Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im meeting with my BI tomorrow and she claims that it is going to take about 4-5 hours. Can this be accurate or is she just saying that to cover herself in case it does? I cant recall reading that it takes that long on any of the posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobcatgolthwait View Post
      Im meeting with my BI tomorrow and she claims that it is going to take about 4-5 hours. Can this be accurate or is she just saying that to cover herself in case it does? I cant recall reading that it takes that long on any of the posts.
      Seems a bit long. Depends on how deep your background goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
        Not deep at all. College and then a 6 year teaching career in the same school district. AND she already interviewed 6 references(that I know of), so I cant imagine it will take that long

Comment

Im meeting with my BI tomorrow and she claims that it is going to take about 4-5 hours. Can this be accurate or is she just saying that to cover herself in case it does? I cant recall reading that it takes that long on any of the posts.
          Mine took 2.5 hours, and I have what someone could call a very clean background (no arrests, no drug use, no credit issues, clean employment, solid references, etc). I guess it takes as long as it needs to take.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
            It's just that there are alot of things to go over. Anything you can think of they will ask. And they have like a 50 page document that they gotta ask the questions verbatim off of and then record your responses. That part seems to take the longest. I already did one with cbp in '07 with the same investigator and it still took over 2 hrs. Just relax, it goes by pretty fast, other than the uncomfortable position of spilling your life to a total stranger!

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
              How difficult (if at all possible) is it to get a deferment for the final job offer/academy. I am getting married in August and would like to wait until after then to accept the job (because I will have to move 5 hours away).
              I read on a previous post where a guy has the offer for Oct/Nov. He was successfully defer until Dec, after his graduation from school.
              Last edited by GeM168; 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM.
              CBPO-LB/LA,CA
              Written: 08/08
              TO: 09/24/08
              FLETC CLASS 923

Comment

• Originally posted by GeM168 View Post
                I read on a previous post where the guy has the offer for Oct/Nov. He was successfully defer until Dec, after his graduation from school.
                Its not to worry, they wont drop you completely. It's just a risk because say you turn down an EOD, then maybe you dont get another one for 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  Its not to worry, they wont drop you completely. It's just a risk because say you turn down an EOD, then maybe you dont get another one for 6 months.
                  I went through the process with BP as well and when I turned down my EOD they told me in order to be considered again I would need to reapply. I would keep all the steps in the process as long as they didn't expire. So I could reapply right now and probably get picked up pretty quick. I would assume that if you turn down your EOD with CBP it would be the same and you would need to wait until another open period to reapply.

I also remember the post about someone has been deferred until they finished school until December.
                  GEO Pref: MIA
                  Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                  TO: 9/08
                  Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                  Medical: Completed
                  Fitness: Completed
                  VBT: Completed 12/4
                  BI: Completed
                  Qualifications: Completed
                  TSU: 12/4
                  EOD: 2/17
                  FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

Mine took less than a hour. It was uneventful... I have no criminal record, no drug use, lived at the same address my entire life, etc... they just review the things that are on the SF-86. Of course, I received a NOPA three weeks later [because a family member of mine had prescriptions mailed in from Canada in 2000... when I was 15 years old].

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
                      [because a family member of mine had prescriptions mailed in from Canada in 2000... when I was 15 years old].
                      Wow, how do you supose they came across that?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                        I went through the process with BP as well and when I turned down my EOD they told me in order to be considered again I would need to reapply. I would keep all the steps in the process as long as they didn't expire. So I could reapply right now and probably get picked up pretty quick. I would assume that if you turn down your EOD with CBP it would be the same and you would need to wait until another open period to reapply.

I also remember the post about someone has been deferred until they finished school until December.
                        A guy in my class was the best man at a wedding and it just so happens his friend that was getting married was in the class ahead of us. They left on Friday, the wedding was saturday and they were back by monday for class. Some honeymoon, huh!?

Comment

• I was told that in order to qualify as a GS - 7 under the Superior Academic Achievement, you have to already be graduated with a 3.0 minimum GPA. But I thought I saw in the application, that it said that as long as you were graduating within 9 months from the date of your tentative selection, you are eligible for the GS-7 position.

I received my tentative selection in May, I have a 3.2 GPA and I graduate in December which makes it only 7 months. Does anyone know if this would qualify me as a GS-7 right now. Or do I have to wait until I have actually graduated.

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                            I was told that in order to qualify as a GS - 7 under the Superior Academic Achievement, you have to already be graduated with a 3.0 minimum GPA. But I thought I saw in the application, that it said that as long as you were graduating within 9 months from the date of your tentative selection, you are eligible for the GS-7 position.

I received my tentative selection in May, I have a 3.2 GPA and I graduate in December which makes it only 7 months. Does anyone know if this would qualify me as a GS-7 right now. Or do I have to wait until I have actually graduated.
                            Do you plan on taking the job before graduating? I'm sure once you defer EOD, it will work itself out. Here's a protip: As soon as you graduate, send them another copy of your transcripts. This is to verify that you graduated AND that you can qualify for the higher pay grade based on SAA. Hope you didn't take a lot of pass/fail classes!

Comment

• I would definitely take the job before graduating. But they told me at MHC, that if I wanted to be qualified as a GS-7 I would have to wait until I graduated in order to be considered.

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                                I would definitely take the job before graduating. But they told me at MHC, that if I wanted to be qualified as a GS-7 I would have to wait until I graduated in order to be considered.
                                Where are you in terms of hiring timeline? If you're graduating next month with some time to spare, you might not have to worry about it. You can also defer your employment while finishing your degree. My bottom line is this: if you can make GS7, make it. If it means finishing your degree before you EOD? It's worth it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4221 users online. 184 members and 4037 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X