Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
    Did you receive a NOPAL?
    Yes, I did. About 4 weeks ago. Just waiting for a response.

Comment

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
      Did you receive a NOPAL?
      Ok, what is the difference between a NOPA or NOPAL? I'm a bit confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
        Ok, what is the difference between a NOPA or NOPAL? I'm a bit confused.
        as stated NOPA/NOPAL
        Notice Of Proposed Action
        Notice Of Proposed Action Letter
        one says Letter

Comment

• I applied to the last announcement and chose Nogales, AZ as my location. Does anyone know anything about this location? Pros...Cons....Good location to eventually move into another position, etc? I wasn't able to find much info

Comment

• Originally posted by 1recruit View Post
            I applied to the last announcement and chose Nogales, AZ as my location. Does anyone know anything about this location? Pros...Cons....Good location to eventually move into another position, etc? I wasn't able to find much info
            I have a similar question, but for Laredo, TX. Instead of running through the list of locations, does anyone know of a thread (or page(s) within this thread) that give details on some of the locations? That, or is there general knowledge on which places provide the best opportunities? (ie. more responsibilities, better networking, promotion potential, etc.) As well as ones that are typically avoided for any reason I can't think of at the moment.

Thanks!
            CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
            09/13/15 App (Laredo)
            09/23 Exam
            10/09 Rfrd GS-7
            10/18 Score - 98
            10/26 eQip Email
            10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
            10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
            11/04 Med/PFT1
            11/04 eQip Sent
            11/10 "" Accptd
            11/23 VBT/SI
            11/24 ""(Pass)
            12/03 Rcvd Med/Fit Email (Pass, Follow-Up)
            09/18/15 App (S. TX)
            10/28 Exam (ALT)
            11/15 ReApp (AZ)
            11/18 Score (100)
            11/20 TSL GS-5
            12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
            02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

• Originally posted by calebggodwin View Post
              I have a similar question, but for Laredo, TX. Instead of running through the list of locations, does anyone know of a thread (or page(s) within this thread) that give details on some of the locations? That, or is there general knowledge on which places provide the best opportunities? (ie. more responsibilities, better networking, promotion potential, etc.) As well as ones that are typically avoided for any reason I can't think of at the moment.

Thanks!
              There are roughly 329 ports with CBP. I doubt anyone has done much for detailing the work experience for all or even most ports.

Generally, the top ports for job opportunities, promotional potential and like matters are the largest ports. Places like Laredo, Nogales, JFK, San Ysidro, Detroit, Buffalo, Miami, LAX, Long Beach, Blaine, Dulles, and a few dozen others.

Move outside the top 40-60 ports and things drop off fairly significantly. As with most anything, there are usually exceptions to the rule. Some midsized and smaller ports somehow manage to hold onto a great deal of self autonomy, influence and equality. Most don't though.

Comment

• Thanks merlin, that definitely helps. I wasn't sure if it was better to go for the bigger ports and potentially get lost in the crowd, or work at a smaller port and try to excel there.
                CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                09/23 Exam
                10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                10/18 Score - 98
                10/26 eQip Email
                10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                11/04 Med/PFT1
                11/04 eQip Sent
                11/10 "" Accptd
                11/23 VBT/SI
                11/24 ""(Pass)
                09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                10/28 Exam (ALT)
                11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                11/18 Score (100)
                11/20 TSL GS-5
                12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

Thanks merlin, that definitely helps. I wasn't sure if it was better to go for the bigger ports and potentially get lost in the crowd, or work at a smaller port and try to excel there.
                  There is no one universal answer.

I'd say that usually, and within a broad range, bigger is more often better.

Ports are somewhat analogous to towns though.

Sometimes it's better to have the experience of
                  doing many of the administrative and enforcement functions of a small port, however seldom, than to work a large port...where most duties are highly specialized and many are often not available to "Joe Average" CBPO.

Comment

• Right, that's what I thought. I've obviously go plenty of time to think about where I'd like to start. I'll figure out what Laredo has to offer and go from there. Not to be overzealous and get (way) ahead of myself, but an applicant can reapply to change locations anytime before they're sent to the Scheduling Unit, correct?
                    CBPO 15-5 BPA 16-1
                    09/13/15 App (Laredo)
                    09/23 Exam
                    10/09 Rfrd GS-7
                    10/18 Score - 98
                    10/26 eQip Email
                    10/27 Med/PFT1 Email
                    10/29 SI/VBT Sched 11/23
                    11/04 Med/PFT1
                    11/04 eQip Sent
                    11/10 "" Accptd
                    11/23 VBT/SI
                    11/24 ""(Pass)
                    09/18/15 App (S. TX)
                    10/28 Exam (ALT)
                    11/15 ReApp (AZ)
                    11/18 Score (100)
                    11/20 TSL GS-5
                    12/16 Sched Med/PFT1
                    02/04/16 OHB/Poly

Comment

Thanks!
                      I'm processing for the same place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• yea score has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING really! UNLESS YOU FAILED OF COURSE

I got a 84 on my and I'm going for JFK, so don't be discouraged
                        CBPO: GS-5
                        Geo/Location: JFK
                        Tested: 3/'13
                        NOR (84)
                        Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                        Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                        Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                        The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                        BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                        EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Anyone from 15-2 get the poly yet? I'm 'patiently' waiting on the BI/Poly/Drug. I got the fingerprint card even though my fingerprints were taken at the interview, had that done almost a month ago. I also had to get another packet for medical since I had wrist surgery after my physical. Filled that out too. They don't update my cass for anything though! haha. I even had to call to make sure they got the fingerprints and med info.

Anyway i'm applying for newark. Currently working for TSA at newark, but I cant wait to move on to something a little more law enforcement related.

Comment

• To anyone that has gotten "the call"...is there a specific day of the week and/or time of day to expect it to come?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamesaustin1 View Post
                              To anyone that has gotten "the call"...is there a specific day of the week and/or time of day to expect it to come?
                              I got mine this past Tuesday at 3:30 in the afternoon. Make of that what you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Lol. I'll start a spread sheet. I have been following this tread for awhile now. Congrats to all of you that have gotten the call. I wish the position I'm going for was updated on CASS. It's even harder not knowing anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6564 users online. 378 members and 6186 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X