300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
    Thanks again Robeans for the insight on the VBT, Maybe I should have been more precise, so some people here won't get all butt hurt about what I was really asking!
    Butt hurt? Really.
    If you don't like the answer Bud you can always try using the search feature here and Googling to read up on the VBT. You'd most likely be suprised at what you'd find.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
      Question to all,

does you investigating person make a recommendation for or against you when it comes to your BI? Or is it all in the laps of the adjudication officer? Just curious if the BI's opinion hold any water.
      It's my understanding (from talking to my BI), they are only supposed to report facts and details not oppinions. I believe they are only supposed to put a report together based on information they gather then submit it. However, just about anything can be written with a bias if a person feels strongly one way or another. In general though, I don't believe their personal feelings about you come into play.

Comment

• Originally posted by SOREADYNOW View Post
        It's my understanding (from talking to my BI), they are only supposed to report facts and details not oppinions. I believe they are only supposed to put a report together based on information they gather then submit it. However, just about anything can be written with a bias if a person feels strongly one way or another. In general though, I don't believe their personal feelings about you come into play.
        Thanks, even though ive been through the process for the military and also cbp (twice), ive often wondered this. I thought that since the person who does the majority of the leg work and interviews everyone who knows you and that youve worked for, they would have a say in your overall character.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
          Question to all,

does you investigating person make a recommendation for or against you when it comes to your BI? Or is it all in the laps of the adjudication officer? Just curious if the BI's opinion hold any water.
          I think YES!...
          On my NOPA one of the items brought up was an opinion from the investigator. From the entire 4 hour meeting, he latched on to something that took only 30 seconds, and made it seem like it was my "general" attitude towards the whole process. I'm talking about when he brought up my traffic violations and I smiled and chuckled a bit nervously since they were the only things I've ever had on braking any laws... he stated and I quote " during the subject interview you were uncooperative, non-responsive, and had to be reminded of the seriousness of the investigation"... This because I smiled and chuckled when he brought up my traffic citations!...He acted like he was all offended and asked me if I found it funny and that this was serious, to which I replied "NO SIR" and we moved on... He characterized the whole 4 hours of the interview for those few seconds... So yeah, their opinion of you is taken into account.
          The investigator has an opinion, but in the end it is in the hands of the adjudicators to actually give the recommendation to move forward or not.

sdodd
          I understand your situation, I'm on a similar boat...

soreadynow
          How is it you're answering to NOPA's if you just met your investigator?
          Last edited by yoda; 11-04-2008, 05:35 PM.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by SOREADYNOW View Post
            Hey All! I was just wondering if anyone is waiting on San Diego? I just met with my BI 2 weeks ago and I'm getting really anxious... as I'm sure you can all relate too. I've been jumping through hoops and responding to NOPAs I'm really just wondering where the light at the end of this tunnel is. Any clue as to how long the Background should take to clear or if they're making any of "the calls" for So.Cal? Any guesses or insights would be appreciated.
            I'm waiting to VBT and then hopefully EOD for a San Diego port, even though I'm doing it up here in Northern California. At this point I'm interested for anything they give me besides El Centro, but if that's all they offer, then I'm gonna take it on the spot. Either way, I get the feeling that the land borders are where the new hires are mostly going. The airport has a tiny international terminal; I bet an applicant would have a better chance at Brown Field or something.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              soreadynow
              How is it you're answering to NOPA's if you just met your investigator?
              Most likely responses on his/her SF-86 questionnaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                Most likely responses on his/her SF-86 questionnaire.
                *winner* That's exactly it. Thanks for answering for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                  I just had to point out that all 19 Sept. 11 highjackers entered the US through airports and the 20th highjacker was stopped from entering the US at Miami International Airport. The airport officers do more then their share of protecting America.

FB

Thank you for pointing that out!!! I'll add to a bit - I really don't see sneaky Nigerian pregnant women crossing the SW border to have their babies here!!!! That's ALSO protecting America!!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    Butt hurt? Really.
                    If you don't like the answer Bud you can always try using the search feature here and Googling to read up on the VBT. You'd most likely be suprised at what you'd find.
                    I'm not your BUD! And I don't have to go anywhere else but here to find a answer to my question! It's not like I was asking for someone to give me the presice scenarios to the TEST. So drop it and get over it....

