300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nate7377 View Post
    Good Luck to all applying to new announcements.
    Is there a CBPO opening that I just missed?

Comment

• Originally posted by C45P312 View Post
      Is there a CBPO opening that I just missed?
      It just opened up on Monday. It's on USAJobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        Start buying into that 'crap' about NDA's again.

I signed one for my SI back in 02. Some of my fellow officers signed one for their VBT's back in 07.

All:

Either way, regardless if you signed a confidentiality agreement or not, it's just a bad idea to discuss the VBT in detail. The test is designed to see how one thinks on their feet and without prompting or foreknowledge. Giving away the 'answers' will just lead to more problematic officers working along side you. You really want that?
        I just took mine an hour ago and signed an NDA. I believe it said not to discuss any of the scenarios with anyone, not the actual process. I think everyone has that figured out by now anyway.
        GEO Pref: MIA
        Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
        TO: 9/08
        Pre-employment Forms: Completed
        Medical: Completed
        Fitness: Completed
        VBT: Completed 12/4
        BI: Completed
        Qualifications: Completed
        TSU: 12/4
        EOD: 2/17
        FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
          It just opened up on Monday. It's on USAJobs.
          series?

Comment

series?
            DUDE!

Simply type CBPO on the search feature of usajobs and it will come up...

Just in case... CBPO's Fall under 1895 series
            Last edited by yoda; 11-04-2008, 11:31 AM.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

series?
              Its only for limited geo locations. Maine, idaho, georgia, some texas, and a few others.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                DUDE!

Simply type CBPO on the search feature of usajobs and it will come up...

Just in case... CBPO's Fall under 1895 series
                Sorry, I got excited. Nonetheless, found it and applied. Test date is Dec 1st. Printing out the prep manual as we speak (all 62 pages @ work lol)

Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                Its only for limited geo locations. Maine, idaho, georgia, some texas, and a few others.
                I'm in VA, so it works out ...

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Start buying into that 'crap' about NDA's again.

I signed one for my SI back in 02. Some of my fellow officers signed one for their VBT's back in 07.

All:

Either way, regardless if you signed a confidentiality agreement or not, it's just a bad idea to discuss the VBT in detail. The test is designed to see how one thinks on their feet and without prompting or foreknowledge. Giving away the 'answers' will just lead to more problematic officers working along side you. You really want that?
                  Thanks again Robeans for the insight on the VBT, Maybe I should have been more precise, so some people here won't get all butt hurt about what I was really asking!

Comment

• Originally posted by ExSDSO View Post
                    If your looking to work at an airport to carry a gun and wear a badge and stamp passports all day, then this is the job for you lol. If you really want to fight crime and protect america sign up to work at a Southern Land Border.

I just had to point out that all 19 Sept. 11 highjackers entered the US through airports and the 20th highjacker was stopped from entering the US at Miami International Airport. The airport officers do more then their share of protecting America.

FB
                    Last edited by Firebug; 11-04-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Thx robeans....

Originally posted by robeans View Post
                      ....., so if Airport work isn't your thing, yeah.
                      lol, (note: Sarcasm...) I'm hoping to find someone robbing a starbucks @ the airport and save the lives of innocent passengers.

(Note: Realizm...) I, like everyone on this board (80%), know the only reason why we go CBP Officer is to get a little law enforcement training under our belt so we can apply for a job at the local Police Departments after a couple years experience with CBP.

I'm looking forward to listening to people speak to me in their foreign language.
                      I'm looking forward to dealing with Intoxicated airport passengers that are better than me.
                      I'm looking forward to teach passengers how to complete I-94s, Custom Declarations and explain why they can't stay in the U.S. for three (3) months because their passport expires in 5 days.....etc., etc.
                      Last edited by bronze01; 11-04-2008, 03:38 PM. Reason: Updated to 80% via Hounds point

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                        lol, (note: Sarcasm...) I'm hoping to find someone robbing a starbucks @ the airport and save the lives of innocent passengers.

(Note: Realizm...) I, like everyone on this board, know the only reason why we go CBP Officer is to get a little law enforcement training under our belt so we can apply for a job at the local Police Departments after a couple years experience with CBP.
                        If you're serious about that then speak for yourself. I've really no zero interest in doing local or any other kind PD job. Not that there's anything wrong with being a cop. But I'm applying to be a CBPO to be a CBPO.

Comment

• Hi Yoda,

Yes I already declined my initial T.O. actually, because I thought that I would be living in upstate New York at the time of my initial application--but four months later I was living in North Jersey instead. Also apparently they almost never hire for Albany International Airport (and indeed they offered me my choice of two ports three hours north of Albany...) so I figured my chances were better if I shot for JFK or Newark instead...However, I'm still waiting for an opening and I've been nervous about this whole process since I started with the test last March. I'm also unemployed and haven't been out of college for very long, which makes things a little overwhelming. I do still want the job more than ever, I'm just concerned that I missed my chance by changing my geo preference too late in the game. But thanks for the feedback, and I will do my best to buck up like a good cowgirl and be patient

Comment

• i'm in a similar situation. laid off from the finance sector a few months ago, unemployed and waiting for them to call me for Newark.

Nov tester
                            waiting EOD since 07/07/08
                            CBP officer
                            Referred to EOD 07/07/08
                            Newark, NJ
                            Nov '07 tester
                            FLETC class 923

Comment

• bi recommendation?

Question to all,

does you investigating person make a recommendation for or against you when it comes to your BI? Or is it all in the laps of the adjudication officer? Just curious if the BI's opinion hold any water.

Comment

• BI Timeline San Diego

Hey All! I was just wondering if anyone is waiting on San Diego? I just met with my BI 2 weeks ago and I'm getting really anxious... as I'm sure you can all relate too. I've been jumping through hoops and responding to NOPAs I'm really just wondering where the light at the end of this tunnel is. Any clue as to how long the Background should take to clear or if they're making any of "the calls" for So.Cal? Any guesses or insights would be appreciated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8884 users online. 491 members and 8393 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X