300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
    I wish everyone well with the process.I don't know what the future may hold, but I know who holds the future. With that being said I was found unsuitable for employment. I received an email this morning :This concerns your tentative selection for the position of Customs And Border Protection Officer with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

We have been notified by the Office of Internal Affairs that you are not suitable for the position of Customs And Border Protection Officer. CBP has conducted a higher level review and concurs with the determination that you do not meet the suitability requirements for the position of Customs And Border Protection Officer.

Your tentative selection notification stated that your offer was contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements, including a background investigation. In accordance with 5 CFR 332.406 and 5 CFR 731, your tentative offer of employment is therefore being withdrawn.

Thank you for your interest in employment with CBP.
    Wow! Did they give a reason?! I'm shocked for you.
    CBPO 14-2 Applicant
    Application- 7/23/2014
    Written exam - 9/24/2015
    NOR: 10/31/2014
    TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
    SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
    Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
    PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
    VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
    Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
    NOPA- 5/4/2015
    Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
    Met with BI - 5/30/2015
    Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
    BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
    Drug Test - 9/24/2015
    Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
    EOD: 10/26/15
    FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
      The agony of waiting Today mark 3 months since I sat down with my BI I woke up this morning so excited and nervous at the same time. Checked my CASS and the same old tedious and repetitive word that I have now grown accustomed to"PENDING" is what I was once again welcomed to Nonetheless, I am thankful to still be in the process and to have made it this far But my faith tells me my answer is closer than I think just a little more patience. for I have learned "Patience is Virtue"
      Sassa don't get discouraged, my BI messed up my stuff and to do it again... I was on SU for 104 days...you will get yours soon!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
        Is getting cold in North Jersey, I'm going to the track today with sone extra layers.
        Yeah same here. Last week was super windy.
        CBPO 14-2 Applicant
        Application- 7/23/2014
        Written exam - 9/24/2015
        NOR: 10/31/2014
        TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
        SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
        Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
        PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
        VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
        Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
        NOPA- 5/4/2015
        Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
        Met with BI - 5/30/2015
        Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
        BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
        Drug Test - 9/24/2015
        Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
        EOD: 10/26/15
        FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

I wish everyone well with the process.I don't know what the future may hold, but I know who holds the future. With that being said I was found unsuitable for employment. I received an email this morning :This concerns your tentative selection for the position of Customs And Border Protection Officer with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

We have been notified by the Office of Internal Affairs that you are not suitable for the position of Customs And Border Protection Officer. CBP has conducted a higher level review and concurs with the determination that you do not meet the suitability requirements for the position of Customs And Border Protection Officer.

Your tentative selection notification stated that your offer was contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements, including a background investigation. In accordance with 5 CFR 332.406 and 5 CFR 731, your tentative offer of employment is therefore being withdrawn.

Don't give up. During the hiring process, I received an email like that 3 times. PM me f you get a chance....

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
          EOD - 08/2014
          FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
          DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• How long would I have to wait to reapply? I just turn 34 in June.

Comment

Omg wow! Sorry for this bad news but you are right that one does know your future. I wish you the best in anything else you may pursue in the future. Now I'm nervous as to why my background is still in IA office

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                Omg wow! Sorry for this bad news but you are right that one does know your future. I wish you the best in anything else you may pursue in the future. Now I'm nervous as to why my background is still in IA office

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Good luck everyone with the rest of the process. I'm am apparently not suitable for the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyB4CBP View Post
                  Same thing happened to me yesterday. Good luck everyone with the rest of the process. I'm am apparently not suitable for the position.

You also got this email?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                    You also got this email?

Yes, to my surprise. It's not like I had anything hiding from my past... I called and they said I won't even be able to read apply for 3 years when you are found unsuitable. I'd have to file a freedom of information act request to find out exactly what it was that kept me from employment.

Comment

Yes, to my surprise. It's not like I had anything hiding from my past... I called and they said I won't even be able to read apply for 3 years when you are found unsuitable. I'd have to file a freedom of information act request to find out exactly what it was that kept me from employment.

Wow! I Dont either never had any run ins with the law not even a speeding or parking tickets ... But I know this is not all that can keep one from being accepted. Nervous has hit its highest point for me now. Now I'm afraid of opening an emails when and if I EVER get one.

Comment

• Has anyone gone to the polygraph and not end up taking it? I went yesterday to the IA here in Detroit for my scheduled poly and after "updating" th e-Qip, the examiner said my forms had to be sent back to MHC to be determined if the polygraph was going to be completed at a later date. Was told it could take a month for MHC to get back to me. Not really sure what to think of this.
                        Last edited by kjshannonjr; 10-20-2015, 02:14 PM.
                        CBPO 15-2, Detroit.

Applied (4-29-15)
                        Exam (6-13-15)
                        TSL (6-30-15)
                        MEd/PFT1 (7-16-15)
                        NOR (7-22-15)
                        VBT/SI (7-23-15)
                        BI/e-Qip (8-28-15)
                        Med Review (9-1-15)
                        e-Qip resubmitted (9-15-15)
                        Poly (10-19-15) Rescheduled?

Comment

Wow i am so sorry about that you guys... Now, I'm really Nervous and scared.

Comment

• Anyone from the miami area interested in working out together let me know.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Wow so sad to hear that. My poly is this thursday. Which forms were you updating?
                              Originally posted by kjshannonjr View Post
                              Has anyone gone to the polygraph and not end up taking it? I went yesterday to the IA here in Detroit for my scheduled poly and after "updating" th e-Qip, the examiner said my forms had to be sent back to MHC to be determined if the polygraph was going to be completed at a later date. Was told it could take a month for MHC to get back to me. Not really sure what to think of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shan03 View Post
                                Wow so sad to hear that. My poly is this thursday. Which forms were you updating?
                                The examiner didn't specify which forms were being updated. This was after we spent roughly 1.5hrs going over the questions and a practice run of how the exam would take place.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
                                CBPo 15-2, Detroit

4-29-15 Applied
                                6-13-15 Exam
                                6-30-15 TSL
                                7-16-15 Med/PFT1
                                7-22-15 NOR
                                7-23-15 VBT/SI
                                8-28-15 Submitt BI
                                9-9-15 Med review received
                                9-15-15 Med review submitted
                                10-19-15 Polygraph (Rescheduled)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4925 users online. 207 members and 4718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X