300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjdementia View Post
    I was told the same thing, however, I find it amusing they put this in the newsletter on CASS, "Finally, some applicants tell us they think their BI is taking too long. The hiring process typically takes nine to 12 months (assuming no complications), and most of that time is spent in the BI process."

I've read where the median average for new hires from test to EOD was 330 days.

If you figure that MHC probably does not field many calls from people who speed quickly through the process, their average of the applicants of interest could well be 18 months or more.

Averages can be tricky things though. A median average pretty much means that 50% of the total moves slower than average, 50% moves faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
      What it really means: "Stop bugging us about you not hearing anything about your BI. We're just going to tell you it takes forever so you can forget that you even applied and can do other things with your spare time instead of emailing and calling us about it everyday."

There is no need to worry when you don't hear anything for a while, just wait and be patient. Most applicants before us took years to complete the process, so please don't get antsy only after a week of completing a step. They really are working on your application (unless you are PHSeaBee, whose application is processing slower than a VA claim).
      Been waiting almost four years now.

Comment

• So I took the poly and passed last Wednesday. Then they called and told me my duty station was El Paso on the same day as my poly. The day after my poly, my background investigator called to schedule our meet. He also told me my case was an expedited case. Then Friday, comprehensive health services called to schedule my whiz quiz, which I took today. I met my background investigator yesterday for my subject interview. I also received and returned the provisional clearance form to MHC yesterday. Within a two week span, almost everything remaining in my process has been rushed through, so I'm hoping this means that I'm going to get the call here soon. Only thing left for me to do now is to get an EOD and do the PFT2. Let's do this already!

CBPO 15-1 Applicant
        Application- 2/19/2015
        Written exam (Passed) - 4/8/2015
        TSL 15-1 - 4/30/2015
        SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
        VBT/SI (Passed) - 5/29/2015
        Medical Exam (Waiting for clearance due to resubmitted eye exam) - 6/2/2015
        PFT1(Passed) - 6/2/2015
        Assigned Duty Location (Presidio, TX) - 6/24/2015
        Reapplied Under 15-4 to get a new location - 6/29/2015
        TSL 15-4 - 9/4/2015
        Poly (Passed) - 9/16/2015
        Assigned Duty Location (El Paso, TX) - 9/16/2015
        Met with BI - 9/21/2015
        Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 9/21/2015
        Drug Test - 9/22/2015
        Last edited by tevance67; 09-23-2015, 01:18 AM.
        "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
          So I took the poly and passed last Wednesday. Then they called and told me my duty station was El Paso on the same day as my poly. The day after my poly, my background investigator called to schedule our meet. He also told me my case was an expedited case. Then Friday, comprehensive health services called to schedule my whiz quiz, which I took today. I met my background investigator yesterday for my subject interview. I also received and returned the provisional clearance form to MHC yesterday. Within a two week span, almost everything remaining in my process has been rushed through, so I'm hoping this means that I'm going to get the call here soon. Only thing left for me to do now is to get an EOD and do the PFT2. Let's do this already!

CBPO 15-1 Applicant
          Application- 2/19/2015
          TSL 15-1 - 4/30/2015
          SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
          Medical Exam/PFT1 (Passed) - 6/2/2015
          TSL 15-4 - 9/4/2015
          Met with BI - 9/21/2015
          Drug Test - 9/22/2015
          Did you finish your follow-up eye exam for medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
            Did you finish your follow-up eye exam for medical?
            It's been forwarded and received by the medical division. Haven't gotten a thumbs up on it, yet. I just noticed that I have "passed" in my timeline for medical exam. I put that because it was cleared on the Border Patrol side of the house. I guess I need to change that for the CBPO app. I looked at the eye qualifications on the CBP website, and according to the Optometrist's eye exam that I sent in to medical, I meet those qualifications with room to spare, so I don't think it should be a problem. But then again, who knows how long they're going to take to clear it?

CBPO 15-1 Applicant
            Application- 2/19/2015
            TSL 15-1 - 4/30/2015
            SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
            Medical Exam (Waiting for clearance due to resubmitted eye exam) - 6/2/2015
            PFT1(Passed) - 6/2/2015
            TSL 15-4 - 9/4/2015
            Met with BI - 9/21/2015
            Drug Test - 9/22/2015
            Last edited by tevance67; 09-23-2015, 01:18 AM.
            "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Why your case was an expedited one? Im also from 15-1 waiting for BI and poly. Now I reapplied 16-1 to get a new location...

Comment

• Does anyone knows if a spanish class is required for Miami International airport?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shan03 View Post
                  Why your case was an expedited one? Im also from 15-1 waiting for BI and poly. Now I reapplied 16-1 to get a new location...
                  I'm not sure. The impression I got from MHC when I talked to them on the phone is that they are trying to get as many boots on the ground as they can in a short amount of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                    Does anyone knows if a spanish class is required for Miami International airport?
                    If I'm not mistaken, Yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                    EOD - 08/2014
                    FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                    DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

• Took entrance exam July 2015 scored 90... BI needed to be turned in by Sept 13,2015...
                      VBT/SI FINGER PRINTS Sept 16,2015, Medical and Fitness test Sept 17,2015... Still haven't been scheduled for Poly or Peepee test

Comment

• Originally posted by Shan03 View Post
                        Why your case was an expedited one? Im also from 15-1 waiting for BI and poly. Now I reapplied 16-1 to get a new location...
                        I'm a 15-1 applicant too with a previous application and haven't had my finger print cards mailed to me as of yet nor a request to complete my e-Qip.
                        I'm coming out my NE Region. EWR to specify locale. Anyone else in my boat?

Comment

• 15-2 here
                          Already submitted my fingerprints
                          BI Updated on CASS today to "case in security office"

Maybe you should call MHC??
                          CBPO

Applied: 5/02/15
                          External Assessment: 6/02/15
                          TSL: 6/30/15
                          NOR: 07/23/15 (97)
                          Medical/PFT1: 7/21/15
                          VBT/SI: 08/04/15
                          SF-86/E-QUIP: 09/11/15
                          POLY: 11/03/15

Comment

• Well CASS is stating my case is in the security office. But it's literally said that since I was provided with my Applicant ID to check CASS.
                            My qualifications, drug screening and BI are still pending. I've been trying to be patient but a phone call may be in order.

Comment

• Anyone know when qualifications shows up on cass. It says "pending" still.
                              CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                              Application- 7/23/2014
                              Written exam - 9/24/2015
                              NOR: 10/31/2014
                              TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                              SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                              Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                              PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                              VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                              Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                              NOPA- 5/4/2015
                              Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                              Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                              Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                              BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                              Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                              Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                              EOD: 10/26/15
                              FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by taz81 View Post
                                does anyone knows if a spanish class is required for miami international airport?
                                yep!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10450 users online. 464 members and 9986 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X