Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone have the paperwork on hand describing what it takes to qualify for GS-7 pay? I can't find it right now. If anyone knows where to find an electronic copy of it, please let me know.

    Yoda: Do you have to retake the written or is your score still good?

    EDIT: I've found the GS requirements on CBP's website, but I'm looking for the EXACT requirements that are sent in the T.O. packet. I xeroxed them but I can't seem to find them. If someone has them on hand, please PM me, I just need to know what it says word for word in a particular section.
    Last edited by sap123; 11-03-2008, 04:52 PM.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

    "And you are kinda intoxicated."

    Comment


    • Perhaps I am overlooking something on the announcement posting, but if you currently have a TO for one geo preference.... can you re-apply for this announcement under a new geographic location? Essentially have two applications going at one time?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by gms632 View Post
        Perhaps I am overlooking something on the announcement posting, but if you currently have a TO for one geo preference.... can you re-apply for this announcement under a new geographic location? Essentially have two applications going at one time?
        No,
        You have to call MHC, Decline your current TO, and re-apply for the new Geo location. That is what stopped me a few times before, because I just thought it would delay the whole process even more...but after being in the process for over a year....what the heck!


        SAP:
        Everything carries over...all I have to wait for now is a new TO for the new location and for my BI NOPA to clear and I'll be good to go
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yoda View Post
          No,
          SAP:
          Everything carries over...all I have to wait for now is a new TO for the new location and for my BI NOPA to clear and I'll be good to go
          Oh, nice.

          Hypothetically speaking, is it possible to complete all pre-employment and rescind the TO before getting sent off to TSU just so one could change geo prefs? For example, I only have my VBT left, and if I clear that, I'm all done. Could I just attempt to decline the TO before my app get sent off to TSU?

          I'm not going to do this by the way, I'm just curious if it's possible.
          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

          "And you are kinda intoxicated."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
            Oh, nice.

            Hypothetically speaking, is it possible to complete all pre-employment and rescind the TO before getting sent off to TSU just so one could change geo prefs? For example, I only have my VBT left, and if I clear that, I'm all done. Could I just attempt to decline the TO before my app get sent off to TSU?

            I'm not going to do this by the way, I'm just curious if it's possible.
            You can decline you current TO (to apply for a different Geo Location) as long as:

            a) There is a CURRENT open period

            b) You have not gotten your formal Offer (EOD)
            Last edited by yoda; 11-03-2008, 05:39 PM.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

            Comment


            • Originally posted by yoda View Post
              You can decline you current TO as long as:

              a) There is a CURRENT open period

              b) You have not gotten your formal Offer (EOD)
              Oh. So technically I could be in the TSU hotel and still decline? Interesting.

              Well what the hey, might as well look at the locations to see if there's something worth looking into.
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

              "And you are kinda intoxicated."

              Comment


              • Hey Yoda what's a CA PD VBT? Is that for a different Dept. or Agency?

                Comment


                • Here's a great question/scenerio....

                  ok, so, ummm, let's see....

                  I'm a "Washington State - All Other Locations" kinda guy.

                  All Locations is: Longview, Wa/Seattle/Tacoma, WA/Spokane, WA/Port Angeles, WA

                  I get the call saying "Seattle". Does that mean I'm in Seattle or just doing the Pre-Acrapemy stuff there and then off I go to any of the other three locations?????

                  How does that work???? Thanks in Advance. I'm stumped.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                    ok, so, ummm, let's see....

                    I'm a "Washington State - All Other Locations" kinda guy.

                    All Locations is: Longview, Wa/Seattle/Tacoma, WA/Spokane, WA/Port Angeles, WA

                    I get the call saying "Seattle". Does that mean I'm in Seattle or just doing the Pre-Acrapemy stuff there and then off I go to any of the other three locations?????

                    How does that work???? Thanks in Advance. I'm stumped.
                    Wherever you physically do your 3-4 weeks pre-academy at is where you will work after FLETC. Thats why you do pre-academy, to learn about the job, the port, meet people, your PD, get door codes, etc.

