300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terryberry View Post
    sent everything in last week, CASS states that my BI is in the security office…and NO news today think I am slightly obsessed at this point lol

I know what you mean! I just checked this morning and no update hoping all goes well with my paperwork this time around

Comment

sent everything in last week, CASS states that my BI is in the security office…and NO news today think I am slightly obsessed at this point lol

I know what you mean! I just checked this morning and no update hoping all goes well with my paperwork this time around

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
        I hear ya....no change for me since july 15,2014 404 mornings!!

Comment

• how long does poly take to schedule after submitting eqip? in other agencies its usually the longest step - months to get scheduled, months to get results

Comment

• Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
            how long does poly take to schedule after submitting eqip? in other agencies its usually the longest step - months to get scheduled, months to get results
            I turned I my e-QIP in july 2014 and had poly Jan 2015.... others almost report overnight??

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
              I turned I my e-QIP in july 2014 and had poly Jan 2015.... others almost report overnight??
              well, that's comforting...

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
                how long does poly take to schedule after submitting eqip? in other agencies its usually the longest step - months to get scheduled, months to get results
                I got my poly scheduling notice 10 days after submitting my eQIP. Took it 2 weeks after that. Poly results were instant, he told me I passed and MHC called me 30 mins later knowing I passed.
                Last edited by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis; 09-04-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

What do you expect to hear in a week after submitting an eQIP? It would be a bad thing to hear something cause that would mean its insufficient.

Comment

• Just got my tentative selection letter for my reapplication under the 15-4 announcement. The ball is rolling once again. Woohoo!

CBPO 15-1 Applicant
                    Application- 2/19/2015
                    Written exam (Passed) - 4/8/2015
                    TSL 15-1 - 4/30/2015
                    SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                    VBT/SI (Passed) - 5/29/2015
                    Medical Exam/PFT1 (Passed) - 6/2/2015
                    Assigned Duty Location (Presidio, TX) - 6/24/2015
                    Reapplied Under 15-4 to get a new location - 6/29/2015
                    TSL 15-4 - 9/4/2015
                    "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Can I apply as GS-5 and then be offered a GS-7 salary (of course providing supporting documentation showing I qualify for GS-7)? I am waiting for my University to release some information so I know if I qualify for GS-7 but I also don't want to wait to apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by h8_the_w8 View Post
                        Can I apply as GS-5 and then be offered a GS-7 salary (of course providing supporting documentation showing I qualify for GS-7)? I am waiting for my University to release some information so I know if I qualify for GS-7 but I also don't want to wait to apply.
                        Yes, when I applied for 14-2 I selected GS-5 by accident. I was qualified for for GS-7 with my experience and degree. Luckily they corrected it for me and after I passed the written it said I was qualified for GS-5 and GS-7. Later at some point they said I will enter at a GS-7 and again when I got THE CALL.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Anillo631 View Post
                          Yes, when I applied for 14-2 I selected GS-5 by accident. I was qualified for for GS-7 with my experience and degree. Luckily they corrected it for me and after I passed the written it said I was qualified for GS-5 and GS-7. Later at some point they said I will enter at a GS-7 and again when I got THE CALL.

Nice! I know a guy that had to enter as GS-5 when he did qualify as GS-7. They wouldn't change it because he selected GS-5 as the lowest grade accepted.

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                            Nice! I know a guy that had to enter as GS-5 when he did qualify as GS-7. They wouldn't change it because he selected GS-5 as the lowest grade accepted.
                            Yes that was my concern and almost reapplied but was later informed that I didn't have too.
                            Originally posted by Anillo631 View Post

Comment

• CBP Officer - 15-3 (Reapply to Change Duty station)
                              Applied: 6/21/15
                              NOR: 8/12/15
                              Tentative Selection Letter: 8/24/15
                              SF-86/e-QIP: 9/4/15

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                                My guess is that it's probably one of those things that is highly dependent on the people involved and the particulars of the situation.

As examples. .,

A lot of people apply and at the time of the closing of the annoucement they applied under, they only meet the qualifications for a GS -05. Then, months later during the process they pick up the additional education/experience to qualify as a GS 07.

They likely get denied because they fail to meet the qualifications by the deadline.

Then there are the people who clearly meet the standards for GS - O7 but apply only as GS -05s.
                                Those people might meet a caring and helpful person in the hiring process that would adjust their application to reflect the additional qualifications.

Then there are likely hiring people who would say that an application as a GS -05 is a commitment to work as a GS -05 and they probably won't be persuaded to offer anything else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10102 users online. 445 members and 9657 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X