300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...

Thank you for your service in the military.
    I think that's something we can all agree on.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      I don't think it's a horrid idea, but ultimately I think it'll only mask the overall problem.

Start a new thread and sooner or later it'll get 5-8-10 pages long and nobody will bother reading it entirely either.

What people need to realize is that the search skills needed to find the answers to most applicant questions now are the same skills needed when you're on the job and trying to answer some odd question thrown at you from someone on the phone or in the lobby....or a promotion enhancing question from your PD/SPD/DFO, etc.
      I totally agree with this post, I just don't see it happening in this forum. The fact is that people are either too lazy or unknowing about the search function. Even then, they maybe search one word, look at the first page of the results and then decide there's no info on it. You tell people to go back a few pages and they won't because the thread is too big anyways.

Here's the expanded idea. I don't know why I'm posting about this, I realize it's off topic, but just for a little food for thought. Humor me.

I've seen 'megathreads' done on other forums that are fairly successful because they are able to answer a lot of general questions in the first post. They also get the members of the forum to contribute to the first post, and have the original poster update it with what they think is necessary information. The first part could be laying out what the job is, some words from CBPOs about their experiences and what to expect on the job, and some good things and bad things about it and what not. The next part you run down the general process of what an applicant goes through. Third part is a FAQ that highlights generic questions that we see all of the time. Of course the post would be massive, but it's a one stop shop for information.

Obviously to do this someone would have to have the time to put it together, not to mention close this thread. Which I don't see happening.

/end rant. Now for a serious question.

Don't like it here? go over to delphi forums, and see how helpful people are when you get snotty with them.
      I've heard before that this forum exists, but I've never been there. Could someone link to it please?
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Delphi CBP forum

http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/start

Delphi Border Patrol applicant forum

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol/start

Both excellent places to research answers.

Comment

Delphi CBP forum

http://forums.delphiforums.com/customsinspect/start

Delphi Border Patrol applicant forum

http://forums.delphiforums.com/borderpatrol/start

Both excellent places to research answers.
          Ah, Thank you. I knew about the USBP forum but not the CBPO one.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
            Ah, Thank you. I knew about the USBP forum but not the CBPO one.
            Like I previous said, the Delphi forums are are wonderful. There are also ICE forums and a bunch of other law enforcement related forums as well. Border Patrol has an Agent/Officer only forum that you'll probably want access to once you're on the job. Check out the 'See who likes us' tabs, there's a score of useful boards there.

MY advice...once you get hired and settled in buy a Delphiplus membership($40ish) and you can search the entire site for any message ever created from the startup of each board. There's been a ton of stuff posted over there. It's well worth the investment, IMO.
            Last edited by merlin436; 11-05-2008, 06:59 AM.

Comment

I totally agree with this post, I just don't see it happening in this forum. The fact is that people are either too lazy or unknowing about the search function. Even then, they maybe search one word, look at the first page of the results and then decide there's no info on it. You tell people to go back a few pages and they won't because the thread is too big anyways.

Here's the expanded idea. I don't know why I'm posting about this, I realize it's off topic, but just for a little food for thought. Humor me.

I've seen 'megathreads' done on other forums that are fairly successful because they are able to answer a lot of general questions in the first post. They also get the members of the forum to contribute to the first post, and have the original poster update it with what they think is necessary information. The first part could be laying out what the job is, some words from CBPOs about their experiences and what to expect on the job, and some good things and bad things about it and what not. The next part you run down the general process of what an applicant goes through. Third part is a FAQ that highlights generic questions that we see all of the time. Of course the post would be massive, but it's a one stop shop for information.

Obviously to do this someone would have to have the time to put it together, not to mention close this thread. Which I don't see happening.

/end rant. Now for a serious question.

I've heard before that this forum exists, but I've never been there. Could someone link to it please?
              I think this is a good Idea.
              ICE SA
              FLETC - MAY 10th Class

Comment

One thing that could be done rather easily...

There's talk the help and suggestion board of creating a new federal law enforcement board under the "Officers and Law Enforcement Professionals ONLY" section.

If we could move a lot of the cluttering gabber that goes on between current officers/agents on this thread to it's own board, you'd see this thread clean up a bit. It would also move a lot of the "non-hiring, current work" topics off the applicant thread. That would be a good thing, IMO.

If anyone wants, stop in and add your opinion to it.
                http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102337

Comment

There's talk the help and suggestion board of creating a new federal law enforcement board under the "Officers and Law Enforcement Professionals ONLY" section.

If we could move a lot of the cluttering gabber that goes on between current officers/agents on this thread to it's own board, you'd see this thread clean up a bit. It would also move a lot of the "non-hiring, current work" topics off the applicant thread.

I concur.
                  ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Just got scheduled for my drug test on Friday

So, I've completed med/fit, vbt, drug test, background (according to CASS) and I'm a July tester

What's the structured interview? Is that all that's left?

Thanks!

Comment

• CBP career paths

First I just want to apologize if this has been asked and answered. I have been browsing the thread and haven't found a specific answer to my question so here it is.

I know the basic differences between a CBP position and that of a local police officer. I am more attracted to government work however I am concerned with where my career as a CBP officer may lead...or not lead. To anyone in the know, what positions can I move into within CBP after I put in some time? I have no specifics in mind although I wouldn't mind being a dog handler at some point. I guess I am just concerned that I would be stuck in a booth for 25 years. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MilwaukeeBucks View Post
                        Just got scheduled for my drug test on Friday

So, I've completed med/fit, vbt, drug test, background (according to CASS) and I'm a July tester

Thanks!
                        The structured interview IS the VBT

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          The structured interview IS the VBT
                          Oh wow. So the application process is moving along pretty good

Comment

Yeah sounds like it. what was your geo choice? Just sit back and wait for a training slot and see if your BI is being adjudicated or just sitting some place waiting to be finished.

Comment

Just got scheduled for my drug test on Friday

Thanks!
                              Have all of those things cleared in CASS? I only have the drug test left to complete as well. My qualifications (gs-7 based on education), medical, bi, and structured interview still say pending.
                              Last edited by audi0xpl0de; 11-05-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Whats the story on your quals and have you been contacted by a BI yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10908 users online. 397 members and 10511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X