300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
    Sprinting is pretty weak for me. It's so bad that one time my ten year old beat me by two seconds. I never told him that. He would have rubbed that ish in my face foreverrrrrrrr.

Hi I was horrible at pushups and I as well do them at work any chance I get even working in a suit I still get down and do as much as I can I've done them every night and morning before leaving for work but I have improved and am now doing 20 at first I tried minimum but I have been working harder to go above the minimum the running not to shabby but I am pushing it close to time I'm at 16:30. As for the 220 I haven't even attempted that one any suggestions for that part?

Comment

• Originally posted by louisdiver View Post
      Just called Baltimore Port. Maybe I spoke to the wrong person (I asked to talk with the person in charge of recruiting). I asked her if she knows anything about the new Fiscal Year bringing more CBPOs applicants on board, and she told me that I should contact MHC because they are the one who deals with that. Only a limited amount of people has access to that kind of information in a Port (hiring projections). That would be the Port Director, and his/her immediate subordinate. Of course, I am not allowed to speak with the Port Director nor that Chain of Command.

Back to square one.

Man! You have a set of cods, bro! Haha. I dont have it in me to call my port. I figured MHC would be the only ones in charge of all the hiring. Hats off to you for calling your port though!

Comment

• We literally just go when I get home from work and run on the track at the nearest high school. We time it and do it about 6 times. We sprint and then walk a lap. I come in at 38-41 seconds so I'm good.

I also have been trying to do some HIITS to help with speed.
        Last edited by Victorious3801; 09-29-2015, 11:26 AM.
        CBPO 14-2 Applicant
        Application- 7/23/2014
        Written exam - 9/24/2015
        NOR: 10/31/2014
        TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
        SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
        Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
        PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
        VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
        Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
        NOPA- 5/4/2015
        Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
        Met with BI - 5/30/2015
        Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
        BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
        Drug Test - 9/24/2015
        Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
        EOD: 10/26/15
        FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• When I say I'm good I mean I am coming in under the 50 seconds they want.

It needs work and I'm aware. Just needed to clarify that. In truth both my kids have beat me. Lol
          CBPO 14-2 Applicant
          Application- 7/23/2014
          Written exam - 9/24/2015
          NOR: 10/31/2014
          TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
          SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
          Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
          PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
          VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
          Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
          NOPA- 5/4/2015
          Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
          Met with BI - 5/30/2015
          Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
          BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
          Drug Test - 9/24/2015
          Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
          EOD: 10/26/15
          FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
            Man! You have a set of cods, bro! Haha. I dont have it in me to call my port. I figured MHC would be the only ones in charge of all the hiring. Hats off to you for calling your port though!
            You should really give a shot and call your port. The lady I spoke with was trying to help me and gave me honest answers. And she wasn't in a hurry to speak with me.

Explain them your situation, that you've been trying to get information from MHC with no success. Maybe you get better luck than me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
              When I say I'm good I mean I am coming in under the 50 seconds they want.

It needs work and I'm aware. Just needed to clarify that. In truth both my kids have beat me. Lol
              OK so pardon my ignorance but how do you measure your distance on the track? Like how far from where to where do you run to do the 220

Comment

• 220 yards is approximately 1/2 a lap on a 1/4 mile track

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                EOD - 08/2014
                FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
                  220 yards is approximately 1/2 a lap on a 1/4 mile track

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                  Great that's about what I was thinking i will begin this week on this part of training since I have no update I still have time to train on this
                  Last edited by lilab; 09-29-2015, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone fill me in on a rough overview of how the background investigation works??
                    Do they inform you of when you are assigned an investigator? Does he call you to meet with him towards the end of the investigation or it could be during any time??
                    CBPO

Applied: 5/02/15
                    External Assessment: 6/02/15
                    TSL: 6/30/15
                    NOR: 07/23/15 (97)
                    Medical/PFT1: 7/21/15
                    VBT/SI: 08/04/15
                    SF-86/E-QUIP: 09/11/15
                    POLY: 11/03/15

Comment

• Originally posted by milkman2089 View Post
                      Can anyone fill me in on a rough overview of how the background investigation works??
                      Do they inform you of when you are assigned an investigator? Does he call you to meet with him towards the end of the investigation or it could be during any time??
                      my BGI contacted me after others were contacted... our meeting was for follow up and clarification of other contacts

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                        Hi I was horrible at pushups and I as well do them at work any chance I get even working in a suit I still get down and do as much as I can I've done them every night and morning before leaving for work but I have improved and am now doing 20 at first I tried minimum but I have been working harder to go above the minimum the running not to shabby but I am pushing it close to time I'm at 16:30. As for the 220 I haven't even attempted that one any suggestions for that part?
                        Start doing sprints during your distance running. At various points during your run, pick out a distance approximately 100 meters in front of you, and then sprint to that spot. Slow down to a jog afterwards to get your breath but don't stop running. If you run 2 miles, try to get 2-3 sprints in during the 2 mile run. This will help improve your run time and your sprints. If you're fortunate enough, like myself, to live at an elevation of 4300 feet, then when you get to Glynco, it will be an automatic 30 seconds or so off of your run just from the change in altitude.
                        "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                          Start doing sprints during your distance running. At various points during your run, pick out a distance approximately 100 meters in front of you, and then sprint to that spot. Slow down to a jog afterwards to get your breath but don't stop running. If you run 2 miles, try to get 2-3 sprints in during the 2 mile run. This will help improve your run time and your sprints. If you're fortunate enough, like myself, to live at an elevation of 4300 feet, then when you get to Glynco, it will be an automatic 30 seconds or so off of your run just from the change in altitude.
                          Thank you! And good luck which I'm sure you Dont need much sounds like you got this already! Good luck at the academy once you get out of this step

Comment

• Polygraph scheduled....October 16th.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
                              Polygraph scheduled....October 16th.
                              Which announcement you are??

Comment

• Originally posted by Shan03 View Post
                                Which announcement you are??
                                I am 14-2. Long process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9746 users online. 463 members and 9283 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X