300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shan03 View Post
    I receive a letter with an unfavorable polygraph result. Can I ask for the reason? Where I can call to have some info. I tell all the truth and I was relax. I feel really sad.
    What did they tell you when you finished the polygraph
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• He said that I was failing one question! That I was lying that I was a good candidate but I haved to tell the truth. I aswer everything he ask truthfull. Then he said that the result would be sent to QC and if I was willing to take the polygraph again and I said yes. Today two weeks after I receive the letter telling an unfavorable result.

Comment

• This was alluded to above, but is it truly worth reapplying for the GS-09 announcement if we are currently in the process already? I was in the process of applying to the GS-09 announcement out of curiousity but theres a question that says "...by applying to this announcement you will overwrite your previous selection...."
        I'm concerned that the progress from my current application will be delayed or terminated and that I'd have to wait many more months just to be where I am currently in the process if I proceeded with the GS-09 announcement. Given that it takes around 1 year to even get hired, would a few more months of waiting be in the best interest?
        Last edited by 1recruit; 11-05-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Just would like to say good luck to all future applicants. I've recently graduated and love this job. Keep at it and never give up. My process toke me a year to get in. Stay blessed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
            I take it the pipeline for EWR has backed up and needless to say stopped...? That's my location as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
            Sadly me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• You all should keep in mind that the numbers of applicants you're likely find on this or any board is probably just a slight fraction of the true number of applicants out there.

Drawing a conclusion that a major port such as Newark is not hiring based on the lack of feedback from applicants posting here or elsewhere is probably an erroneous conclusion in the real world.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1recruit View Post
                This was alluded to above, but is it truly worth reapplying for the GS-09 announcement if we are currently in the process already? I was in the process of applying to the GS-09 announcement out of curiousity but theres a question that says "...by applying to this announcement you will overwrite your previous selection...."
                I'm concerned that the progress from my current application will be delayed or terminated and that I'd have to wait many more months just to be where I am currently in the process if I proceeded with the GS-09 announcement. Given that it takes around 1 year to even get hired, would a few more months of waiting be in the best interest?
                Maybe. Maybe not.

Your completed steps would carry over. You'd have to wait to get vetted at the GS-09 level, which if you're using college and/or work experience might take a great deal of additional time to verify transcripts or resume.

Then again, if you submitted your GS-09 qualifications previously to qualify as a GS-05 or GS-07, all you might need is a review of your previous submissions with a view towards vetting you as a GS-09. That should be pretty much straight forward and fairly quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                  95 days on the SU. No signs yet
                  Same here. But my location is Houston TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
                    No updates today in Cass. My background investigation still states "Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required."

Did anyone that had/has that, have any changes or hear anything yet?

15-3
                    I haven't heard anything either. I did the medical vbt/si and pft1. Waiting for test dates for poly and drug.

CBPO 15-3

Comment

• M brown what port did you put in for?

Comment

• The current GS-9 requirements are either graduate or port experience only as an requirement, correct? If a candidate had previous local Law Enforcement experience could put you in the GS-9 category ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sdm85 View Post
                          The current GS-9 requirements are either graduate or port experience only as an requirement, correct? If a candidate had previous local Law Enforcement experience could put you in the GS-9 category ?

I've never seen a previous hiring announcement for CBPOs that included a GS -09 option.

I think the agency is charting new territory here.

If you feel you might meet the qualifications for a GS -09 based on your previous law enforcement experience, put in for it. Apply also for a GS -05 and GS -07. With luck you'll get picked up as a GS -09. If not, they'll offer you whatever they opine you qualify for.

Comment

• SI/VBT in two weeks. At this point I have no idea what that is or what to expect, so I'm gonna start researching it. Any tips/links?
                            CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                            09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                            09/23 Exam
                            10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                            10/18 Score - 98
                            10/26 eQip Email
                            10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                            10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                            11/04 Med/PFT1
                            11/04 eQip Sent
                            11/10 "" Accptd
                            11/23 VBT/SI
                            11/24 ""(Pass)
                            12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                            09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                            10/28 Exam (ALT)
                            11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                            11/18 Score (100)
                            11/20 TSL GS-5
                            12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                            02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              I've never seen a previous hiring announcement for CBPOs that included a GS -09 option.

I think the agency is charting new territory here.

If you feel you might meet the qualifications for a GS -09 based on your previous law enforcement experience, put in for it. Apply also for a GS -05 and GS -07. With luck you'll get picked up as a GS -09. If not, they'll offer you whatever they opine you qualify for.
                              we have GS 12 Border Patrol guys switched to CBP OFO as GS 7-10.

I am a military veteran, BA degree with academic excellence , and prior city police. I came in CBP OFO as GS 7-1

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
                                SI/VBT in two weeks. At this point I have no idea what that is or what to expect, so I'm gonna start researching it. Any tips/links?
                                Basically for the video based test think customer service and as for the structured interview its exactly what it says it is an interview. Due to signing a form of confidentiality regarding this step details can't be given. Good luck this should be by far the easiest step nerves will get to you but once there you will see its a walk in the park. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9691 users online. 472 members and 9219 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X