Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live your life normally and don't think about this process.
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• ok, great !! thanks guys for the advise
      CBPO: GS-5
      Geo/Location: JFK
      Tested: 3/'13
      NOR (84)
      Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
      Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
      Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
      The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
      BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
      EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
        My location is EWR.
        Yeah, i hope we get the phone call this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn02 View Post
          Im done with the process im just waiting for the phone call. Whats your location? Im going to Houston, Texas

Wish this was my status. Agh!!

Comment

• Okay so interesting inquiry. I'm a 15-1 for EWR (officially hating my decision after so many JFK applicants appear to be moving at light speed) initially I chose the location because 'technically' it's closer to get to Newark then JFK. And anyone from the NYC area knows the belt is a horror. However, I am a NY resident- will I be taxed for both NY and NJ upon 'hopefully' beginning the job?
            Any other non-gov job you're dually taxed. Is this still applicable for this type of gov employment?
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancelotml View Post
              Okay so interesting inquiry. I'm a 15-1 for EWR (officially hating my decision after so many JFK applicants appear to be moving at light speed) initially I chose the location because 'technically' it's closer to get to Newark then JFK. And anyone from the NYC area knows the belt is a horror. However, I am a NY resident- will I be taxed for both NY and NJ upon 'hopefully' beginning the job?
              Any other non-gov job you're dually taxed. Is this still applicable for this type of gov employment?
              Thanks in advance.

I believe you get taxed by your address. I really don't know.
              With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                I believe you get taxed by your address. I really don't know.
                Yea I'm not sure if anyone would really know the answer but it was worth a shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancelotml View Post
                  Yea I'm not sure if anyone would really know the answer but it was worth a shot

Generally, a person is taxed in the state he WORKS in. That goes for tax withholding as well.

However, some states have reciprocity agreements. Some don't. Some states are more aggressive in pursuing taxes due. Some are more lax. You may well have a need to file multiple state returns paying non- resident tax in NJ and resident tax in NY.

I'd get with a tax professional in NJ/NY who has experience with this sort of thing. It can't that difficult to find to find a tax preparer with experience in dealing with NYS residents who work in NJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Generally, a person is taxed in the state he WORKS in. That goes for tax withholding as well.

However, some states have reciprocity agreements. Some don't. Some states are more aggressive in pursuing taxes due. Some are more lax. You may well have a need to file multiple state returns paying non- resident tax in NJ and resident tax in NY.

I'd get with a tax professional in NJ/NY who has experience with this sort of thing. It can't that difficult to find to find a tax preparer with experience in dealing with NYS residents who work in NJ.
                    Oh I've been there before - I just wasn't thinking about taxes when choosing a location. Saves me on bridge tolls and gas upfront but I'll be smacked with the reality at the end of each fiscal year

Comment

• Originally posted by milkman2089 View Post
                      I had my credit pulled yesterday (10/21) by a company called Data Facts Inc from Cordova, TN.
                      I checked their website and it shows they do background screenings. Is anyone familiar with this company?
                      If it's for CBP it will be under: CUSTOMS AND BORDER P via CBR/US CUSTOMS

Comment

• Hello,
                        So after two years of going with the process and passing pretty much everything, including poly, the adjudicators office found me unsuitable. Now, the reason? because I didn't mention that I tired weed 5 years ago on my equip and I did on my poly. So people just be honest from the gecko. Ive learned my lesson, the question now is....can I re*apply? I've emailed different people and they all seemed to say to re-apply as I didn't fail the poly or anything like that. I will re apply and see what happens, and be honest from the gecko. Hopefully some of the things ive don't transfers to the new application (medical, fitness, poly, etc).
                        good luck everyone!

Comment

• Where were you in the process? What stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by nicolls90 View Post
                            Hello,
                            So after two years of going with the process and passing pretty much everything, including poly, the adjudicators office found me unsuitable. Now, the reason? because I didn't mention that I tired weed 5 years ago on my equip and I did on my poly. So people just be honest from the gecko. Ive learned my lesson, the question now is....can I re*apply? I've emailed different people and they all seemed to say to re-apply as I didn't fail the poly or anything like that. I will re apply and see what happens, and be honest from the gecko. Hopefully some of the things ive don't transfers to the new application (medical, fitness, poly, etc).
                            good luck everyone!

Five years isn't all that long ago. That may jam you up. The frequency of usage may also be a problem.

Beyond that, you're likely going to have to explain why your E-qip tells one story and your poly speaks of a different tale.

Comment

• Originally posted by nicolls90 View Post
                              Hello,
                              good luck everyone!
                              Sorry to hear that Nicolls90, if your age is still within the age limit (37), then you should definitely reapply. The list below contains the valid period of each pre employment process test result which you can find in the link below.

http://www.cbp.gov/careers/join-cbp/...er/cbp-officer

Written test = (good for) 1 year
                              VBT and SI = 3 years
                              Fitness test = 1 year
                              medical test = 2 years
                              Poly and BI = 3 years

In my case, I failed my poly three years ago and reapply now. My medical test turned green after i received NOR.

Hope this helps!
                              Last edited by S.O.S.; 10-26-2015, 11:40 AM.
                              CBPO
                              GEO: SWB San Ysidro
                              Written Exam: 9/24/15
                              Referred: 10/9/15
                              TSL: 10/13/15
                              Med: 10/15/15
                              NOR: 10/19/15 (100)
                              Qual.: 10/21/15 (GS-5)

Comment

• First day in pre academy. Just got sworn in by the port director. Feels really good!

"I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7876 users online. 430 members and 7446 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X