Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post on here, but just wanted to know if anyone is going to be at FLETC for class CBPI-733C (Sept 20).

Comment

• Has anybody been to fletc during major holidays? (christmas, thanksgiving, etc) Do they let you go home typically? How long is the break, a few days, a week, etc? I suppose this info would effect anyone starting fletc around Sept and afterwards. (18 weeks training)

Comment

• Originally posted by sinthetiq View Post
        First post on here, but just wanted to know if anyone is going to be at FLETC for class CBPI-733C (Sept 20).
        I will be there with you on the 20th.

Comment

• Originally posted by zeit_geist View Post
          Has anybody been to fletc during major holidays? (christmas, thanksgiving, etc) Do they let you go home typically? How long is the break, a few days, a week, etc? I suppose this info would effect anyone starting fletc around Sept and afterwards. (18 weeks training)
          The "break" is one day, the holiday.

If the holiday falls on a Thursday, like Thanksgiving, you might also see Friday as a day of no training. You'll still be expected to be "on base" during training hours on those days though. If you're not, expext to burn annual leave.

My advice...unless you can easily drive to and from home and Glynco in less 12 hours or so, don't. No one at the Academy will look fondly on anyone who shows up late for training because of a flat tire, canceled flight, etc.

Comment

• Fletc Going To 6 Days

As of October 1, 2007 FLETC is going to 6 days a week. Apparently FLETC is the most crowded it's ever been and they are trying to get people through. I have two friends down there now, one with Customs and one with BLM. They both said the same thing.

I just got the call today after a year and half of waiting. So im trying to go before october. Hope this info helps.
            Annoy a liberal use facts and logic

Liberalism, when hating America just isn't enough

Liberals, destroying freedom one Bill at a time

Obama the Change we can't afford

Comment

• Originally posted by mn1013 View Post
              I will be there with you on the 20th.
              Awesome. Where did you get assigned? I was offered LAX and Long Beach. I chose Long Beach.

Comment

• Originally posted by sinthetiq View Post
                Awesome. Where did you get assigned? I was offered LAX and Long Beach. I chose Long Beach.
                I have been assigned to Philadelphia. How long were you waiting before you got the call?

Comment

• Originally posted by mn1013 View Post
                  I have been assigned to Philadelphia. How long were you waiting before you got the call?
                  surprisingly, not that long.. i applied late jan/feb .. took the written (90 w/no vet pts) mid feb, got the packet end of april, took the physical/medical early may, vbt mid may, drug test mid june, received gs-7 confirm. right before i met w/the BI mid july.. got the call a couple weeks ago.. EOD aug20, FLETC sept20-jan8. i had received a call a week before the actual offer from the hiring center saying they were ready to refer me to scheduling, but my current employer was lagging in sending them some paperwork.. so i may have missed an early EOD, but im happy where im at right now but the BI is not done, as far as i know.

Comment

• Got a tentative selection letter for NJ today, dated August 6.
                    I was a June 06 tester with an 88. Anyone else with me?
                    Good luck to all!!!

Comment

• If you guys are working 6 days per week, make sure you are getting your OT pay. Do not let management start taking advantage of you before you even have a badge and creds!

Comment

• Welcome to CBP! I am considering putting in for a instructor position at FLETC. So you guys might see me there one day.

Comment

• Tested in February (90) and just received my T.O. today. Some of you are already done....geez.

Comment

• I have enjoyed reading the forum for a few months and was hoping I could post a few questions regarding the CBP position and FLETC. I am a Feb. 07 tester who has completed every aspect of the hiring process successfully. The BI has been submitted to the adjudicator and I am just waiting for scheduling. My duty location is Arizona.

I have read in a Feb. report by OPM that the average adjudication time for BI's with DHS is 59 days. Is this the average that the forum has noticed? My TS/SCI with the military was not adjudicated anywhere close to this time frame.

What is the normal routine for the few weeks you are working at your station awaiting FLETC dates? (ie. Are you given your uniform? Are you working a regular day/2nd shift? Etc...)

What kind of P.T. gear are you issued at FLETC? Do they P.T. everyday and do trainees get time after class to P.T?

How big are the classes and are there several classes training at once? How often are classes started? What time do classes start? (I prefer working out in the morning)

There are some questions to start off with as I am sure I will have many more in the future. Thanks to anybody who has some answers. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Is it a mixed basic police training program at FLETC? Is it just CBP in the classes or are they shared with other organizations?

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed that they are now referring to CBPO as Customs & Border Protection TECHNICIAN?!! I noticed it on a few job posting sites. Is this due to the controversy over it being considered a law enforcement career or not?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7760 users online. 171 members and 7589 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X