300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jjdementia View Post
    When was that? If that was from the people actually working the port, the info might be more accurate than what MHC says. It could be that "funded" position thing. MHC says they don't have spots, but that could be because of money. Port says they need people because they do.

**This is all conjecture on my part**

Priorities also have a great deal to do with it.
    Ports the agency find as a priority jump up the hiring list. Ports with less need drop further from the top.

Just about every major port runs under - staffed, for multiple reasons. Most will never see 100% staffing, also for multiple reasons. Asking people at the port (especially those people a hiring applicant is likely to meet), probably isn't worth much as far as a predictive.

MHC takes what CBP gives it in terms of hiring needs at any given moment and then they work to fulfill those orders. I doubt they know of or even care about CBP hiring goal beyond the immediate need.

Call MHC, get an answer relevant to the now of the conversation. Don't expect that answer to hold true for any real length of time.

Comment

• I called MHC last week about my location/process and "she" said they are waiting for a slot to open at my location. However, Im thinking, if there wasnt already a slot available, the option would have never been presented or offered. At least, that seems logical to me. Like Merlin said, I think it has a lot to do with priority. Also, my buddy with ICE told me today that its definitely priority based, which means LAX, SouthWest Border and JFK are gonna get the call first due to the demand for officers at those locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
        I called MHC last week about my location/process and "she" said they are waiting for a slot to open at my location. However, Im thinking, if there wasnt already a slot available, the option would have never been presented or offered. At least, that seems logical to me. Like Merlin said, I think it has a lot to do with priority. Also, my buddy with ICE told me today that its definitely priority based, which means LAX, SouthWest Border and JFK are gonna get the call first due to the demand for officers at those locations.
        What number did you call?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
          What number did you call?

952-857-2910

Spoke with a lady, who transferred me over to the Scheduling Unit, which is when I was told the previous.

Comment

• It just doesn't seem logical for them to give us our location offers if there wasn't already a position slot available at that specific location. I just think those JFK, LAX and most especially the Southwest Border applicants are getting first dibs on classes, which is understandable. Once they are squared away, the other locationed applicants will be given dates. Thats just my theory, haha. Could be totally wrong though. Who knows...haha

Comment

• Originally posted by ConanPhipsi176 View Post
              952-857-2910

Spoke with a lady, who transferred me over to the Scheduling Unit, which is when I was told the previous.
              Thanks much.

Comment

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
                Thanks much.

No problem at all. Team work makes the dream work.

Comment

• 15-5 Announcement is now up on USAjobs. Unfortunatley there's no JFK or Miami International Airport for this one.

These are the locations that are available:

Douglas, AZ
                  Lukeville, AZ
                  Nogales, AZ
                  San Luis, AZ
                  Calexico, CA
                  San Ysidro, CA
                  Pembina, ND
                  Portal, ND
                  Laredo, TX
                  Presidio, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                    15-5 Announcement is now up on USAjobs. Unfortunatley there's no JFK or Miami International Airport for this one.

These are the locations that are available:

Douglas, AZ
                    Lukeville, AZ
                    Nogales, AZ
                    San Luis, AZ
                    Calexico, CA
                    San Ysidro, CA
                    Pembina, ND
                    Portal, ND
                    Laredo, TX
                    Presidio, TX

Arizona would be a fast track for sure. Just as demanding as the SouthWest Border itself. Matter of fact, my Buddy has to go there a lot for ICE (stationed on the East Coast) because its the "Wild West" out that way. High Demand for sure. Those two Texas locations are the SouthWest. Laredo is the Wild West too. Better pay though and good experience. The other locations Im not too sure about. San Ysidro rings a bell, but don't know much about it.

..actually, I think Arizona is considered the CBP SouthWest Region.
                    Last edited by ConanPhipsi176; 08-24-2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Another announcement chocked full of top end locations and exciting port choices. Lucky applicants.

Comment

• Nogales would be my choice. Good luck folks. Smooth sailing here at FLETC. Pretty easy and lots of freedom. Especially if you know how to "play the game" and act like an adult when it counts.

Comment

• Are these considered premier locations? I thought JFK, Newark, LAX, Miami, etc. were the major ports.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lethal View Post
                            Are these considered premier locations? I thought JFK, Newark, LAX, Miami, etc. were the major ports.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk
                            San Ysidro is a huge port and likely the most complex port out there. Anyone who can succeed in SYS probably can successfully work at just about any port.

Laredo is also a major port and player.

Calexico and Nogales are a bit smaller than the biggest ports but still highly significant.

The rest are much less significant, although all are above average sized operations.
                            Last edited by merlin436; 08-24-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• CBP Officer - 15-3 (Reapply to Change Duty station)
                              Applied: 6/21/15
                              NOR: 8/12/15
                              Tentative Selection Letter: 8/24/15

Comment

• anyone had trouble registering for e-qip lately? the info they sent me doesn't work and after a bunch of attempts the system locked me out... called them, they're working on it, but the deadline to submit is this Friday

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10311 users online. 375 members and 9936 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X