X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonesrp View Post
    Hey barnaj,
    My time line is below for Michigan.

I have a bad feeling I may get a NOPA for my vision.

Test -Jan 07
    Re-applied - July 2008
    TO - Sept 2008
    Medical- OCT 2008 - Pending
    Fitness - Oct 2008 - Cleared
    VBT - Nov 5th
    BI -have not met with BI
    well try to stay positive, you never know what the Gods have in store for you. How bad is your vision? I never understood this since i have good eyesight, but cant someone just wear glasses? I also re-applied in july and have completed all steps except for my BI. I met with her and they interviewed my references and all that, so now i'll just sit back and wait.

Comment

• I got an interesting letter from Comprehensive Health Services yesterday. It states, "On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician."

Blood Pressure: 136/82

Note: Unless specifically requested by CHS, please do NOT submit any additional medical information regarding any abnormal result listed below.

Is this just a heads up to keep an eye on my blood pressure? Am I within the standards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barbrady View Post
        I got an interesting letter from Comprehensive Health Services yesterday. It states, "On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician."

Note: Unless specifically requested by CHS, please do NOT submit any additional medical information regarding any abnormal result listed below.

Is this just a heads up to keep an eye on my blood pressure? Am I within the standards?
        You should consult your medical physician. I am not a doctor and you shouldn't take this advice with a lot of weight to it.

Depending on if your family has a history of high BP, you workout habits and/or other factors, that's slightly high. Could have been you being a wee bit nervous, could have been hot in the room, could have been a bad read, could have been anything. Still, a tad bit high.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          If you ask me...Stay with CBP until you've put in a year at GS-11. That way you've locked your career 11 and set your base salary to an 11's.

That way instead of ending up as a GL-09/02 five years down the road, you're a GL-09/08-09 and if you decide to jump into an 12 job you'll move in as a 12, instead of a 9 or an 11.

Thanks.... I have decided to do pretty much exactly that... After asking probably about 100 questions to IEA's and even a couple of my instructors at FLETC, they said the same thing. Plus, it doesnt hurt to eat up as much OT as possible and bank some money before moving on. But thanks for the advice.
          Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
          Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
          Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Good luck to you too solid snake and to all taking it soon.

I just went to my optometrist today passed with the 20/100 distance and 20/30 near
            20/20 corrected
            Best $45 dollars i spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by southwest View Post
              Good luck to you too solid snake and to all taking it soon.

I just went to my optometrist today passed with the 20/100 distance and 20/30 near
              20/20 corrected
              Best $45 dollars i spent.

Hey, can you please tell me what the letter says? Do you just have to go see an optometrist and have them fill out the forms and do you have to wait 3 more months? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                Thanks.... I have decided to do pretty much exactly that... After asking probably about 100 questions to IEA's and even a couple of my instructors at FLETC, they said the same thing. Plus, it doesnt hurt to eat up as much OT as possible and bank some money before moving on. But thanks for the advice.
                Da nada.

More than a handful of CBPO's move to the IEA position, mostly for the 12D coverage, and the scheduling(if having weekends off means alot to you).
                Many actually come out making more money with ICE. Of ocurse, that means working 50-60+ hour weeks as an IEA to make what a CBPO makes working 45-50 hours a week at his port. Whatever makes you happy though.

Comment

• Solid snake it just states that an optometrist or ophthalmologist has to complete the form and you mail them back nothing about 90 day wait. But i didn't have prk like you though. I knew i could at least hit 20/100 by concentrating hard i mean there's no time limit on an eye test and I currently don't have $3k or so for the lasik i'm just glad i passed

Comment

• You have to wait 90 days after the surgery.

Comment

• I was told I should be expecting a private message from someone who was refered to me from a friend
                      Better to die than live a coward.

"An unarmed man is a subject, an armed man is a citizen" Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                        You should consult your medical physician. I am not a doctor and you shouldn't take this advice with a lot of weight to it.

Depending on if your family has a history of high BP, you workout habits and/or other factors, that's slightly high. Could have been you being a wee bit nervous, could have been hot in the room, could have been a bad read, could have been anything. Still, a tad bit high.
                        Thanks. Any idea if my BP rating is in regulation? Will I be hearing further from medical?

Comment

Thanks. Any idea if my BP rating is in regulation? Will I be hearing further from medical?
                          I can't find my PEPR packet at the moment, but if memory serves me right the limit is 140/90. You should be fine.
                          "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

I got an interesting letter from Comprehensive Health Services yesterday. It states, "On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician."

I got the same letter. The letter is not from the Medical Unit. It's from your testing facility. They are just doing their duty in letting you know that you should pay attention to you BP. You are within the acceptable range for CBP. It is my understanding that 140/90 and above is dissqualifying.

Comment

• IA's Phone Number....

Originally posted by MSUgirL View Post
                              Does anyone know who handles the interim clearances? Is it IA? Anyone know their phone number...

Thanks
                              If you work for CBP, you know IA's phone number.

Best to send them an email if I were you, working for CBP. That's what I did.

Hint: On the Intranet, hit the IA tab, and read their front page. It says you can email them. Good luck (and yes, you'll see after the email something wonderful happens...you're file is found).

Disclosure: Recommend you get SCO approval first to not jump the change-of-command, that's what I did.
                              Last edited by bronze01; 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Hey Bronze,

who is SCO?

I will email them tomorrow.

Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13002 users online. 381 members and 12621 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X