                    Comment


                    • Okay, here's my timeline. Let me know if I'm missing anything

                      7-26-2008 -- Tested
                      9-28-2008 -- TO (Washington-NBs)
                      10-8-2008 -- Med/Fit completed
                      11-1-2008 -- Background completed (interim clearance?)
                      11-4-2008 -- VBT completed

                      Drug test all that's left?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Wherever you physically do your 3-4 weeks pre-academy at is where you will work after FLETC. Thats why you do pre-academy, to learn about the job, the port, meet people, your PD, get door codes, etc.
                        Well, that may not be true. I've seen tiny little outport people do their pre-academy days at the service port, or another larger outport.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Peteylaw06 View Post
                          So, in theory if I could change my GS to 5 and 7, I might not have to wait as long.
                          Yes, but who knows what's actually holding things up? It might all have nothing to do your entry level choice(s).


                          "I know I have read about the availability of overtime and such... anybody know if there is a lot of OT open to Eastern Texas locations?"

                          Southern land border PoE's tend to lean towards the maximum in OT available

                          "If I did lower the GS level I would accept I would have to do much more overtime than I would want to..."

                          Depending on the staffing and needs of the port, you may be forced out for OT most of the time anyways, regardless of whether or not you're a GS-07 or a GS-05. You can pretty much expect to be working some "forced" overtime just about anywhere you go.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FreeAgent View Post
                            Hello Everyone, I'm new to the sight and was just wondering for those of you who already took the VBT if I can get a little insight on what to expect. Thanks
                            Well, most people are going to say some crazy crap like "you have to sign a NDA with BLOOOD after you take it" or "the VBT is G-14 classifed secret squerel and we can't talk about it". But I'll man up and break the rules.

                            You will show up at an office. Someone will take you into a room with a TV and a camcorder. They will set it up and leave. You will watch various work situations and will have to verbally respond to those situations on camera. It takes maybe 15 minutes. When you go dress in a suit, don't drool and make common sense statements and you WILL pass.

                            After seeing the sacks of feces that made it to the academy I'm pretty sure the VBT has a 99.9999999 pass rate.

                            Hope this helps.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                              ok, so, ummm, let's see....

                              I'm a "Washington State - All Other Locations" kinda guy.

                              All Locations is: Longview, Wa/Seattle/Tacoma, WA/Spokane, WA/Port Angeles, WA

                              I get the call saying "Seattle". Does that mean I'm in Seattle or just doing the Pre-Acrapemy stuff there and then off I go to any of the other three locations?????

                              How does that work???? Thanks in Advance. I'm stumped.
                              The all locations thing is BS BTW. You will either get the call for Seattle or nothing. None of those other ports have anything under an 11.

                              You will go to the Seattle Training branch and spend 99% of your time 5-10 miles from any port. You will do a dump load of online training/cleaning/delivering stuff and a little shooting.

                              And after FLETC you will go to the Airport for at least a few months to start, so if Airport work isn't your thing, yeah.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by robeans View Post
                                Well, most people are going to say some crazy crap like "you have to sign a NDA with BLOOOD after you take it" or "the VBT is G-14 classifed secret squerel and we can't talk about it". But I'll man up and break the rules.

                                You will show up at an office. Someone will take you into a room with a TV and a camcorder. They will set it up and leave. You will watch various work situations and will have to verbally respond to those situations on camera. It takes maybe 15 minutes. When you go dress in a suit, don't drool and make common sense statements and you WILL pass.

                                After seeing the sacks of feces that made it to the academy I'm pretty sure the VBT has a 99.9999999 pass rate.

                                Hope this helps.
                                Your NDA didn't cover what you just posted, so luckily you're not in violation.




                                ...but I think you knew this already.


                                Also MilwaukeeBucks: At your speed you will EOD faster than me, and I got my TO with half of my pre-employment completed.
                                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

                                "And you are kinda intoxicated."

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6320 users online. 341 members and 5979 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X