300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thaiboxing87 View Post
    anyone had trouble registering for e-qip lately? the info they sent me doesn't work and after a bunch of attempts the system locked me out... called them, they're working on it, but the deadline to submit is this Friday
    Did you follow the directions provided? Your location would be unknown.
    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

Last edited by determined11; 08-08-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• if you end up going to the border were Spanish is required.....they put you trough Spanish training......what happens if you dont pass?

lets say you pass CBP academy but fail the second part....the 6 week Spanish language proficiency

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post
          if you end up going to the border were Spanish is required.....they put you trough Spanish training......what happens if you dont pass?

lets say you pass CBP academy but fail the second part....the 6 week Spanish language proficiency
          it's called a Condition of Employment.....

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
            Did you follow the directions provided? Your location would be unknown.
            Yea, nothing is working

Comment

• If anyone gets an offer for Dulles or Baltimore at some point but would much rather JFK, PM me. I know someone at FLETC that would love to swap and is willing to assist with moving expenses. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Another announcement chocked full of top end locations and exciting port choices. Lucky applicants.
                Was that sarcasm? Haha If I had to pick from that list definitely San Ysidro has the most action

Comment

• I have San Juan Puerto Rico but I'm willing to switch for any spots around new York

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• any of my Brothers and Sisters read this? Looks like Congress will be pushing DHS and DOD to hire separating Vets at higher numbers... Hope that don't bump any of us already in the process??

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...nate-bill/1603

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                      any of my Brothers and Sisters read this? Looks like Congress will be pushing DHS and DOD to hire separating Vets at higher numbers... Hope that don't bump any of us already in the process??

Reported to Senate amended (08/05/2015)

Border Jobs for Veterans Act of 2015

(Sec. 3) Directs the Department of Homeland Security (DHS): (1) in conjunction with the Department of Defense (DOD), to identify Military Occupational Specialty Codes, Air Force Specialty Codes, Naval Enlisted Classifications and Officer Designators, and Coast Guard Competencies (qualifications) that are transferable to the requirements and duties assigned to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officers; and (2) to consider hiring qualified candidates with such qualifications who are eligible for veterans recruitment appointment.

(Sec. 4) Directs DHS, in conjunction with DOD, to establish a program to actively recruit members of the Armed Forces who are separating from military service to serve as CBP Officers. Requires such program to:

include CBP Officer opportunities in relevant job assistance efforts under the Transition Assistance Program;
                      place CBP officials or other relevant DHS officials at recruiting events and jobs fairs involving separating members of the Armed Forces;
                      provide opportunities for local CBP field offices to partner with military bases in the region;
                      conduct outreach efforts to educate members of the Armed Forces with qualifications that are transferable to CBP Officer requirements;
                      require DOD and DHS to work cooperatively to identify shared activities and opportunities for reciprocity related to steps in hiring CBP officers with the goal of minimizing the time required to hire qualified applicants;
                      require DOD and DHS to work cooperatively to ensure the streamlined interagency transfer of relevant background investigations and security clearances; and
                      include other elements to ensure that separating members of the Armed Forces are aware of opportunities to fill vacant CBP Officer positions.
                      (Sec. 5) Directs DHS and DOD, within 180 days after enactment of this Act and by December 31 of each of the three successive years, to jointly submit a report to the appropriate congressional committees on the program, including the number of CBP Officer vacancies filled with separating service members.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                        any of my Brothers and Sisters read this? Looks like Congress will be pushing DHS and DOD to hire separating Vets at higher numbers... Hope that don't bump any of us already in the process??

Shouldn't effect anyone in the process. Looks like it's introduced, don't believe it was passed yet.
                        With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by sergioArias View Post
                          I have San Juan Puerto Rico but I'm willing to switch for any spots around new York

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                          I know the place well but can't go there. I will pass your info along though. What's your status (academy/graduated) and gs level.

Comment

• Does anyone know what the agency ID number is? Im filling out the financial disclosure report.. Thanks
                            NYPD EXAM #4329 May 2014
                            Score: 95+
                            List:1XX February 2015
                            APD-5: TBT
                            Medical: TBT
                            Written Psychological: TBT
                            Oral Psychological: TBT
                            Meet with investigator: TBT
                            JST: TBT
                            Mini Med: TBT

Comment

• I think the instructions said to leave blank if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by joe_smith01 View Post
                                Does anyone know what the agency ID number is? Im filling out the financial disclosure report.. Thanks
                                You mean your applicant ID number?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12730 users online. 474 members and 12256 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X