300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
    As a 5, the avg is like 860-900$ in JFK...a 7-1 is around 1000-1100$... That's with our locality, no Sunday pay, no holidays, no overtime.

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
    Weekly right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Abner Rios View Post
      Weekly right?

Bi-weekly. It sucks at first, but gets better fairly quickly.

EOD - 08/2014
      FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
      DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Hello everyone,
        I have a quick question i will be re-applying tomorrow but i was wondering what information and what steps does it ask for when you put in an application I completely forgot, its been a year since i applied. My worry is, am i going to have to fill out the e-quip or is that a different step in the process? What information will it ask me when applying?

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
          As a 5, the avg is like 860-900$ in JFK...a 7-1 is around 1000-1100$... That's with our locality, no Sunday pay, no holidays, no overtime.

That sounds about right.

Local PDs in my area (southern california) starts out in the low 60k. CBPO salary is very low starting out.

Gs-7 is 44k
          gs-9 is 54k
          gs-11 is 65k

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post
            That sounds about right.

Local PDs in my area (southern california) starts out in the low 60k. CBPO salary is very low starting out.

Gs-7 is 44k
            gs-9 is 54k
            gs-11 is 65k
            Starting salary for CBPOs is noticeably low in comparison to some other state/local positions.

On the other hand, many state/local positions do not top out as high or as quickly as the CBPO position does.

it's one thing to start out at 60k vs 44K. It's another thing, five years down the road, to be making 70K vs 80K. A person really needs to look beyond just starting pay and at the totality of the pay structures, especially if he plans to make a 20, 25 year or more career out of a job.

Comment

• That starting pay is to low I mean people have to live and eat out here esp if they have kids.

Comment

• Does anyone think that with this stuff going on in France, that our process might speed up?

NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
                Score: 95+
                List:1XX February 2015
                APD-5: TBT
                Medical: TBT
                Written Psychological: TBT
                Oral Psychological: TBT
                Meet with investigator: TBT
                JST: TBT
                Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
                  Hello everyone,
                  I have a quick question i will be re-applying tomorrow but i was wondering what information and what steps does it ask for when you put in an application I completely forgot, its been a year since i applied. My worry is, am i going to have to fill out the e-quip or is that a different step in the process? What information will it ask me when applying?

Anybody? I really need help since ill be looking to re-apply today, i am impatient of waiting for Houston to open a vacancy. I been referred to SU/EOD since July 30.

Comment

• Still haven't rcvd results on my poly nor a call from a investigator . Is this normal to wait a week or longer for passing poly results?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well I knew it was nothing good from not hearing anything from my poly. Well I just got a call and I have to retake the poly exam. Has anyone experienced this situation? What could possibly be the reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                        Well I knew it was nothing good from not hearing anything from my poly. Well I just got a call and I have to retake the poly exam. Has anyone experienced this situation? What could possibly be the reason?

Not enough data to score...it's not uncommon. Eat a good meal and get plenty of sleep before the next test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamesaustin1 View Post
                          Not enough data to score...it's not uncommon. Eat a good meal and get plenty of sleep before the next test.
                          I'm hoping because if it was fail then I wouldn't even of had a chance. All I know is that when I was there the examiner kept trying to warm up my hands to activate my sweat glands not sure if that had anything to do with it because he told me I don't see any reason why you would have a fail I see a preliminary pass. So this is why I worry because I wonder what QC saw for me to have to retake. Thanks for the response

Last edited by lilab; 11-16-2015, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                            I'm hoping because if it was fail then I wouldn't even of had a chance. All I know is that when I was there the examiner kept trying to warm up my hands to activate my sweat glands not sure if that had anything to do with it because he told me I don't see any reason why you would have a fail I see a preliminary pass. So this is why I worry because I wonder what QC saw for me to have to retake. Thanks for the response

Lilab, I went through the same. I thought I had pass my first attempt too. My examiner said I should be alright [emoji15] Then two weeks later I received an email from another examiner to retake it. My second one didn't help much, apparently [emoji32] . At the end, the examiner suddenly starts telling me that I had "serious drug related issues" and I went into shock!!!! I couldn't believe it! And honestly, I felt bullied and played because their "findings" were 100% false. Its like been accused of a crime you did not commit!!!

Comment

• I just got a phone call a little earlier. Scheduled my poly for tomorrow. All I will need left is my drug test. My Bi is already in process... I'm 15-3 south texas location

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                                Lilab, I went through the same. I thought I had pass my first attempt too. My examiner said I should be alright [emoji15] Then two weeks later I received an email from another examiner to retake it. My second one didn't help much, apparently [emoji32] . At the end, the examiner suddenly starts telling me that I had "serious drug related issues" and I went into shock!!!! I couldn't believe it! And honestly, I felt bullied and played because their "findings" were 100% false. Its like been accused of a crime you did not commit!!!
                                So did you fail after all or pass? I see many past responses that they pass after the second attempt. I know I'm being truthful and I will take James Austin advice and eat rest and be honest again! Hoping for the best. Just wondering if the whole being cold thing played a part on my results

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11570 users online. 419 members and 11151 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X