300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Five years isn't all that long ago. That may jam you up. The frequency of usage may also be a problem.

Beyond that, you're likely going to have to explain why your E-qip tells one story and your poly speaks of a different tale.
    I used it twice back in 2009. They just found me unsuitable because I didn't mention this on the equip but did mentioned it on the poly and to the background investigator... I messed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
      Well you was supposed to be honest from the start. Also in the email for the poly it states to re read your e-Qip. You can always reapply but I believe your chances would be at minimum due to a lie CBP caught you in.
      Well hopefully this isn't the case. I am already paying and I've already learned my lesson. But hopefully they don't give me issues if I re apply

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleophus View Post
        Your eQip goes back 7 years, but when you do your poly they will ask you about your whole life. Atleast that's what they did at mine. I'm 32 and i told them about stuff from 15-17 yrs old when he asked and my poly got delayed...
        Thanks for chiming in Kleophus. How does that work? If the parameters of the two statements (eQip and Poly) are different, then the results will surely differ. And can you explain what you mean by "poly got delayed"? Specifics as to why it got delayed.
        CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
        09/13/15 App (Laredo)
        09/23 Exam
        10/09 Rfrd GS-7
        10/18 Score - 98
        10/26 eQip Email
        10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
        10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
        11/04 Med/PFT1
        11/04 eQip Sent
        11/10 "" Accptd
        11/23 VBT/SI
        11/24 ""(Pass)
        12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
        09/18/15 App (S. TX)
        10/28 Exam (ALT)
        11/15 ReApp (AZ)
        11/18 Score (100)
        11/20 TSL GS-5
        12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
        02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancelotml View Post
          Okay so interesting inquiry. I'm a 15-1 for EWR (officially hating my decision after so many JFK applicants appear to be moving at light speed) initially I chose the location because 'technically' it's closer to get to Newark then JFK. And anyone from the NYC area knows the belt is a horror. However, I am a NY resident- will I be taxed for both NY and NJ upon 'hopefully' beginning the job?
          Any other non-gov job you're dually taxed. Is this still applicable for this type of gov employment?
          Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I wonder when they will allow us to select JFK next time for applying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas View Post
            I wonder when they will allow us to select JFK next time for applying.
            Presumably when JFK needs bodies. JFK applicants are moving so spots are filling/waiting to fill a quota.
            Has anyone from EWR heard anyyyhhiiinnnggg??! Ahhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Finally! Green check for medical.

Comment

• Congrats!!!!

Comment

• Relax, just be yourself and tell the truth...piece of advise, bring your won snacks and water/drinks

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
                    Thanks for chiming in Kleophus. How does that work? If the parameters of the two statements (eQip and Poly) are different, then the results will surely differ. And can you explain what you mean by "poly got delayed"? Specifics as to why it got delayed.
                    I went to take the poly exam. After we went over all the questions to be asked, i took a "practice" exam. The examiner had me write on a piece of paper, the #5 in a sequence of 2,3,4,_,6,7. He had me intentionally lie that i did not write the #5. Afterwards we took a break and came back where he informed me that he had to send my updated eQip to MHC. The only updating that would have been done was the questions that he had asked outside of the requested information that was initially submitted on the eQip, outside of the 7 years since it never asked for that information.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
                    CBPo 15-2, Detroit

4-29-15 Applied
                    6-13-15 Exam
                    6-30-15 TSL
                    7-16-15 Med/PFT1
                    7-22-15 NOR
                    7-23-15 VBT/SI
                    8-28-15 Submitt BI
                    9-9-15 Med review received
                    9-15-15 Med review submitted
                    10-19-15 Polygraph (Rescheduled)

Comment

Your eQip goes back 7 years, but when you do your poly they will ask you about your whole life. Atleast that's what they did at mine. I'm 32 and i told them about stuff from 15-17 yrs old when he asked and my poly got delayed.

Kleophus that was a good advice. I would like to add to all the people wondering if they should put/tell about stuff that they did/happened 5 years ago or longer that always tell them the truth since the beginning, because they will find out. If you were CBP what would you rather, somebody telling you the truth since the beginning or spending money to find out that you lied to me. If you tell the truth you will have a chance to explain the circumstances of what happened, if you don't you are done for sure.

Comment

• Hello all.

Anyone taken the VBT/SI recently at Laredo, TX? A friend told me he took it, but after the VBT they didn't do the SI.

I am a current CBPO and I remember the SI part is pretty....weak. I don't know if because of the workload at Laredo, they only do the VBT. Or because of the time (4PM).

Anyone that has had the VBT/SI recently in Laredo can shed any light?

Appreciate it.

Comment

I went to take the poly exam. After we went over all the questions to be asked, i took a "practice" exam. The examiner had me write on a piece of paper, the #5 in a sequence of 2,3,4,_,6,7. He had me intentionally lie that i did not write the #5. Afterwards we took a break and came back where he informed me that he had to send my updated eQip to MHC. The only updating that would have been done was the questions that he had asked outside of the requested information that was initially submitted on the eQip, outside of the 7 years since it never asked for that information...
                          Again, thanks Kleophus. That helps clarify somewhat what I didn't understand. It just didn't make sense that they would ask for "X" years on the eQip and then question you about "Y" years in the poly. That would really throw me off and make me feel like I was lying at some point and unsure of myself. And I have every intention of supply exactly what they ask for.
                          CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                          09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                          09/23 Exam
                          10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                          10/18 Score - 98
                          10/26 eQip Email
                          10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                          10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                          11/04 Med/PFT1
                          11/04 eQip Sent
                          11/10 "" Accptd
                          11/23 VBT/SI
                          11/24 ""(Pass)
                          12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                          09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                          10/28 Exam (ALT)
                          11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                          11/18 Score (100)
                          11/20 TSL GS-5
                          12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                          02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Is one allowed to snack/drink during their polygraph exam?

Comment

• I would just do as instructed for the eQIP.

For the poly you all should just stop giving advice for it, you're supposed to go in with no knowledge of what to expect from it. Now all these people will be worried about things that happened outside of 7 years, etc.

Comment

I went to take the poly exam. Afterwards we took a break and came back where he informed me that he had to send my updated eQip to MHC. The only updating that would have been done was the questions that he had asked outside of the requested information that was initially submitted on the eQip, outside of the 7 years since it never asked for that information.

A lot of you need to remember that you signed a non-disclosure prior to certain steps being taken during the hiring process. Please be careful what you say about the things you agreed not to talk about.

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                                EOD - 08/2014
                                FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                                DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5249 users online. 273 members and 4976 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X