for other agencies and don't want this failed Poly on my record as it is wrong, my integrity is being questioned i can't seem to just let it go lightly while my integrity is on the line…. It a fail a guaranteed fail?
        Well your first mistake is saying no. If you really want something you should never say no. They asked you if you want to retest, your problem there was that you said no. From you answering no they probably wont retest you. A fail can be a minimal pass to QC. Just think positive. Don't feel bad until you get that official denial paper or email. I understand what you are going through. I felt the same way. I didn't want to know if I passed or failed, worrying will make you fail.
        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Good evening merlin436,

Sorry to bother you with a totally off topic question, but I tried to PM you but you inbox is full.I know you have a lot of knowledge about the CBPO postion. I am currently awaiting the call after I had to refer due to military commitments. I have a question for your, how CBP deal with medical insurance? is it a flat amount/rates? is it expensive? which company they use? Any info regarding the subject will be appreciated. I have a baby an want to make sure to have the right info before making decisions regarding medical insurance. Thanks

When you hire on you'll be given the opportunity to sign up with numerous different insurance companies and plans. The rates differ from company to company and from plan to plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Good evening merlin436,

Sorry to bother you with a totally off topic question, but I tried to PM you but you inbox is full.I know you have a lot of knowledge about the CBPO postion. I am currently awaiting the call after I had to refer due to military commitments. I have a question for your, how CBP deal with medical insurance? is it a flat amount/rates? is it expensive? which company they use? Any info regarding the subject will be appreciated. I have a baby an want to make sure to have the right info before making decisions regarding medical insurance. Thanks
            This question has many variables. It depends to much on individual situation and the location in which you are working. I would suggest that you start here.

https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/
            FB

Comment

• Do cbp officers carry backup sidearms? Like a p2000sk? I never talk current officers in the airport long enough to remember to ask.

Comment

• How long between NOR and next step for most of you? What is the next step after NOR?

Comment

• Originally posted by nolo View Post
                  How long between NOR and next step for most of you? What is the next step after NOR?
                  Check my signature...
                  CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                  09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                  09/23 Exam
                  10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                  10/18 Score - 98
                  10/26 eQip Email
                  10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                  10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                  11/04 Med/PFT1
                  11/04 eQip Sent
                  11/10 "" Accptd
                  11/23 VBT/SI
                  11/24 ""(Pass)
                  12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                  09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                  10/28 Exam (ALT)
                  11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                  11/18 Score (100)
                  11/20 TSL GS-5
                  12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                  02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by ksgries View Post
                    Do cbp officers carry backup sidearms? Like a p2000sk? I never talk current officers in the airport long enough to remember to ask.
                    The answer, for the greater part, is no. Outside of the odd exception, backup guns remain unauthorized.
                    Some CBPOs break with policy and carry backups anyway, especially on the land border, but they are the minority and are mavericking.

The P2000SK is an authorized weapon and is issued in selected incidences but the average CBPO is highly unlikely to be issued one.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      The answer, for the greater part, is no. Outside of the odd exception, backup guns remain unauthorized.
                      Some CBPOs break with policy and carry backups anyway, especially on the land border, but they are the minority and are mavericking.

The P2000SK is an authorized weapon and is issued in selected incidences but the average CBPO is highly unlikely to be issued one.
                      gotcha, id say i'm surprised that they don't at least let you purchase your own as a backup..but then again its not all that surprising lol

Comment

• Just got the email stating that I passed the med/fit tests. Granted, it says pretty much the exact same thing as the sheet of paper I was given after the VBT/SI. Now I know my uncorrected eyesight is awful, so I wonder when that will play a factor?
                        CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                        09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                        09/23 Exam
                        10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                        10/18 Score - 98
                        10/26 eQip Email
                        10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                        10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                        11/04 Med/PFT1
                        11/04 eQip Sent
                        11/10 "" Accptd
                        11/23 VBT/SI
                        11/24 ""(Pass)
                        09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                        10/28 Exam (ALT)
                        11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                        11/18 Score (100)
                        11/20 TSL GS-5
                        12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                        02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
                          Just got the email stating that I passed the med/fit tests. Granted, it says pretty much the exact same thing as the sheet of paper I was given after the VBT/SI. Now I know my uncorrected eyesight is awful, so I wonder when that will play a factor?

I received my notice that I passed the PFT1 aswell this morning. Congrats on to the next step. CASS had it updated since Monday or Tues I believe though so from now on I'm going to check that. Looks like it's quicker to find out your results through CASS.

Comment

• Good to know. I don't check CASS much, but I suppose I'll check it a bit more now. Exactly what day is it updated on?

Also, I JUST received an email about my medical. I hardly went through it, but I now have a follow-up packet (13 pages) that I believe is to be filled out by a physician, and it pertains to a few "issues" they want to make clear on. Previous asthma, something about my back, and my vision. Anyone have any insight on this part of the medical?
                            CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                            09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                            09/23 Exam
                            10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                            10/18 Score - 98
                            10/26 eQip Email
                            10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                            10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                            11/04 Med/PFT1
                            11/04 eQip Sent
                            11/10 "" Accptd
                            11/23 VBT/SI
                            11/24 ""(Pass)
                            09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                            10/28 Exam (ALT)
                            11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                            11/18 Score (100)
                            11/20 TSL GS-5
                            12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                            02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
                              Good to know. I don't check CASS much, but I suppose I'll check it a bit more now. Exactly what day is it updated on?

Also, I JUST received an email about my medical. I hardly went through it, but I now have a follow-up packet (13 pages) that I believe is to be filled out by a physician, and it pertains to a few "issues" they want to make clear on. Previous asthma, something about my back, and my vision. Anyone have any insight on this part of the medical?
                              CASS updates on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksgries View Post
                                gotcha, id say i'm surprised that they don't at least let you purchase your own as a backup..but then again its not all that surprising lol
                                There's been pressure to change that policy and allow for backups....especially from Border Patrol.

Truthfully, I think the agency has bigger fish to fry. Personally, I'd rather see a more universal access to long guns. Backups, even if authorized, would probably be employed by a significant minority of CBPO's. As an off-duty option...that might be a different story.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7908 users online. 418 members and 7490 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X