300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjdementia View Post
    By any chance have you heard anything about Newark? I'm tempted to do the ole switchero but I don't want to sit for ever, again. I'm holding off bc the rolling of my info took so long last time, but if this will expedite things....
    PM sent

Comment

• Originally posted by louisdiver View Post
      I read somewhere that the average waiting time to schedule EOD is 30-60 days. What you guys think?

Considering the fact that the entire process can take 2-3 years, it is not of a big deal to wait 1-2 months to get "the call". However, if the waiting phase exceed 3 months, then it can get frustrating. You guys have read more than me on this forum, so what is the average waiting time?
      There is no average. SWB applicants won't be on the SU for very long, while others with more desirable ports will have to wait much longer.

Comment

• If there is a sentence I dislike a lot, that is: Govt shutdown.

Comment

• It seems like they're going to start expediting the process, possibly due to the end of the fiscal year. I had my poly on Wednesday and passed. The poly examiner told me that it's likely that I would get a call that night offering me an EOD and academy date. Sure enough, when I got home I got called from the scheduling unit with a job offer. I'm in a concurrent application process with both BPA and CBPO. For some reason, BPA accepted my medical, but CBPO didn't because they didn't get my corrected near vision (I didn't have any reading glasses with me when I went to the physical). So they gave me a job offer for BPA with an academy date of Oct. 22. I declined because I didn't want the locations they gave me (Marfa, Presidio, or Eagle Pass), but they did tell me that they're giving me El Paso for CBPO, which is what I want. They told me as soon as I get that eye exam submitted and it clears medical, they would be offering me a position. Prior to Wednesday, I hadn't even started my BI, but as soon as I passed the poly, they initiated it and my investigator called me last night. He said that it's an expedited case so he has to get it done in the next few days. The process ground to a halt for several months, and then, suddenly, in the space of a few days, I'm looking at a potential offer within the next few weeks. So be ready folks. The process might speed up here over the next few weeks. And just FYI, I'm an initial 15-1 applicant and reapplied under 15-4 to get El Paso.
          "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Same thing happened with us who just got hired with ICE whole process took 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
              Same thing happened with us who just got hired with ICE whole process took 4 months.

Nice! I wish that would happen with me. I just applied for the ICE opening that opened up 3 weeks ago.
              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                Nice! I wish that would happen with me. I just applied for the ICE opening that opened up 3 weeks ago.
                The HSI 1811 one? I just got hired under the Immigration Enforcement Agent one back in February. That 1811 special agent one from a few weeks ago just sent out processing emails the other day. Unfortunately I can't make it to the test dates because they are all weekdays that fall during my first week with ICE.

Comment

The HSI 1811 one? I just got hired under the Immigration Enforcement Agent one back in February. That 1811 special agent one from a few weeks ago just sent out processing emails the other day. Unfortunately I can't make it to the test dates because they are all weekdays that fall during my first week with ICE.

Yes, that one. Which, I guess, is not good news for me since I didn't receive any email about it.

Comment

Yes, that one. Which, I guess, is not good news for me since I didn't receive any email about it.
                    Check spam folders! Mine went to spam. They usually send invites out in waves. I'm sure you will get something.

Comment

It seems like they're going to start expediting the process, possibly due to the end of the fiscal year. I had my poly on Wednesday and passed. The poly examiner told me that it's likely that I would get a call that night offering me an EOD and academy date. Sure enough, when I got home I got called from the scheduling unit with a job offer. I'm in a concurrent application process with both BPA and CBPO. For some reason, BPA accepted my medical, but CBPO didn't because they didn't get my corrected near vision (I didn't have any reading glasses with me when I went to the physical). So they gave me a job offer for BPA with an academy date of Oct. 22. I declined because I didn't want the locations they gave me (Marfa, Presidio, or Eagle Pass), but they did tell me that they're giving me El Paso for CBPO, which is what I want. They told me as soon as I get that eye exam submitted and it clears medical, they would be offering me a position. Prior to Wednesday, I hadn't even started my BI, but as soon as I passed the poly, they initiated it and my investigator called me last night. He said that it's an expedited case so he has to get it done in the next few days. The process ground to a halt for several months, and then, suddenly, in the space of a few days, I'm looking at a potential offer within the next few weeks. So be ready folks. The process might speed up here over the next few weeks. And just FYI, I'm an initial 15-1 applicant and reapplied under 15-4 to get El Paso.
                      Nice to hear that!!! Thanks for sharing it Tevance 67!!! I also received the email to take the polygraph. I was feeling hopeless!!! Now, my hope its back!!!![emoji12]

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                        Nice to hear that!!! Thanks for sharing it Tevance 67!!! I also received the email to take the polygraph. I was feeling hopeless!!! Now, my hope its back!!!![emoji12]
                        The lady in SU told me that if people have already cleared medical, pft1, SI, and the poly, they're going ahead and offering them jobs. Now I'm not sure if this just a particular region or not. I applied for the SWB, so it might just be this region. But maybe not. She didn't say. Just be prepared to get a job offer the day you do your polygraph.

Comment

Check spam folders! Mine went to spam. They usually send invites out in waves. I'm sure you will get something.

Ughh. Didn't see anything. Was that the announcement for the entry level GS-07/09 position that closed on 9/2/15?

Comment

The lady in SU told me that if people have already cleared medical, pft1, SI, and the poly, they're going ahead and offering them jobs. Now I'm not sure if this just a particular region or not. I applied for the SWB, so it might just be this region. But maybe not. She didn't say. Just be prepared to get a job offer the day you do your polygraph.
                            Thanks again!![emoji106]

Comment

Ughh. Didn't see anything. Was that the announcement for the entry level GS-07/09 position that closed on 9/2/15?
                              Yeah entry level, that's the one.

Comment

• One of my buddy asked me do they have a lottery for this test and how does the lottery work

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9991 users online. 463 members and 9528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X