X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I'm currently waiting on the call from the SU. I saw the new announcement had Miami, and would like to jump on that. However, I'm afraid it will screw up my application and make them re-do all the parts again, and some are going to expire soon and I am being laid off at the end of Oct. Could I possibly get the call, do my PFT2, and if this announcement is still open, apply AFTER I receive an offer and try to get selected for Miami while in pre-academy or the academy?

I've tried to talk to MHC and haven't been able to get through.

Comment

• Originally posted by anythingicanbe View Post
        is there anyone from CBPO 15-3 and/or 15-4.

I just took my fitness 1 exam 09/16
        My E-QIP I submitted before 09/13
        My VBT/SI/FI is 9/28
        I'm 15-3 and I did my VB and SI and finger prints 9-16-15, Fitness and medical 9-17-15. I also was instructed to turn in my BI by 9-13-15

Comment

• Sooooo I called the hiring center this morning and the lady was amazing and answered everything. I called because I reapplied to 16-1 and it shows it is INCOMPLETE. I know I put I speak Japanese by accident and then fixed it so I wasn't sure if that messed up things?! It was my last name confusing things.

Anyways, she explained that since I picked JFK it was super competitive and my score may not be good enough for this announcement. I got nervous thinking I ended my process right here. Don't forget I am 36. Ugh. Also, she said I would not have to retake the written exam.

She explained that my 14-2 would stay live until they decided if I would move forward with 16-1, I scored an 85. She also said I could go to the academy with my Boston location (14-2) and possibly come out going to JFK.

As we were on the phone she said MY BACKGROUND CLEARED.

ItS not on CASS yet but she explained that is not live.
          CBPO 14-2 Applicant
          Application- 7/23/2014
          Written exam - 9/24/2015
          NOR: 10/31/2014
          TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
          SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
          Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
          PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
          VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
          Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
          NOPA- 5/4/2015
          Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
          Met with BI - 5/30/2015
          Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
          BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
          Drug Test - 9/24/2015
          Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
          EOD: 10/26/15
          FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
            Sooooo I called the hiring center this morning and the lady was amazing and answered everything. I called because I reapplied to 16-1 and it shows it is INCOMPLETE. I know I put I speak Japanese by accident and then fixed it so I wasn't sure if that messed up things?! It was my last name confusing things.

Anyways, she explained that since I picked JFK it was super competitive and my score may not be good enough for this announcement. I got nervous thinking I ended my process right here. Don't forget I am 36. Ugh. Also, she said I would not have to retake the written exam.

She explained that my 14-2 would stay live until they decided if I would move forward with 16-1, I scored an 85. She also said I could go to the academy with my Boston location (14-2) and possibly come out going to JFK.

That's awsome. I'm also 14-2 still waiting on my background to clear.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

• So this morning I received an email stating

"Due to internal office organizational changes the HR professional currently working your background investigation paperwork has changed."

And continued to inform me of my 'new' professional.... did anyone else get this email this morning ??

And could it mean I'd be moving along sooner? ?
              Last edited by Ma23; 09-21-2015, 12:25 PM.
              CBPO: GS-5
              Geo/Location: JFK
              Tested: 3/'13
              NOR (84)
              Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
              Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
              Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
              The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
              BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
              EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
                Sooooo I called the hiring center this morning and the lady was amazing and answered everything. I called because I reapplied to 16-1 and it shows it is INCOMPLETE. I know I put I speak Japanese by accident and then fixed it so I wasn't sure if that messed up things?! It was my last name confusing things.

I didn't know your score had anything to do with getting into your desired location. ... I'm also a jfk applicant and I also scored an 85, but thus was last year, but I'm 23.

My question is, you probably won't have the answer but if anyone else does please answer. ...

Because I scored an 85 will I be overlooked until there is an opening for me??
                Last edited by Ma23; 09-21-2015, 12:32 PM.
                NOR (84)

Comment

• That's the first I've heard of your score not allowing you to have a certain port of entry.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                    That's the first I've heard of your score not allowing you to have a certain port of entry.

Yea me too and I've been in this for almost 3 years now.... I hope it doesn't because I want jfk
                    NOR (84)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                      That's the first I've heard of your score not allowing you to have a certain port of entry.

I think it's always been clear that candidates are selected by placement, and scores are used in the placement.. score low and ya get placed below the top scores

what gets me is the need has moved lower scoring candidates frwd while the higher scoring ones get held up in medical and BG....

I happened to score 98 and have 10 Vet pts to add... held up in medical due to VA claim after passing medical....13-1 NW/N applicant
                      Last edited by PHSeaBee; 09-21-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• I scored a 95 and I'm still here waiting lol 14-2 for San Juan

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                          I didn't know your score had anything to do with getting into your desired location. ... I'm also a jfk applicant and I also scored an 85, but thus was last year, but I'm 23.

My question is, you probably won't have the answer but if anyone else does please answer. ...

Because I scored an 85 will I be overlooked until there is an opening for me??
                          I applied to Texas then to JFK and they said it's very competitive so I may not get referred to JFK based on my scores I got an 81. I'm 24 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                            Yea me too and I've been in this for almost 3 years now.... I hope it doesn't because I want jfk

Once you have a TSL letter for a location your score is meaningless at that location.
                            You appear to have been selected for JFK so you're golden as far as JFK goes.

The only way for your score to become relevant again is if you reapplied, for, say Miami. Then you'd cancel your JFK application, reactivate your past score and compete for Miami based on that score.

That more or less appears to be what's going on here with some applicants who are abandoning their current selections to chase the job at other locations.

Comment

• I reapplied to JFK so I assume that's why she mentioned my score and JFK is competitive.
                              CBPO 14-2 Applicant
                              Application- 7/23/2014
                              Written exam - 9/24/2015
                              NOR: 10/31/2014
                              TSL 14-2 1/9/2015
                              SF86/eQip - 1/30/2015
                              Medical Exam (Passed) - 2/3/2015
                              PFT1 (Passed) - 2/5/2015
                              VBT/SI (Passed) - 3/4/2015
                              Poly (Passed) - 4/23/2015
                              NOPA- 5/4/2015
                              Assigned Duty Location Logan (Boston)
                              Met with BI - 5/30/2015
                              Provisional Clearance Form Returned - 7/8/2015
                              BI Cleared - 9/21/2015
                              Drug Test - 9/24/2015
                              Sent to Scheduling Unit -9/24/2015
                              EOD: 10/26/15
                              FLETC: 11/20/15-4/1/16

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                                I think it's always been clear that candidates are selected by placement, and scores are used in the placement.. score low and ya get placed below the top scores

what gets me is the need has moved lower scoring candidates frwd while the higher scoring ones get held up in medical and BG....

I happened to score 98 and have 10 Vet pts to add... held up in medical due to VA claim after passing medical....13-1 NW/N applicant
                                Your test score is meaningless beyond the TSL phase.

I doubt anybody knows or cares what applicant test scores are during the post-TSL/ pre-employment stages like the BG and medical. Those who move forward through the process the quickest finish sooner. Those who get hung up on whatever wait for their issues to be resolved.

It is what it is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9348 users online. 445 members and 8903 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X