Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'm out. Had my VBT/SI today with 2 other people. Was told I passed the VBT and then had the interview, then they came back and said I failed the VBT and let me leave. I'm more confused than anything. Why tell me I passed, and then do the interview, if I in fact failed? Why bother with the interview if it wouldn't have made a difference. Oh well, guess maybe I'll try again next year...

Comment

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
      Wow... I'm also a 14-2 applicant but my timeline is totally different from yours. But just be patient who knows you can get the call today or maybe next month...etc. way back someone posted on here that they got the call 5 months after they were sent to the scheduling unit. (SAD FACE) because keep in mind (Once you have completed all the pre-employment processes, have been referred to training and scheduling, they have to reach your name, have a funded vacancy for your duty station and an academy class to assign you THEN and only THEN they will make you your final job offer. meaning you will get the call once all that has been finalized. and unfortunately for us this process doesn't work like clockwork just because they reach your name "if" they have at this point doesn't necessarily mean there's a funded vacancy for your duty station.
      5 months? Wow lol
      Maybe I should start looking for another job while waiting. Like you said it might be today or a few months from today. Who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mechaczech View Post
        Well, I'm out. Had my VBT/SI today with 2 other people. Was told I passed the VBT and then had the interview, then they came back and said I failed the VBT and let me leave. I'm more confused than anything. Why tell me I passed, and then do the interview, if I in fact failed? Why bother with the interview if it wouldn't have made a difference. Oh well, guess maybe I'll try again next year...
        I'm sorry to hear that. I highly recommend you follow up on it. Maybe they meant you failed the interview? My understanding is that you only get an interview if you pass the VBT. Very confusing.
        All checks: Summer 2014 (No PFT2 or referral to SU yet at the point)
        14-2 posted: See SE, re-apply. Take test. Wait for stuff to roll over.
        Jan: Find out no more SE hiring despite **many vacancies** listed. Had to choose new region.
        Provisional Clearance: June 4th
        Still waiting

Comment

• Originally posted by bigcharlie View Post
          I'm sorry to hear that. I highly recommend you follow up on it. Maybe they meant you failed the interview? My understanding is that you only get an interview if you pass the VBT. Very confusing.
          That's what I thought. I even asked the officer for clarification, "I failed the video test? They said I passed..." And her response was just no, you failed the VBT. I'm gonna follow up, I just have to figure out who to actually talk to about this...Maybe I'll wait for the NOR and see what it says.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious3801 View Post
            I'm a 14-2 also and my timeline is about a month behind all your breakdowns.

I met with my BI on 5/30 so maybe on 8/30 I will see a green check mark. Crossing fingers.
            Oh really...
            You probably will.

Comment

• Quick questions guys!

When do we know what duty location we will be assigned to?
              CBPO

Applied: 5/02/15
              External Assessment: 6/02/15
              TSL: 6/30/15
              NOR: 07/23/15 (97)
              Medical/PFT1: 7/21/15
              VBT/SI: 08/04/15
              SF-86/E-QUIP: 09/11/15
              POLY: 11/03/15

Comment

• Originally posted by milkman2089 View Post
                Quick questions guys!

When do we know what duty location we will be assigned to?
                When I received the email about location, it said:
                "At U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), we continually strive to improve efficiencies in the hiring of new applicants. Today we are contacting you because you have a current application with us for an entry level Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) position, and we want to let you know of an important improvement we are making. Our research indicates that by offering applicants a firm duty station earlier in the pre-employment process that, you the applicant, will be more satisfied with the pre-employment process, and you will be more successful in your transition to the CBPO position."

It looks like now they'll give you your final duty location anytime during the pre-employment process.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                  I received the email for my BI due by the 28th it says they will MAIL the e-qip log in so my question is will there be any chance that I will receive the info by email? Any help from those who have experienced this stage thank you
                  Got the same e-mail, I think its a new change they are implementing after the hack. I have gone thru eqip for other agencies, and they have e-mailed me the log in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                    Helpppppppp!! Like I stated before Im currently on vacation out of the country. I received an email this morning 8/13/2015 that I should have my E-Qip filled out and sent in by the 28th of this month!!

I printed it out back in NYC but didn't bring it with me on vacation because I didn't think I would be asked for that so quickly. Now my concern is that 2 weeks isn't enough to have all the required paperwork for it by that day. Ugh idk ! Someone calm me down lol
                    How bad do you want the job? Is it worth you cutting your vacation short?
                    Ask someone in NY to take pictures of the E-qip and just type it in online.
                    With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• When you applied at USAJOBS.gov it gave you the option to choose your duty location.
                      With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• I didnt get an Interview after completing the Video Based Test. I assumed I Failed but while i was there i received the email about the eqip and the polygraph. Does this mean I passed or they just sent out prematurely?

Comment

• Originally posted by RecentGradNYC View Post
                          I didnt get an Interview after completing the Video Based Test. I assumed I Failed but while i was there i received the email about the eqip and the polygraph. Does this mean I passed or they just sent out prematurely?
                          Did you get an email saying you passed the interview?

Comment

• no, just took the VBT today. Was told that the next step is to receive an email from MHC that tells me whats the next steps will be. But then i received the email telling me my eqip is due the 28th.

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                              When you applied at USAJOBS.gov it gave you the option to choose your duty location.
                              Oh really?
                              I thought you could only choose your region when you applied.
                              Things changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                                Oh really?
                                I thought you could only choose your region when you applied.
                                Things changed.
                                Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                                When you applied at USAJOBS.gov it gave you the option to choose your duty location.
                                It depends. Some announcements lets you choose by Region and some announcements let you choose by duty stations/locations. Depends on what announcement. Most time when you choose duty station announcements they are smaller locations/along the border.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9337 users online. 482 members and 8855 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X