Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
    Thank you for this info.
    I'm trying to get as much info as I can get.
    I hope more people give some inputs.
    If you are not married and/or don't have kids, just do your research and pick the one that you like the best. You went through the process and don't let it burn.

Comment

Thank you for this info.
      I'm trying to get as much info as I can get.
      I hope more people give some inputs.
      I hear ya, but I'm not even a trainee so all my info is just what I've read. I'd recommend a post over there. Heck, just post the three options and see what they say. It also is dependent on where you want to end up. Just passing along what I know, but I don't want you to think I'm the authority, or have any REAL experience with it. It sucks that all this info you have to dig for, but I'm sure you can get some people with actual boots on the ground in those locations over there. Over here, and this is not trying to insult anyone, I feel is a bunch of candidates (just like myself), with some officers sprinkled in. Over there, there seems to be a lot of officers participating in the forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
        If you are not married and/or don't have kids, just do your research and pick the one that you like the best. You went through the process and don't let it burn.
        I hear you but I do have kids. If I didn't have any kids. I wouldn't even think twice about it. lol

Comment

I hear you but I do have kids. If I didn't have any kids. I wouldn't even think twice about it. lol
          I have kids too. We left Miami and moved to NC because of out kids. Schools are very very bad in Miami. It is a hard decision to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjdementia View Post
            I hear ya, but I'm not even a trainee so all my info is just what I've read. I'd recommend a post over there. Heck, just post the three options and see what they say. It also is dependent on where you want to end up. Just passing along what I know, but I don't want you to think I'm the authority, or have any REAL experience with it. It sucks that all this info you have to dig for, but I'm sure you can get some people with actual boots on the ground in those locations over there. Over here, and this is not trying to insult anyone, I feel is a bunch of candidates (just like myself), with some officers sprinkled in. Over there, there seems to be a lot of officers participating in the forums.
            Yep. The thing is I don't have any problem whatsoever with Miami. It's just that it might be a LONG wait. Maybe there's not much wait for Puerto Rico and VI. but I do love Miami.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
              I have kids too. We left Miami and moved to NC because of out kids. Schools are very very bad in Miami. It is a hard decision to make.
              Oh ok. You're right. Schools suck in Miami for real. Because of the kids, I'd rather be in some other state here instead of Puerto Rico or the VI I think. Unfortunately I only have three options: wait forever for Miami or take Puerto Rico or VI

Comment

Oh ok. You're right. Schools suck in Miami for real. Because of the kids, I'd rather be in some other state here instead of Puerto Rico or the VI I think. Unfortunately I only have three options: wait forever for Miami or take Puerto Rico or VI
                Again though, I think PR is a good option to swap if you want to be in FL. Don't hold my coals to the fire about it, but certainly more leverage than Miami it would seem on the surface. Gather info though.

Comment

• O M G !! Yall are confusing the crap out of me !! So I have to fill out a hard copy then send it, then input the same info to the site which I have to wait for a code by email or by regular mail to my home.

I've heard both things. Can someone with actual knowledge inform me please!!

I am OUT OF THE COUNTRY so I can NOT call!!!! Someone please, I literally have 2 weeks to do all of this. This is far too confusing

THANK YOUUUUUU!!
                  CBPO: GS-5
                  Geo/Location: JFK
                  Tested: 3/'13
                  NOR (84)
                  Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                  Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                  Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                  The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                  BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                  EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

If you want Miami, I'd wait for Miami.

Miami hires dozens of new people on a frequent basis, chances are real good that something will open up.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                      If you want Miami, I'd wait for Miami.

Miami hires dozens of new people on a frequent basis, chances are real good that something will open up.
                      I hear you Merlin436. I know somebody who's currently in the Miami airport. I called him last night; he told me the same thing. He said he would not take anything else over miami, but if I do want something else, take virgin islands and forget about puerto rico lol.
                      asked why, he said just forget about puerto rico. He's been in the cbp for 19 years. When they call me next week, I'll see if they can tell me an approximate wait time for Miami.

Comment

• Hey! I am having a bit of trouble with the financial disclosure report. I have no idea how to fill this out. As far as Annual Income, I have been on unemployment since June after getting out of the military. It says not to report anything under $500. New job doesn't start until after this BI paperwork is due. It also asks for annual salary and wages, do i still report my final payments from my last LES? This might be a stupid question but, what codes are they referring to next to 2a,3a,4a, etc? US/Foreign indicator?

Any information or if someone could send me a sample of how this supposed to be filled out would be nice.

Thank you for reading!
                        Geo: San Ysidro
                        GS7-Vet
                        Tested: 06/17/2015
                        NOR: 07/22/2015
                        Tentative Select: 06/30/2015
                        Medical: 07/21/2015
                        PFT1: 07/21/2015-
                        VBT & SI: 08/03/2015-
                        Polygraph:
                        E-Quip Submitted: 08/19/2015
                        BI: in security office 10/16/2015
                        Drug Test:
                        The Call:
                        EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                          O M G !! Yall are confusing the crap out of me !! So I have to fill out a hard copy then send it, then input the same info to the site which I have to wait for a code by email or by regular mail to my home.

I've heard both things. Can someone with actual knowledge inform me please!!

I am OUT OF THE COUNTRY so I can NOT call!!!! Someone please, I literally have 2 weeks to do all of this. This is far too confusing

THANK YOUUUUUU!!
                          I highly recommend you send them an email asap to find out what you REALLY need to do. Rather than lingering around and waiting for actual answers

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Persistent View Post
                            Hey! I am having a bit of trouble with the financial disclosure report. I have no idea how to fill this out. As far as Annual Income, I have been on unemployment since June after getting out of the military. It says not to report anything under $500. New job doesn't start until after this BI paperwork is due. It also asks for annual salary and wages, do i still report my final payments from my last LES? This might be a stupid question but, what codes are they referring to next to 2a,3a,4a, etc? US/Foreign indicator?

Any information or if someone could send me a sample of how this supposed to be filled out would be nice.

Thank you for reading!
                            Read #4 on the instructions page

Comment

• I thought the provisional clearance form would help expedite the process or at least help us to get the call and start the Academy pending the background investigation.

Comment

• Pinarsu, your mailbox is full [emoji6] it doesn't allow me sent you messages.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7887 users online. 215 members and 7672 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X