Comment

I'm not your BUD! And I don't have to go anywhere else but here to find a answer to my question! It's not like I was asking for someone to give me the presice scenarios to the TEST. So drop it and get over it....
                      I know we've had this discussion before, but it's posts like this that adds to my argument that a new CBPO 'megathread' with lots of pertinent information in the first post would answer a lot of questions. People aren't reading through 200+ pages of thread anymore and apparently can't search, but it would still help a great deal. Popular idea? ....not so much.

*ducks at the incoming fire from everyone else*

Comment

Let me just say this...
                        You just joined the Forum and you're throwing smart remarks at the unofficial "MENTOR" for all of us here. Merlin IS an actual CBPO and he takes the time almost everyday to fill us applicants in on our questions, even when they have been asked and answered 50 times before.
                        Your original question came across as you asking to tell you what to expect on the test, not what to wear or how long it took... You do sign a NDA after taking your VBT, and on simple principle you shouldn't even ask what to expect. It is the same as asking what questions you had on your written, to someone that took it, because you're taking it in a couple of days and want to be prepared.
                        Simple as that.
                        Just my $.02...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                          If your looking to work at an airport to carry a gun and wear a badge and stamp passports all day, then this is the job for you lol. If you really want to fight crime and protect america sign up to work at a Southern Land Border.
                          OH NO YOU DIDNNN'T.

As stated above about the terrorists, well yeah there you go. The SW gets the drugs and glory, but that doesn't mean the rest of us are sitting with our stamps up our butts.

Comment

I'm a foul mood now anyway, so I'm going to jump on this. Who the h#$% do you think you are? How about you show a little respect to other people. Worse, you decide to cop an attitude with someone here who is trying to help you get a job. I don't know how old you are, but you better check your attitude. Merlin doesn't have to be here. He's trying to help you get a job. So, as a wannabe CBPO, you better address him with some respect since he is an actual Officer on the job.

Don't like it here? go over to delphi forums, and see how helpful people are when you get snotty with them.

All you have to do is search, and be polite. We'll all help you. Acting like a punk is not the way to get answers.

I'm done now so let's move on.
                            ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                            Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                            March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                            July 09 Oral Board
                            Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                            Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                              I know we've had this discussion before, but it's posts like this that adds to my argument that a new CBPO 'megathread' with lots of pertinent information in the first post would answer a lot of questions. People aren't reading through 200+ pages of thread anymore and apparently can't search, but it would still help a great deal. Popular idea? ....not so much.

*ducks at the incoming fire from everyone else*
                              I don't think it's a horrid idea, but ultimately I think it'll only mask the overall problem.

Start a new thread and sooner or later it'll get 5-8-10 pages long and nobody will bother reading it entirely either.

What people need to realize is that the search skills needed to find the answers to most applicant questions now are the same skills needed when you're on the job and trying to answer some odd question thrown at you from someone on the phone or in the lobby....or a promotion enhancing question from your PD/SPD/DFO, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by will0861 View Post
                                I'm a foul mood now anyway, so I'm going to jump on this. Who the h#$% do you think you are? How about you show a little respect to other people. Worse, you decide to cop an attitude with someone here who is trying to help you get a job. I don't know how old you are, but you better check your attitude. Merlin doesn't have to be here. He's trying to help you get a job. So, as a wannabe CBPO, you better address him with some respect since he is an actual Officer on the job.

Don't like it here? go over to delphi forums, and see how helpful people are when you get snotty with them.

All you have to do is search, and be polite. We'll all help you. Acting like a punk is not the way to get answers.

I'm done now so let's move on.
                                First of all, I'm definetly not the retard to with the NOBAMA EVER, if you wana express your support for another presidential candidate then you should try it in a non-ignorant way! Second, you idiot! Is someone here gona be the one who is gona hire me? I don't think so! The hiring process is what it is. An I'm old enough to have served 4 1/2yrs active duty and 2yrs reserves and receive my criminal justice degree next year from sac state. So i'm not quite sure what you mean by wanabe CBPO officer. So, any more personal attacks? Or do you wana move on!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10766 users online. 381 members and 10385 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X