Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like those of us waiting for the call will have better chances in October. I heard that many ports with need of personal are not hiring because they need to wait for the funding.

Comment

• Are thet actually hiring in San Ysidro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ^^ Everytime there's an opening San Ysidro seems to be available. Most of the ports in Arizona, Texas, and California are.
        Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
        Seems like those of us waiting for the call will have better chances in October. I heard that many ports with need of personal are not hiring because they need to wait for the funding.
        It definitely feels that way.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Those ports SW will always get funded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
            unfortunately that would probably be the only island I'm not willing to go to, only because it belongs to the states. other island most expenses are paid for which is something I'm looking for in order to have maximum saving advantages. but thanks lol
            And those islands you speak of are incredibly hard to get and you almost never start there it takes years

Comment

• 15-1 applicants were able to get Hawaii. A kid at my poly had it assigned and we all knew he wasn't going to pass his upcoming pft.

Comment

• I was offered virgin islands, miami and Puerto Rico :/

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                  Seems like those of us waiting for the call will have better chances in October. I heard that many ports with need of personal are not hiring because they need to wait for the funding.
                  Funding is released in Oct or Nov? I thought it was Nov, could be wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
                    Funding is released in Oct or Nov? I thought it was Nov, could be wrong though.
                    Oct 1st

Comment

• Originally posted by sergioArias View Post
                      I was offered virgin islands, miami and Puerto Rico :/

You got the call today?

Comment

You got the call today?
                        No that was like 4 months ago

Comment

• Anyone know how the funding works? Do they wait until they have the funding and then get the ball rolling, or do they have everything lined up and the minute Oct. 1st hits, the pipeline starts flowing again?
                          Last edited by bigcharlie; 09-14-2015, 07:57 PM.
                          All checks: Summer 2014 (No PFT2 or referral to SU yet at the point)
                          14-2 posted: See SE, re-apply. Take test. Wait for stuff to roll over.
                          Jan: Find out no more SE hiring despite **many vacancies** listed. Had to choose new region.
                          Provisional Clearance: June 4th
                          Still waiting

Comment

• I have no idea... I've been waiting for 6 weeks

Comment

Oct 1st
                              10-4. Dang, I hope great things come to us all in October then! That would make sense though, waiting for funding before sending less priority port candidates to FLETC. If thats the case, sounds like Christmas will be celebrated at Brunswick, GA with some classmates/comrades, hahaha.
                              Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 09-14-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigcharlie View Post
                                Anyone know how the funding works? Do they wait until they have the funding and then get the ball rolling, or do they have everything lined up and the minute Oct. 1st hits, the pipeline starts flowing again?
                                Probably will just have to kick back and see what happens, come Oct 1ish. Been referred to SU since mid July.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8768 users online. 440 members and 8328 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X