300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
    I have the Same status as well except I have my VBT/SI Monday morning.Did you get a result for your VBT/SI on the spot or are you still waiting?
    yeah I got mine the following day. So I had my interview on the 29th and got the email the 30th

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
      It took me about 2weeks for the email saying I could continue with the process but actual email from NOR with score a month. Hope this helps

I will keep a lookout for it, thank you for the reply. Be safe and good luck.

Comment

• Did anybody here started academy with just provisional clearance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
          Mind if I ask why , I mean I know you wouldn't know but have an idea as to why you've moved so quickly in the process??

Also do we wait on them to request our E-QIP or do we go on and fill it out and just send it to them??
          You will get an email asking you to fill out the eQIP and will have about 10 days to do so.

The reason for the expedited timeline is that Southern California has the most applicants for the San Ysidro Port/Southwest Border and CBP is desperately trying to hire for these ports so they have put most of their hiring resources into this area. My background had nothing to do with it. I also know that CBP has received a huge increase in funding for the last two fiscal years to hire more officers and it is finally taking effect.

I met about 4 other people at my polygraph who had similar timelines to me. We were all from So Cal and were assigned San Ysidro, so I'm not the only one.

From here on out, I would expect similar timelines for all applicants for the SWB who live in Southern California. If you want to skip the long line and can't wait, move out here and apply for the SWB, although that would probably make your BI more difficult. You can do that and worry about transfers, swaps and reapplying later but don't count on it
          Last edited by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis; 07-31-2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinarsu View Post
            Did anybody here started academy with just provisional clearance?
            I would guess so.
            I really can't think of a reason to issue a provisional clearance outside of issuing one in the expectation of sending a person to the academy on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
              Are you serious?
              Wow. Thanks for the info.
              I never pick unknown and private calls.
              I will from now on...
              Yes. Be aware of that. I happened to me as well.

Comment

• Hi guys, I have a question, I received an email from the Medical Review Unit requesting some information. The email says:
                "This email contains attachments that require your action. *Please open the password protected attachments using your applicant identification number"
                I checked the email million times and I couldn't find any attachments or link... Right away I emailed them back for them to try once again. Did any of you had this problem before? Maybe was their mistake....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
                  Do they leave a message so we know they called? [emoji33]

Comment

• Originally posted by milperil View Post
                    I have an almost nonsense kind of question lol:
                    Do you guys think CBP would call from an unknown or private number?
                    People who have been called before can give me clue here plz. I highly doubt it, but I ask anyway lol....and the reason why I asked is because I had 3 unknown missed call back to back. First thing that came in my mind was CBP lol ah ah ah.
                    Yes they do... my poly examiner called back to back on a private number and it was after 9:00 p.m. it never dawn on me that they would call private and after working hours. So i got really annoyed after the 3rd time and answer with a crazy attitude. [emoji34] (really embarrassing) but nonetheless i apologized and we went on to talk about my polygraph.
                    Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
                    I don't think any of us would make it to the August 18th Academy class if we received the call. If you get the call, you have to spend a month at your duty station prior to the Academy.
                    Originally posted by kimran611 View Post
                    What's your exam and geo?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                      Hi guys, I have a question, I received an email from the Medical Review Unit requesting some information. The email says:
                      "This email contains attachments that require your action. *Please open the password protected attachments using your applicant identification number"
                      I checked the email million times and I couldn't find any attachments or link... Right away I emailed them back for them to try once again. Did any of you had this problem before? Maybe was their mistake....
                      I wouldn't worry about it but i would def call MHC about it. They sent me that email and attached a pregnancy form to explain how far along i was and the details. Which was crazy to me because never had i put on my app i was pregnant because i wasn't and not with child. But definitely call them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Hulk_is_real View Post
                        I will. I missed three unknown calls, two on Wednesday and one on Thursday. I hope it wasn't them. I'll be so mad. Lol...
                        I think they would leave a message if it was them...anyways, I'm watching out.

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                          My CASS shows the Background Investigation as "Not applicable" and there is nothing in the "pending" or "completed" column for it. It's just blank. I applied for BPA around the same time as CBPO and I've already submitted the E-Qip for BPA. I'm wondering if CBP is going to piggyback off of the BI that is done for my BPA application? Does anyone else's BI show as "Not applicable"?

And, before anyone asks, I don't have a current BI on record. My last BI was done in 2005 and it wasn't renewed at the 5 year mark.
                          I have not seen that, but honestly BI is a mess. The breach screwed up so many timelines. Then throw in the provisional offer and who knows what is going on anymore. I don't have my quals OR BI crossed off, but they sent me for a drug test which is supposed to be the last step (per everything I've read the past few years). Those two have been pending since March.

Unfortunately, I think this is going to be the new normal for a while. I'm not bashing MHC either, just a lot of wrenches thrown into the process now specifically at the BI portion.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjdementia View Post
                            I have not seen that, but honestly BI is a mess. The breach screwed up so many timelines. Then throw in the provisional offer and who knows what is going on anymore. I don't have my quals OR BI crossed off, but they sent me for a drug test which is supposed to be the last step (per everything I've read the past few years). Those two have been pending since March.

Unfortunately, I think this is going to be the new normal for a while. I'm not bashing MHC either, just a lot of wrenches thrown into the process now specifically at the BI portion.
                            Yeah. Everything was flowing pretty smoothly up until the breach, and then it seemed like everything came to a screeching halt. I haven't heard anything since they contacted me to give me my duty station.

I also reapplied under the 15-4 opening on 6/29/15 to get a new duty location. I haven't heard anything since, so I'm not sure if it's due to the breach or due to me re-applying. The 15-4 announcement closed 7/19/15, and I haven't been contacted about it since it closed. My old applicant ID number is still active in CASS so I'm not sure what's going on.

CBPO 15-1 Applicant
                            Application- 2/19/2015
                            Written exam (Passed) - 4/8/2015
                            TSL - 4/30/2015
                            SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                            VBT/SI (Passed) - 5/29/2015
                            Medical Exam/PFT1 (Passed) - 6/2/2015
                            Assigned Duty Location (Presidio, TX) - 6/24/2015
                            Reapplied Under 15-4 to get a new location - 6/29/2015
                            "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Anyone ever have any success in calling CBP on the phone? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                                Yeah. Everything was flowing pretty smoothly up until the breach, and then it seemed like everything came to a screeching halt. I haven't heard anything since they contacted me to give me my duty station.

I also reapplied under the 15-4 opening on 6/29/15 to get a new duty location. I haven't heard anything since, so I'm not sure if it's due to the breach or due to me re-applying. The 15-4 announcement closed 7/19/15, and I haven't been contacted about it since it closed. My old applicant ID number is still active in CASS so I'm not sure what's going on.

CBPO 15-1 Applicant
                                Application- 2/19/2015
                                Written exam (Passed) - 4/8/2015
                                TSL - 4/30/2015
                                SF86/eQip - 5/26/2015
                                VBT/SI (Passed) - 5/29/2015
                                Medical Exam/PFT1 (Passed) - 6/2/2015
                                Assigned Duty Location (Presidio, TX) - 6/24/2015
                                Reapplied Under 15-4 to get a new location - 6/29/2015
                                Very similar timeline as you since I originally applied during the 15-1 announcement. I then reapplied during the 15-3 announcement and still haven't heard anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4947 users online. 202 members and 4745 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X