300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
    What is it like the first couple of weeks? What do you do on the weekends?
    For me first couple of weeks sucked but once you get settled in and have a routine it's not bad. Weekend some go home, some almost every weekend. the rest either beach, movies, clubs, bars, etc. We got a hotel one weekend in Jacksonville that was fun. I love Savannah. Bring a car, bring a car, BRING A CAR. If I didn't and was at the mercy of others to decide when and where I want to go I'd have gone crazy.

Comment

• I was doing some research and found this. For the people thats waiting for a call and didnt receive any maybe this is why.

Q: What happens after I have successfully completed the pre-employment screening
      process? Will I immediately be scheduled for entry on duty (EOD)?

A: Upon clearance, your name will be added to an existing pipeline of cleared CBP Officers
      who are available to fill vacancies as they arise at locations all around the country.
      Whether you are immediately contacted about an available vacancy depends on the
      location you chose, the number of people in the pipeline at that location, and the number
      of vacancies or new positions available at the location. When your name is reached for an
      available vacancy at a location you chose, the Training and PFT2 Scheduling Team of the
      Minneapolis Hiring Center will contact you.
      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Hey guys another quick question!

Im just about done with my E-Qip and I saw on the checklist to include a CBP Form 258, Residency Waiver, and provisional clearance form. Were we supposed to receive these in the mail? If I did not receive them can I just print them out sign them and attach them?

Thanks and congrats to everyone receiving their EOD!!
        CBPO

Applied: 5/02/15
        External Assessment: 6/02/15
        TSL: 6/30/15
        NOR: 07/23/15 (97)
        Medical/PFT1: 7/21/15
        VBT/SI: 08/04/15
        SF-86/E-QUIP: 09/11/15
        POLY: 11/03/15

Comment

• Originally posted by milkman2089 View Post
          Hey guys another quick question!

Im just about done with my E-Qip and I saw on the checklist to include a CBP Form 258, Residency Waiver, and provisional clearance form. Were we supposed to receive these in the mail? If I did not receive them can I just print them out sign them and attach them?

Thanks and congrats to everyone receiving their EOD!!
          http://www.cbp.gov/careers/join-cbp/...y/study-guides
          The forms are on the right side of the screen.
          With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
            I'm waiting for Newark. Was referred to the SU 4 weeks ago, I called yesterday and was told that EWR is simply not needing anybody right now.
            Thanks. Very frustrating. I picked Newark as my 1, JFK as 2. They gave me Newark, so I assumed they had some slots ready to go throughout the remainder of the year. This is really disappointing. Can your checklist go bad while you are at the SU? My medical is already over a year old.

Comment

I'm waiting for Newark. Was referred to the SU 4 weeks ago, I called yesterday and was told that EWR is simply not needing anybody right now.
              Wow really. That's good info to know, that the waiting pool for EWR is growing. It would be nice if they would give you alternative options if you make it to that point and that location is no longer available.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjdementia View Post
                Anyone else waiting on Newark? Same story with me, stuck waiting for BI and Quals to clear.

I am waiting on Newark, but I only have my written, medical, and physical completed. Haven't even filled out my BI yet, although I hope they just accept the one I was just cleared for, because I am a current federal employee with a clearance.

I am hearing the class is october, and I really don't see myself getting into that one. Let's hope they have another in March.

Comment

Wow!!! And I remembered when I went for the VBT/BI they told me they were really in need !!! And that they liked that we wanted to work here in Jersey ( there were about 12 applicants from NJ). They specifically asked me if I preferred Newark because they were short on staff [emoji15]

Comment

• Has anyone been called for San Juan Puerto Rico?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by sergioArias View Post
                      Has anyone been called for San Juan Puerto Rico?

Did they called you?

Comment

• Originally posted by devil_doc View Post
                        Did they called you?
                        Nope I'm still waiting lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AntLefty View Post
                          I am waiting on Newark, but I only have my written, medical, and physical completed. Haven't even filled out my BI yet, although I hope they just accept the one I was just cleared for, because I am a current federal employee with a clearance.

I am hearing the class is october, and I really don't see myself getting into that one. Let's hope they have another in March.
                          Bad news and good news. I don't think they will accept your clearance. I think you will be forced to do the poly etc. Good news is there are a ton of classes being run. There are lots of them, so if you do process quickly there will definitely be a shot before March.

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                            Wow!!! And I remembered when I went for the VBT/BI they told me they were really in need !!! And that they liked that we wanted to work here in Jersey ( there were about 12 applicants from NJ). They specifically asked me if I preferred Newark because they were short on staff [emoji15]
                            When was that? If that was from the people actually working the port, the info might be more accurate than what MHC says. It could be that "funded" position thing. MHC says they don't have spots, but that could be because of money. Port says they need people because they do.

**This is all conjecture on my part**

Comment

• Originally posted by jjdementia View Post
                              When was that? If that was from the people actually working the port, the info might be more accurate than what MHC says. It could be that "funded" position thing. MHC says they don't have spots, but that could be because of money. Port says they need people because they do.

**This is all conjecture on my part**
                              Yeah....it could be that "funded" position!!! The port may be short but funds might not be available just yet. I thought they offered you ports that were ready to hire [emoji30]
                              8But we never know, things can change quickly... I HOPE [emoji120] [emoji120]

Comment

• Where u at now3

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10548 users online. 359 members and 10189 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X