300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
    I know right... you got lucky. I chose MIA because I live here too but [emoji34] i guess by the time they got to my score they were no more opening left so i had to choose another location [emoji25] [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Oh really? wow.
    Did they tell you to choose another location?
    Where are you in the process now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
      You already in San Ysidro sassa26? Yeah that's a big difference, Miami to San Ysidro.
      No I'm not there yet. I know i have to adjust...
      Originally posted by milperil View Post
      Oh really? wow.
      Did they tell you to choose another location?
      Where are you in the process now?
      Yea they sent an email back in January of this year and i had to choose between SWB and NWB I chose SWB now my final duty station is SAN YSIDRO CA. I'm just waiting patiently (with no patience) for Background to clear. I have 3 pending left on CASS...BI/Drug screening/Qualifications.

Comment

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
        No I'm not there yet. I know i have to adjust...

Yea they sent an email back in January of this year and i had to choose between SWB and NWB I chose SWB now my final duty station is SAN YSIDRO CA. I'm just waiting patiently (with no patience) for Background to clear. I have 3 pending left on CASS...BI/Drug screening/Qualifications.

Oh ok. I'm waiting patiently with no patience too lol... You're getting there.

Comment

• Ok, I'm looking over the pay scale, different locality pays, ect. With the GS-5 and GS-7 entry level positions do they use any of the steps or is it flat out GS-5 step 1 onto GS-7 step 1 and so on up to GS-12, then the steps are implemented?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
            Ok, I'm looking over the pay scale, different locality pays, ect. With the GS-5 and GS-7 entry level positions do they use any of the steps or is it flat out GS-5 step 1 onto GS-7 step 1 and so on up to GS-12, then the steps are implemented?
            Yes. 07/01, 09/01, etc. Until GS12 and the. steps apply.

There are a few exceptions which will likely not apply to anyone lacking prior federal service. Also some very rare circumstances will cause variation from what you posted.
            Last edited by merlin436; 08-07-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• I reapplied to 15-2 (was a 14-1). I Just got a provisional clearance form request. Since I passed my background under the 14-2, I'm confident that it wont be an issue to accept a position before my old stuff is fully transferred over. I know compared to some people, the process was fairly quick, but it feels like its been forever. I'm excited that this may be close to happening.
              Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
              Tested: 6/2/2014
              NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
              Tentative Select: 8/2/14
              Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
              PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
              VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
              Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
              Sit down with BI: 01/2015
              Background finished: 02/2015
              Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
              Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
              Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
              The Call:
              EOD:

Comment

• How many people here for JFK?
                With honor and integrity, we will safeguard the American people, our homeland, and our values.

Comment

• Has CBPO 15-4 started testing yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by zFinest View Post
                    How many people here for JFK?
                    I'll be going to jfk

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                      Good info. If it's that hard to get why they even put it as option? Smh...We applied because they said they had jobs available. Who wants to apply for a job to just sit and wait forever? Nobody Lol....They Offered me Miami. I guess it's because somehow there are spaces.. I wish I had a port which hires overnight..lol
                      There's a few Miami in my class. It's weird because they had some people go from Florida to NYC and didn't offer Miami yet there are Miami in class. It's so random

Comment

• Originally posted by mpjones03 View Post
                        I reapplied to 15-2 (was a 14-1). I Just got a provisional clearance form request. Since I passed my background under the 14-2, I'm confident that it wont be an issue to accept a position before my old stuff is fully transferred over. I know compared to some people, the process was fairly quick, but it feels like its been forever. I'm excited that this may be close to happening.
                        How long was it before you heard anything under the reapplication? I initially applied 15-1 in Feb., and then went through the written test, VBT/SI, Medical Exam, PFT1 all in rapid succession over the next 3 months. In June, I was given Presidio, TX as a duty location. I then reapplied in June under 15-4 so I could also get El Paso, and then everything stopped. I haven't received any other communication from them, and I haven't received any kind of notification under the new 15-4 announcement. My old applicant ID from 15-1 is still active in CASS and is still showing green checks for PFT and SI. The green check for my medical exam never showed up (even though that medical exam is also being used for my Border Patrol application and it's already showing a green check for BPA). I'm beginning to wonder what happened. Will I be hearing anything anytime soon and will they be giving me a new applicant ID in CASS?
                        "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                          There's a few Miami in my class. It's weird because they had some people go from Florida to NYC and didn't offer Miami yet there are Miami in class. It's so random
                          Oh ok.
                          It is random.

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                            How long was it before you heard anything under the reapplication? I initially applied 15-1 in Feb., and then went through the written test, VBT/SI, Medical Exam, PFT1 all in rapid succession over the next 3 months. In June, I was given Presidio, TX as a duty location. I then reapplied in June under 15-4 so I could also get El Paso, and then everything stopped. I haven't received any other communication from them, and I haven't received any kind of notification under the new 15-4 announcement. My old applicant ID from 15-1 is still active in CASS and is still showing green checks for PFT and SI. The green check for my medical exam never showed up (even though that medical exam is also being used for my Border Patrol application and it's already showing a green check for BPA). I'm beginning to wonder what happened. Will I be hearing anything anytime soon and will they be giving me a new applicant ID in CASS?
                            I started getting stuff about 6 weeks after reapplying. I didn't have to retest but since I was lumped in with that group I got the initial updates alongside the other 15-2 applicants. Testing was beginning of June. I got my new applicant ID early July and my nor like a week later. CASS started transferring over my green checks around mid July.
                            Geo: Reapplied to El Paso under 15-2
                            Tested: 6/2/2014
                            NOR: 7/14/14 (98)
                            Tentative Select: 8/2/14
                            Medical: 8/26/14 green check 12/9/14
                            PFT1: 9/3/14 green check 9/11/14
                            VBT & SI: 9/24/14 green check 9/30/14
                            Polygraph: 12/9/14 passed, waiting on QC
                            Sit down with BI: 01/2015
                            Background finished: 02/2015
                            Background Cleared: CASS Referred for scheduling 3/5/2015
                            Drug Test: Scheduled for 3/5/2015
                            Provisional Clearance: 8/7/2015
                            The Call:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by mpjones03 View Post
                              I started getting stuff about 6 weeks after reapplying. I didn't have to retest but since I was lumped in with that group I got the initial updates alongside the other 15-2 applicants. Testing was beginning of June. I got my new applicant ID early July and my nor like a week later. CASS started transferring over my green checks around mid July.
                              Cool. Then that means I should probably be hearing something here in about another week or so. Thanks!
                              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Anyone reapply after failed poly ? How soon ? Outcome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9974 users online. 470 members and 9504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X