X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of white shirts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Plaint white t-shirts. I still use the ones I bought in FLETC at work.

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
      EOD - 08/2014
      FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
      DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
        Bring a car, bring a car, bring a car. If I didn't have a car I probably would have jumped off a balcony or something. But that's me I don't like to rely on other people or transport for whatever I need. Bring your own pillows 1-2. Some have a mattress topper but that's personal choice. As other person said most stuff can be bought at local Walmart. The major stores are Walmart, Target, Old Navy, dicks sporting goods. The mall is absolutely the worst mall I've ever been to. There's stuff here but not crazy depending where you are from. It's at a crossroads. It's manageable. Room has iron and board. I brought Xbox but hardly played the last 3 months. Bring your computer. You have to pay per device for Internet. I use that for Netflix. Definitely 2 pairs running sneakers. Shoe Polish! Stock up, they run out down here. A small can of bug spray it's not bad anymore but better be safe. Weather is good now. Definitely orthotics if your feet hurt like mine. A lot of walking and marching everywhere and if you have to wear their boots they hurt after a while. A lot of white t shirts I think I have 10-12. But you probably won't be sweating as much as us during summer. Also some people eat out a lot some never. I eat out only on weekends most of the time. Save money during the week. Use fletc to save up, I can't believe how much I've saved.
        The student handbook said the dorm rooms have TVs. What is the TV like? I was thinking about bringing my own 21 inch LCD, internet-ready flatscreen. Also, you said you have to pay for each device for internet. How much is the internet there?
        "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could answer them.
          What is ELAC? I've seen this around on the forum and am clueless as to what this is.
          Will the "time" stop pertaining to the 37 y.o. age limit if one is a CBP Officer? Does this also mean, I could apply to other fed. agencies after the cutoff age of 37?
          What are the chances of ever getting into a 1811 position at a major agency after being a CBP Officer?

I'm just curious as to the aforementioned questions so I can make an informative decision on what route I ought to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe_smith01 View Post
            Yup me too..
            Same here . .

Comment

• Originally posted by AnglersEdge1 View Post
              I requested Pharr Port as well.. I'm 15-3 all I have left is the poly and the drug test
              Same

CBPO 15-3

Comment

• Originally posted by Abner Rios View Post
                I have everyhing with green marks except pre-employment forma and Qualifications that are still pending... 15-3 San Ysidro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I'm 15-3 as well and only have cheeks for structural interview and fitness. Bummer. Only thing I haven't done is drug and poly.

CBPO 15-3

Comment

• Originally posted by Mbrown1212 View Post
                  Same

CBPO 15-3

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by lilab; 10-14-2015, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1recruit View Post
                    I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could answer them.
                    What is ELAC? I've seen this around on the forum and am clueless as to what this is.
                    Will the "time" stop pertaining to the 37 y.o. age limit if one is a CBP Officer? Does this also mean, I could apply to other fed. agencies after the cutoff age of 37?
                    What are the chances of ever getting into a 1811 position at a major agency after being a CBP Officer?

I'm just curious as to the aforementioned questions so I can make an informative decision on what route I ought to take.
                    ELAC? That's one acronym I've never heard of within CBP.

CBPO's are 12D retirement covered. So, yeah...the clock is stopped regarding other agencies. One may apply. That doesn't obligate any agency to hire though.

As to whether or not a CBPO gets picked up as an 1811 somewhere. ..that depends on a lot of different factors, including how qualified the person is and what KASO's the hiring 1811 agency is looking for. It's possible though.

A lot of 1811 agencies hiring directly off the street. If it's a position you're interested in you might want to apply directly to 1811 positions now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1recruit View Post
                      I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone could answer them.

ELAC = Entry Level Assessment Center. It's used by the Secret Service to complete most of the hiring process for applicants over two days.

If you want to be an 1811 then just apply for any and all openings you find now. The announcements on USAJobs aren't up for more than few days usually so check often.

Comment

• I took the PFT2 this morning.
                        220 yards in 30 seconds
                        1.5 miles in 11 minutes 17 seconds.
                        It was 17 of us and 8 people failed unfortunately
                        ; (...
                        Guys you've gotta keep training harder and harder everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                          I took the PFT2 this morning.
                          220 yards in 30 seconds
                          ; (...
                          Wow 8! So nerve wrecking.... I better stay on the ball ...what about the sit ups and push ups?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                            Wow 8! So nerve wrecking.... I better stay on the ball ...what about the sit ups and push ups?

Where did you take the test? Which part they didn't pass? 1.5 mile run?

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                              I took the PFT2 this morning.
                              220 yards in 30 seconds
                              ; (...
                              Milperil congratulations once again!!![emoji106]
                              Question, In what order you took the test?? What was the first thing to do and how many minutes to rest in between? Maybe I can follow that and continue to prepare myself.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                                Where did you take the test? Which part they didn't pass? 1.5 mile run?
                                I took it in Sunrise, FL.
                                One person failed the Sprint, one failed the sit-up, and six failed the run.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9354 users online. 262 members and 9092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X