Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks lilab. After my post I saw that these steps included confidentiality agreements, so obviously I'm pretty much on my own. Nonetheless, thanks for the reply.
    CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
    09/13/15 App (Laredo)
    09/23 Exam
    10/09 Rfrd GS-7
    10/18 Score - 98
    10/26 eQip Email
    10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
    10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
    11/04 Med/PFT1
    11/04 eQip Sent
    11/10 "" Accptd
    11/23 VBT/SI
    11/24 ""(Pass)
    12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
    09/18/15 App (S. TX)
    10/28 Exam (ALT)
    11/15 ReApp (AZ)
    11/18 Score (100)
    11/20 TSL GS-5
    12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
    02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
      Thanks lilab. After my post I saw that these steps included confidentiality agreements, so obviously I'm pretty much on my own. Nonetheless, thanks for the reply.
      Just be your self, you will be fine.
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post
        we have GS 12 Border Patrol guys switched to CBP OFO as GS 7-10.

I am a military veteran, BA degree with academic excellence , and prior city police. I came in CBP OFO as GS 7-1

Yeah.

This is the first announcement I can recall that offers a GS- 09 as an opening offer. I think the agency is charting new territory here. I would not be surprised if new hires with extensive experience in customs, immigration and other law enforcement are now offered a GS -09, despite past practice that used to offer nothing above a GS -07.

Comment

• Originally posted by geek4life View Post
          we have GS 12 Border Patrol guys switched to CBP OFO as GS 7-10.

I am a military veteran, BA degree with academic excellence , and prior city police. I came in CBP OFO as GS 7-1
          I'm currently in pre-academy with a former BPA who was GS-12, and is now a GS 7-10, so, yes, that is true. In fact, my FTO said that there have been a lot of BPAs switching over to CBPO recently. Not sure why that is. The trainee I'm with said he did it because of location. He was commuting almost 100 miles to the BP station he was at, and OFO offered him here in El Paso, which is where he currently lives.
          "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
            I'm currently in pre-academy with a former BPA who was GS-12, and is now a GS 7-10, so, yes, that is true. In fact, my FTO said that there have been a lot of BPAs switching over to CBPO recently. Not sure why that is. The trainee I'm with said he did it because of location. He was commuting almost 100 miles to the BP station he was at, and OFO offered him here in El Paso, which is where he currently lives.
            Most PAS currently bolt from BP either for location or they're spooked by the BP's upcoming pay reform.

The ones jumping for the money may be in for a surprise. BP tends to not have much experience or awareness of OFO beyond the southern border. Much of OFO can't compete with the $$$ numbers they're likely leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by anythingicanbe View Post
              All over my medical documents today said unremarkable good health and etc. however it did state obese and look into weight loss programs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by anythingicanbe View Post
              however it did state obese

Obese?? OBese??? = O as in round, round as in donut'z = donuts make ya' FAT!!!

Therefer' obese mean'z ya' fat!!!!

So any-thang-it-can-be, cud' mean any thang is fat ..... therefer' ya' tiz' FAT!!!!

FATSO!!!!

Originally posted by mookster
              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
              Originally posted by CityCopDC
              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

• Anyone have anymore info on the Law Enforement Communication Assistant(LECA) posting? Is there room for growth and advancement, etc? Is it a good stepping stone towards CBP Officer?

Thank You,

Comment

• Originally posted by MIRACLE View Post
                  Anyone have anymore info on the Law Enforement Communication Assistant(LECA) posting? Is there room for growth and advancement, etc? Is it a good stepping stone towards CBP Officer?

Thank You,
                  It depends a lot on the particulars, but most LECA ate basically support people who run the radios and do something sort of similar to dispatch duties.

Would it help having the background as a CBPO, yeah. You'd have a lot of the computer experience. Running criminal history checks, DL checks, vehicle registration checks, etc. Is it necessary. ..no. If you want to be a CBPO just directly apply for a CBPO announcement.

I know there are supervisory positions within the LECA environment. I'm not sure how much room to advance there is though. CBPO's journeyman out at the GS -12 level. Few LECAs will reach GS-12s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mbrown1212 View Post
                    I haven't heard anything either. I did the medical vbt/si and pft1. Waiting for test dates for poly and drug.

CBPO 15-3
                    Same exact boat as you guys. 15-3 southwest border here. After passing bvt /si in Sept 28th, standstill. Have you guy's pre-employment, quals, drug screen, BI been processed yet?

Comment

• What location for the southwest?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                        What location for the southwest?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                        San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCVPO View Post
                          Same exact boat as you guys. 15-3 southwest border here. After passing bvt /si in Sept 28th, standstill. Have you guy's pre-employment, quals, drug screen, BI been processed yet?
                          I have been scheduled for my poly. I switched the date and am taking that 12-1 instead of tomorrow. I've also been contacted about my medical. The office I took it at forgot to check my eyes without my contacts in. So now I have to do that in a couple hours and my medical will be complete. I'm a 15-3 for the northeast critical need port. Hope that helps

Comment

• Originally posted by SSO1311 View Post
                            I have been scheduled for my poly. I switched the date and am taking that 12-1 instead of tomorrow. I've also been contacted about my medical. The office I took it at forgot to check my eyes without my contacts in. So now I have to do that in a couple hours and my medical will be complete. I'm a 15-3 for the northeast critical need port. Hope that helps
                            What port might that be if you don't mind sharing?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• 16-1 anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCVPO View Post
                                I also have not heard anything since I sent in my background info & fingerprints in early september.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4465 users online. 243 members and 4222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X