Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope they do not schedule the poly during 11/9-11/20 I'll be out of town! With just my luck they will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• They call me for the poly appointment then they send me via email the confirmation of the date assigned
      Last edited by Shan03; 10-14-2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shan03 View Post
        They call me for the poly appointment then they send me by email the confirmation of the date assigned
        Nice man what announcement were you. I hope I get something soon.
        NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
        Score: 95+
        List:1XX February 2015
        APD-5: TBT
        Medical: TBT
        Written Psychological: TBT
        Oral Psychological: TBT
        Meet with investigator: TBT
        JST: TBT
        Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• Can't believe 6 failed the 1.5 mile. That's so much time. And it's 15 in academy. Got my final FGS tomorrow, this is the big one. Time to bring it to the house. Keep working out guys, never give up!

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
            The student handbook said the dorm rooms have TVs. What is the TV like? I was thinking about bringing my own 21 inch LCD, internet-ready flatscreen. Also, you said you have to pay for each device for internet. How much is the internet there?
            It depends if you are older dorms where I am or newer the Taj. Mine is a 19in TV I think Taj is a little bigger. They aren't great but depends how much you watch. Yes Internet for every device. So separate payment for laptop, Internet TV, phone, tablet, etc. You can pay hourly, daily, or monthly. I paid monthly. There's different speeds. Just get the fastest. It's not bad in my dorms. 50 a month but if you buy 3 months it's 120 which I did. Worth it for one device.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
              I took the PFT2 this morning.
              220 yards in 30 seconds
              1.5 miles in 11 minutes 17 seconds.
              It was 17 of us and 8 people failed unfortunately
              ; (...
              Guys you've gotta keep training harder and harder everyday.
              This is pathetic. Considering how long some of us have waited, and it isn't like anyone is applying and finished with the process in two months. It isn't some grab a random person off the street to see if they can do it. These people wanted the job, and weren't prepared. Unbelievable.
              All checks: Summer 2014 (No PFT2 or referral to SU yet at the point)
              14-2 posted: See SE, re-apply. Take test. Wait for stuff to roll over.
              Jan: Find out no more SE hiring despite **many vacancies** listed. Had to choose new region.
              Provisional Clearance: June 4th
              Still waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                Can't believe 6 failed the 1.5 mile. That's so much time. And it's 15 in academy. Got my final FGS tomorrow, this is the big one. Time to bring it to the house. Keep working out guys, never give up!

Wait, so what is it for PFT 2? I thought it was 15?
                All checks: Summer 2014 (No PFT2 or referral to SU yet at the point)
                14-2 posted: See SE, re-apply. Take test. Wait for stuff to roll over.
                Jan: Find out no more SE hiring despite **many vacancies** listed. Had to choose new region.
                Provisional Clearance: June 4th
                Still waiting

Comment

Can't believe 6 failed the 1.5 mile. That's so much time. And it's 15 in academy. Got my final FGS tomorrow, this is the big one. Time to bring it to the house. Keep working out guys, never give up!

I can believe it.

OFO tends to draw a eclectic crowd, some of who aren't big on fitness.

Plus, there's way too much "good advice" being posted out there. Suggestions like train for the minimums or statements like claiming the standards are a joke really don't do anyone any good and just encourage select applicants to do far too little in physical preparation and take the physical challenges far less seriously than they should.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    I can believe it.

OFO tends to draw a eclectic crowd, some of who aren't big on fitness.

Plus, there's way too much "good advice" being posted out there. Suggestions like train for the minimums or statements like claiming the standards are a joke really don't do anyone any good and just encourage select applicants to do far too little in physical preparation and take the physical challenges far less seriously than they should.
                    Actually you can look at it two ways. Ofo could have very challenging standards because it's one of few agencies that has same standard for both sexes. I wouldn't say it's a joke or that it's challenging but if you put in the effort you will get results.

Comment

• 15-1 announcement but I reapplied under 16-1.

Comment

Actually you can look at it two ways. Ofo could have very challenging standards because it's one of few agencies that has same standard for both sexes. I wouldn't say it's a joke or that it's challenging but if you put in the effort you will get results.

Virtually all federal agencies have the same standards regardless of gender or age.

What has separated OFO in the past, and to a large extent in the present, is that OFO has modified it's standards to attract women, minorities and the "aged".
                        Granted, the age issue has been made significantly less relevant since 2008 and the onset of 20 year 12D retirement. Still, much of the standards of today are holdovers from the days when the agency actively targeted those men and women above the age of 37.

Look at Border Patrol. Same fitness standards regardless of gender or age. More difficult fitness standards than OFO.

They're 95% male and 95% White/Hispanic. I don't think that's coincidental.

Comment

• My poly day is tomorrow..... prayers need it. I passed 2 polygraph tests before but after reading negative informations here, it makes me nervous. My honestly should work.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSO1311 View Post
                            Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I'm currently a 15-3 waiting on my BI, drug screen and Poly. Glad to know I'm not alone in this confusing maze. Currently my port is Sandy Bay, Maine
                            We are in the same boat.

CBPO 15-3

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                              My poly day is tomorrow..... prayers need it. I passed 2 polygraph tests before but after reading negative informations here, it makes me nervous. My honestly should work.
                              You're in my prayers. Don't be nervous you will do great

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• @Pinarsu
                                Good luck!
                                Ignore all negative stuff you've read about poly.
                                Be yourself. Tell the truth. Get plenty of sleep tonight. And wake up tomorrow with full confidence. Go over there answer all questions with honesty. Come back and tell you just pass the Polygraph.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11025 users online. 354 members and 10671 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X