300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by starhawk07 View Post
    I read somewhere here that the next academy date is august 18th. I just completed my physical & VBT. I'm yet to do drug test, polygraph & EQIP. I probably won't make it to the August 18th class since I still have a lot of things to get done...anyone know how often these academy classes run? when will the next one be after august 18th?
    I don't think any of us would make it to the August 18th Academy class if we received the call. If you get the call, you have to spend a month at your duty station prior to the Academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
      I don't think any of us would make it to the August 18th Academy class if we received the call. If you get the call, you have to spend a month at your duty station prior to the Academy.
      Right...
      I think some of us might make the end of September's class if there's any.

Comment

• I have an almost nonsense kind of question lol:
        Do you guys think CBP would call from an unknown or private number?
        People who have been called before can give me clue here plz. I highly doubt it, but I ask anyway lol....and the reason why I asked is because I had 3 unknown missed call back to back. First thing that came in my mind was CBP lol ah ah ah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
          So how exactly does this work?? When iI get the 'CALL' they tell me the location or do they also add that they have openings else where and would I like to switch ??? I hope they give me another option in the WEST. But if the case is that I have to stay at JFK, how long until I can relocate ??
          Good question, I've been wondering the same thing. How does the relocation process work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
            Dk, Merlin or someone who knows,

How many more classes are there from here to the end of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are roughly ten classes scheduled between now and the end of the fiscal year. ( September 30 )

About half of those classes start in the last two weeks of August, the rest follow sometime in September. That's assuming that the agency has no need to modify starting dates,cancel classes or otherwise change the scheduling for the rest of the fiscal year.

October and beyond would be next year's FY16. scheduling..

Comment

• I just checked CASS and I got a green check for background investigation? I only met with my BI yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                I just checked CASS and I got a green check for background investigation? I only met with my BI yesterday.
                That's fast and good too.

Comment

• Hey Guys, Im a 15-1 for JFK and just received a provisional clear form this morning. Just wondering how long after I send it in I will enter on duty? Thanks!

Comment

• My CASS shows the Background Investigation as "Not applicable" and there is nothing in the "pending" or "completed" column for it. It's just blank. I applied for BPA around the same time as CBPO and I've already submitted the E-Qip for BPA. I'm wondering if CBP is going to piggyback off of the BI that is done for my BPA application? Does anyone else's BI show as "Not applicable"?

And, before anyone asks, I don't have a current BI on record. My last BI was done in 2005 and it wasn't renewed at the 5 year mark.
                    "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                      I think all of you in this same boat need to do the eQIP before you can be scheduled for a polygraph. Also the polygraph isn't necessarily after the VBT/SI and can be done after your BI.
                      I completed one to join the National Guard so hoping that BI goes by quickly. Just awaiting the request to complete it.
                      Exam 8328

'Goonie'

Comment

• Post edited.
                        Last edited by antman311; 04-23-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                          My CASS shows the Background Investigation as "Not applicable" and there is nothing in the "pending" or "completed" column for it. It's just blank. I applied for BPA around the same time as CBPO and I've already submitted the E-Qip for BPA. I'm wondering if CBP is going to piggyback off of the BI that is done for my BPA application? Does anyone else's BI show as "Not applicable"?

And, before anyone asks, I don't have a current BI on record. My last BI was done in 2005 and it wasn't renewed at the 5 year mark.
                          The BIs for both the CBPO and BPA positions are identical. CBP will interchange them for applicants applying to both positions.

Comment

• Nvm, misread a post.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC025 View Post
                              Hey Guys, Im a 15-1 for JFK and just received a provisional clear form this morning. Just wondering how long after I send it in I will enter on duty? Thanks!
                              My advice for you and everyone is stop worrying about when academy dates are or how long this etc. Take everything step by step focus only on what is next and whenever it comes up. Some people are done in months some years no point in stressing it will make things worse. I know this because I applied with dozens of agencies and saw the difference when you don't worry.

Comment

• ^Agreed. I mean it's nice to have an idea, but you'll stress yourself out. The process is the same but the timeline is different for everyone. Just focus on staying fit and dealing with the task at hand. Once you get "the call" then the real fun begins.

Sent from my iPhone - CBPO
                                EOD - 08/2014
                                FLETC - 9/14 - 01/15
                                DUTY LOC - JFK (CENTRAL EAST)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4708 users online. 212 members and 4496 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X