Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Lethal View Post
    I myself would prefer overnight.

    Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk
    Me too

    Comment


    • Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
      Thanks, hopefully there'll be plenty of OT... For the internal announcements, I meant operational and mission support gigs within CBP offices like intel research specialist, trade specialist, policy analyst, internal affairs, not other agencies.
      Some ports have plenty of overtime available. Many others do not. If I had to guess I'd say the majority of ports see little to middling amounts of overtime as it relates to the majority of their CBPO population.


      There are a limited numbers of internal positions along the lines that you described. Prior CBPO experience probably helps in some hiring situations, less so in others.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
        Night diff is 15%, overnight diff (regular shift that crosses 4am) is 20%


        Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
        Wow and I am getting 3% at my local PD

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Ashan646 View Post
          Wow and I am getting 3% at my local PD
          But probably better pay? 3% of big money vs 20% of small cash. Hmmm? Do your math wisely

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ashan646 View Post
            Wow and I am getting 3% at my local PD
            What do you see for retirement?

            That too should be a consideration.
            Federal 12D retirement isn't all that substantial.

            20 years at 1.7%. 1% each additional year.

            If a person is young enough and retires earlier rather than later in his career, he might spend more years collecting retirement than he does working.

            Comment


            • Guys, if anyone wants to study for the cbp entrance exam, send me a message! Good luck to everyone!

              Comment


              • Soooo I went on CASS and BI says :

                "Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required."

                Im guessing this is a good thing because it has been updated! How long does someone think it will be until I get my poly scheduled after this slight "change" in my CASS??

                I hope soon... Im just happy there has been some kind of update instead of just saying in the office or what ever it was that it said before.
                CBPO: GS-5
                Geo/Location: JFK
                Tested: 3/'13
                NOR (84)
                Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                  Soooo I went on CASS and BI says :

                  "Background investigation forms received pending review for completeness of forms or pending completion of medical, drug test, fitness exam or structured interview if required."

                  Im guessing this is a good thing because it has been updated! How long does someone think it will be until I get my poly scheduled after this slight "change" in my CASS??

                  I hope soon... Im just happy there has been some kind of update instead of just saying in the office or what ever it was that it said before.
                  You completed the med and si already right? Why would it not still be in the security office
                  With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

                  Comment


                  • question guys, how long does the hiring process take around? 12 months? 1 year. 2 year?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
                      I have been referred to scheduling!
                      How long did it take from the time they told you your BI was cleared and when you received the green check on Cass?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jones221 View Post
                        question guys, how long does the hiring process take around? 12 months? 1 year. 2 year?
                        I applied 7-2014 I am still in the process.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                          I applied 7-2014 I am still in the process.
                          Me too. I am 14-2 and still in the process. I am not worried. One day I will be in Fletc..

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                            Me too. I am 14-2 and still in the process. I am not worried. One day I will be in Fletc..
                            Do you think the process is faster depending where you want to be? Like im trying to get JFK and JFK is always busy

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jones221 View Post
                              Do you think the process is faster depending where you want to be? Like im trying to get JFK and JFK is always busy
                              For the past two months it seems like its mostly JKF that is hiring.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                                For the past two months it seems like its mostly JKF that is hiring.
                                so do you think its faster process for jfk applicants

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8842 users online. 483 members and 8359 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X