Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys was wondering if there were any 15-2 plus applicants that were looking for someone to train with them. Im from Staten Island,NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
    Score: 95+
    List:1XX February 2015
    APD-5: TBT
    Medical: TBT
    Written Psychological: TBT
    Oral Psychological: TBT
    Meet with investigator: TBT
    JST: TBT
    Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
      Hello guys, does anyone know what the process is to work at a seaport? I was assigned Newark airport but I was wondering if officers rotate between ports or something along those lines 😉
      Not sure about Newark but I know some ports do rotations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
        Thanks dkman [emoji106] [emoji106]

Comment

• One tip - set yourself to train for the Fgs in Academy not the pft2. It's almost time for me to take final one and some people aren't close to passing and time is winding down. Work on it months in advance so you aren't in a bad situation losing everything you worked for.

Comment

One tip - set yourself to train for the Fgs in Academy not the pft2. It's almost time for me to take final one and some people aren't close to passing and time is winding down. Work on it months in advance so you aren't in a bad situation losing everything you worked for.
            Seriously couldn't agree more im currently running comfortably a sub 12 for the 1.5 so im pretty sure im okay. Just getting pretty boring running and doing pt by myself

NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
            Score: 95+
            List:1XX February 2015
            APD-5: TBT
            Medical: TBT
            Written Psychological: TBT
            Oral Psychological: TBT
            Meet with investigator: TBT
            JST: TBT
            Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
              No one is smiling or joking. Im simply saying no reason to slam and ridicule someone else, who is simiply giving advice to another comrade about their methods and actions...there's a huge difference between advising someone and to onslaught someone. Louisdiver was simply being proactive, which is nothing wrong with that and is a well-known method used within other federal agencies, thus he has used before. Everyone has given great advice on this forum, one being Merlin, but the unprofessional behaviorism and approach when someone is giving an opinion is very inappropriate.

With that said, Im not entertaining anymore personal conversations with people I dont know. Merlin, your contribution to this forum is appreciated. Moving on to the purpose of this forum (Processing).

I’m not sure where your objection to my post comes from.

I had just finished the second of two 16 hour work shifts in the 40 hours previous to posting that day, so my mind was more addled than usual. Being fatigued negatively affects my writing skills…that I freely admit to. Still, I don’t see anything unprofessional in anything I wrote. Further, I had no intent to ridicule anyone.

I was simply trying to point out that I see little potential for success in contacting either MHC or a port and asking for internal hiring information. I can’t see either of MHC/a port handing out that sort of information.

Beyond that, I really doubt that even if someone had reliable pipeline and hiring projection information that it would do them much good, especially beyond an immediate and short-term projection. Those stats are essentially a snapshot what’s going on at the moment the stats were compiled. So much within the process changes so rapidly and extensively that today’s stats often aren’t real relevant to the future. Plus, there’s no way to account for variables such as how many people will decline the position when offered, or how many will request a change to another location preference, or how many “senior” applicants are awaiting just outside the pipeline…with medical or another step expired who will reenter the pipeline again with their seniority when their issue(s) are revalidated, or having a port/Field Office decide to move hiring resources elsewhere during the year, etc.

Like the adage goes...sometimes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. I’d say there’s seriously potential for that to be true here. I wouldn’t want to be the guy who stops exercising and invests considerable time and money into a flight and hotel for his cousin’s wedding in England in June because he erroneously reads some stats and projections that to his mind suggests he is waiting until late next year for a potential hiring who all of a sudden get a phone call in March with a job offer and a May EOD date. I also wouldn’t be the guy who reads into the stats and projections that he’s the number “4” pick for his port and sits for days by his phone expecting a call when in reality dozens of applicants are ahead of him and he’s looking at months before a call comes.

Comment

• whats the academy fitness standards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashan646 View Post
                  whats the academy fitness standards?
                  1.5 mile in 15 minutes, don't know exact distance think 300m in 45 seconds, 24 pushups, and sit and reach of 12.5 in

Comment

• Hey guys, new to the forum, hope everyone is doing well. I recently applied to the 16-1 announcement and was wondering if someone can give me some pointers for the cbp entrance exam! It would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to all the applicants!

Comment

• Originally posted by joe_smith01 View Post
                      Hey guys was wondering if there were any 15-2 plus applicants that were looking for someone to train with them. Im from Staten Island,NY.

Heyyyy me too. 15-1.

Comment

Yes Newark has rotation. (According to a neighbor whose a current CBPO)

Comment

• Hey guys, I applied just now. I am deployed until around December, when I get back home, but the testing is supposedly between October 2, 2015 to November 12, 2015. Is there a way to get the testing pushed back until I get home? If I was able to take leave and fly back to take the written test, is there a way to put a hold on the test after the written test?

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                            Hello guys, does anyone know what the process is to work at a seaport? I was assigned Newark airport but I was wondering if officers rotate between ports or something along those lines 😉

It depends on the port and it's internal makeup..

Rotating shifts are more common than rotating locations, I'd say. Although there are ports who cover multiple locations.
                            Further, depending on how a port's bid is set up, other locations might be a bid option.

How it works specifically in Newark I haven't a clue.

Comment

• There will be no shutdown. Good news for us, but the bill passed is good until Dec 11th. Anyhow, I expect movement this month

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                                There will be no shutdown. Good news for us, but the bill passed is good until Dec 11th. Anyhow, I expect movement this month
                                here it is, so let's see some movement....

To: All Department of the Interior Employees

Subject: Continuing Resolution

Last night Congress passed – and the President signed – a continuing resolution to provide funding for the Department though December 11, 2015.

I am pleased that Congress acted before a lapse in appropriations occurred so we can continue our important work on behalf of the American people.

Prudent management required us to spend time over the past few weeks planning for contingencies when we all would have preferred to be focused on carrying out our critical missions. The uncertainty this created put our workforce in a difficult position and I appreciate your support, patience and professionalism over the past few weeks.

Joining the ranks of public service has been a true honor for me. Whether you are a young person who just joined because you want to make a difference, or an employee who has dedicated a long career to that pursuit, I am constantly reminded of the sacrifices you make every day to serve this Country.

Despite having to perform in a political climate that too often tries to derail your duties, you persevere and continue to serve the American people with great passion and skill.

Thank you for everything you do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7124 users online. 299 members and 6825 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X