Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
    What announcement are you?

I am 15-3, and mine still states: "Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required."
    I was 15-3 Vermont first then reapplied for 15-4 Texas and then 16-1 to get JFK.

I was missing 4 documents and submitted them today and then they emailed me back saying my Info was sent to the BI unit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by anythingicanbe View Post
      I was 15-3 Vermont first then reapplied for 15-4 Texas and then 16-1 to get JFK.

I was missing 4 documents and submitted them today and then they emailed me back saying my Info was sent to the BI unit

see, **** like that makes no sense to me. 15-2 EWR. Ive had all my documents in for maybe 2 months now, and it still has "Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required." Med is still pending and same with qualifications.

you think they could just send my stuff to the BI unit? nahhh. Just okay my medical when I'm in great condition? nahh! lol Id be okay waiting months for a position in a class or even a position at EWR to open(which we all know there are plenty of) just the waiting for everything else is painful when there shouldn't be any real reason for it
      Last edited by ksgries; 10-21-2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksgries View Post
        see, **** like that makes no sense to me. 15-2 EWR. Ive had all my documents in for maybe 2 months now, and it still has "Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required." MI is still pending and same with qualifications.

you think they could just send my stuff to the BI unit? nahhh. Just okay my medical when I'm in great condition? nahh! lol Id be okay waiting months for a position in a class or even a position at EWR to open(which we all know there are plenty of) just the waiting for everything else is painful when there shouldn't be any real reason for it
        I've been dying as well! It's been like weeks since I received anything from them. I've been keeping my mind off it by hitting the gym and running. No way in hell am I going to get this far to fail out on PF2

Comment

I've been dying as well! It's been like weeks since I received anything from them. I've been keeping my mind off it by hitting the gym and running. No way in hell am I going to get this far to fail out on PF2

lol well your doing better then some of us. I'm not exactly worried about the PF2 i know i can destroy that. I'm more worried about the poly, not that i have anything to hide, just from people failing when they say they didn't hide anything either. But i guess you never really know if anyone hid anything or not.

Comment

lol well your doing better then some of us. I'm not exactly worried about the PF2 i know i can destroy that. I'm more worried about the poly, not that i have anything to hide, just from people failing when they say they didn't hide anything either. But i guess you never really know if anyone hid anything or not.
            I am right there with you about the poly! I have avoided jobs with the poly! I don't have anything to hide I'm just worried I'm going to fail

Comment

• Hey guys, any last minute tips before taking the entrance exam??

Comment

• Originally posted by DHShopeful View Post
                Hey guys, any last minute tips before taking the entrance exam??
                Read the questions carefully. And make sure you use up all the time instead of rushing through the test.
                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by DHShopeful View Post
                  Hey guys, any last minute tips before taking the entrance exam??
                  If it really is last minute (ie. test tomorrow morning), then hopefully you did a few practice tests. If you're not taking it tomorrow, I advise you taking a few to really familiarize yourself with the types of questions on the test. They're pretty spot on. I'm not much for reading, especially for hours on end, so I really had to focus at times. This is especially true when it came to the questions that are intended to really throw you off. I feel like the test was heavy on the "...NOT..." questions/answers.

I noted on my scratch paper any that I felt unsure about even after choosing an answer. With plenty of time at the end I went back to a select few questions. Though, I only changed 1 answer. I did have an "aha!" moment, having gone back to the question at the end, and I was certain I finally had the right answer.

I did glance at the time remaining every so often and made sure I was on track. I didn't feel rushed really at all, which was nice, and I finished in about 4 hours.

I scored a 98, so take it for what it's worth, and good luck!
                  CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                  09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                  09/23 Exam
                  10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                  10/18 Score - 98
                  10/26 eQip Email
                  10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                  10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                  11/04 Med/PFT1
                  11/04 eQip Sent
                  11/10 "" Accptd
                  11/23 VBT/SI
                  11/24 ""(Pass)
                  12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
                  09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                  10/28 Exam (ALT)
                  11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                  11/18 Score (100)
                  11/20 TSL GS-5
                  12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                  02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Has anyone been given an eod after 10/26?
                    Last edited by Pookaztm; 10-22-2015, 09:23 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

I am right there with you about the poly! I have avoided jobs with the poly! I don't have anything to hide I'm just worried I'm going to fail

Wow...Have nothing to hide but you are worried that your going to fail and have been ducking jobs that require one... In the law enforcement world we call that a "clue". So what are you worried about?

Comment

Don't stress over a polygraph. Just go in well rested and on a full stomach. Be honest above all. Don't try and conceal anything. There is no such thing as a "lie detector". Polygraphs work off the "fear" of getting caught in a lie. Most important, DO NOT "research" the polygraph online! There is a lot of really bad information out there.

Comment

• Nothing but being 24 years old my experimental drug use was only 3-5 years ago while in college and high school. I have a job within the law enforcement field. I am nervous that I will be disqualified due to being so young kind of thing

Comment

• I officially don't have access to CASS. Good luck with the process guys.

Comment

Nothing but being 24 years old my experimental drug use was only 3-5 years ago while in college and high school. I have a job within the law enforcement field. I am nervous that I will be disqualified due to being so young kind of thing

Well that has nothing to do with polygraphs at all. As long as you don't try to hide those facts, you will pass a poly. I've been an examiner for years. I've done a few hundred pre employment polygraphs so I know what I'm talking about. You are going to spend a long time in an interview with the examiner. Be honest and upfront with everything you talk about. Polygraphs are nothing to worry about as long as you're honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamesaustin1 View Post
                                Well that has nothing to do with polygraphs at all. As long as you don't try to hide those facts, you will pass a poly. I've been an examiner for years. I've done a few hundred pre employment polygraphs so I know what I'm talking about. You are going to spend a long time in an interview with the examiner. Be honest and upfront with everything you talk about. Polygraphs are nothing to worry about as long as you're honest.
                                My plan was to do all of that. I want this job!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14059 users online. 496 members and 13563 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X