300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
    Perhaps he might want to look at Maine or Virgina if he wants to stay on the coast? Just a suggestion.

Don't count on it. I'm almost positive a person signs an NDA after taking it.
    NDA? Are you for reals?

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
      NDA? Are you for reals?
      DID I STUDDA?!?!

I kid I kid. You can call them confidentiality agreements if you'd like I guess, same thing.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        Your NDA didn't cover what you just posted, so luckily you're not in violation.

...but I think you knew this already.

Also MilwaukeeBucks: At your speed you will EOD faster than me, and I got my TO with half of my pre-employment completed.
        No one signs a NDA for VBT's that I have ever heard of. The dude just asked a question and you gave him this NDA stuff instead of just saying "I don't know because I haven't taken it yet" which would have been much better. Not trying to hammer you but just know what your talking about when you answer other applicants questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
          Hey Yoda what's a CA PD VBT? Is that for a different Dept. or Agency?
          California Police Department Video Based Test

It is part of the hiring process for any California PD.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky
            Hi!

I'm glad to have found this thread which provides a wealth of research information! I have just applied for this position today, and I'm looking forward to this opportunity.

I do have a question, though. What are the advantages of choosing an airport over a seaport location? Are there more career opportunities available in one over the other?

Thank you!
            you will most likely see OT work on airports, Sea Ports have a more structured and predictable schedule and probably less OT work.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• regarding the VBT, you guys say you respond to the video but in what way? does the video instruct you specifically on what to touch on? will it ask you a specific question?

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                No one signs a NDA for VBT's that I have ever heard of. The dude just asked a question and you gave him this NDA stuff instead of just saying "I don't know because I haven't taken it yet" which would have been much better. Not trying to hammer you but just know what your talking about when you answer other applicants questions.
                Yoda said one page ago that one does, I have read this on multiple forums, so all signs point to yes. So when I said I was "almost positive," I meant it.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Good Luck to all applying to new announcements.
                  CBP Officer
                  Program Manager/TA
                  DC area (NTC)
                  15 years and still counting baby

Comment

• Thanks for the Better in sight concerning the VBT Robeans. I got my VBT coming up real soon and was just looking for a heads up on what to expect. I was starting to buy that crap about NDA.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                      Thanks for the Better in sight concerning the VBT Robeans. I got my VBT coming up real soon and was just looking for a heads up on what to expect. I was starting to buy that crap about NDA.
                      Start buying into that 'crap' about NDA's again.

I signed one for my SI back in 02. Some of my fellow officers signed one for their VBT's back in 07.

All:

Either way, regardless if you signed a confidentiality agreement or not, it's just a bad idea to discuss the VBT in detail. The test is designed to see how one thinks on their feet and without prompting or foreknowledge. Giving away the 'answers' will just lead to more problematic officers working along side you. You really want that?

Comment

• If your looking to work at an airport to carry a gun and wear a badge and stamp passports all day, then this is the job for you lol. If you really want to fight crime and protect america sign up to work at a Southern Land Border.
                        What if quotas did exist?!

Comment

• What was everyone's feeling when they took the VBT?

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                            What was everyone's feeling when they took the VBT?
                            I felt like a goofball.

Merlin's post is spot on for those who are already at work. For those in the pipeline, telling what is on the VBT could give someone you are competing with for a job an advantage. When at the academy we did discuss the VBT with classmates, and few of us had the same test. So giving specifics would be useless.
                            But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                              I felt like a goofball.

Merlin's post is spot on for those who are already at work. For those in the pipeline, telling what is on the VBT could give someone you are competing with for a job an advantage. When at the academy we did discuss the VBT with classmates, and few of us had the same test. So giving specifics would be useless.
                              That is a great point that hasnt been touched on before. Its up to you if you want to make it easier on someone your competing for th job with, but i wouldnt give out any specifics.

Comment

• Whether there is an NDA or not, it is not very ethical to give detailed information about the VBT to applicants or anyone for that matter. There are numerous posts on this site that give enough info. to anyone willing to do the research. "Integrity" and confidentiality are words that I have heard a lot since I started this job. If we can not do it with the application process how can we do it if/when we get the job where it will really matter.

How many people need to post the same answers? Keep a customer service mindset and give responsible, mature responses to the situations presented during the video. There are no two people who answered the same way and no right or wrong answers. Talking to people in my class I found we all answered differently on certain questions and we all got "the call". Everyone feels uneasy about their responses and uncomfortable in their evaluation of how they think they did. Relax and keep everything you have heard in mind and act professional.
                                Exam- 11/07/07
                                T.O.- 1/15/08
                                Forms- 2/8/08
                                VBT- 2/19/08
                                Quals- 7/31/08
                                Med/Fit- 2/20/08
                                Drug- 4/16/08
                                B.I.- 7/31/08
                                In scheduling 8/4/08
                                EOD- 10/27/2008
                                FLETC- 11/19/08 to 3/11/08

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10627 users online. 377 members and 10250 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X