300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
    You should have received an email that gives you the link to print out the E-Qip
    Hey...thanks for the reply. I haven't received anything in the e-mail about E-QIP, except the preparation tool. I'll copy & paste a portion of the email I got when they sent me the applicant ID.

"As stated in your tentative selection letter, a background investigation is required to ensure that you are suitable for employment with CBP. In the near future you will receive a request to complete an online form known as the e-QIP. You must successfully complete the online e-QIP in order for your background investigation to begin. The e-QIP requires you provide very specific information on past addresses, personal references with contact information, and complete work history, among other items. Gathering the required information will require time and research. You can prepare for the future request to complete the online e-QIP by reviewing the e-QIP form here, e-QIP preparation tool. We suggest you print the PDF version and fill in the requested information now so that when you receive the request to complete the online e-QIP, you will have the information available to fill in the online form. By having accurate information ready for completing the online form you can fast track the start of your background investigation process and continue moving forward in the hiring process.
    We are asking you to utilize this tool. Using this tool will help ensure you are ready and prepared to respond accurately when you receive the request from the Minneapolis Hiring Center to begin your online e-QIP process.
    The Minneapolis Hiring Center staff looks forward to working with you throughout this process. "

I haven't received anything about E-QIP other than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by starhawk07 View Post
      Hey...thanks for the reply. I haven't received anything in the e-mail about E-QIP, except the preparation tool. I'll copy & paste a portion of the email I got when they sent me the applicant ID.

"As stated in your tentative selection letter, a background investigation is required to ensure that you are suitable for employment with CBP. In the near future you will receive a request to complete an online form known as the e-QIP. You must successfully complete the online e-QIP in order for your background investigation to begin. The e-QIP requires you provide very specific information on past addresses, personal references with contact information, and complete work history, among other items. Gathering the required information will require time and research. You can prepare for the future request to complete the online e-QIP by reviewing the e-QIP form here, e-QIP preparation tool. We suggest you print the PDF version and fill in the requested information now so that when you receive the request to complete the online e-QIP, you will have the information available to fill in the online form. By having accurate information ready for completing the online form you can fast track the start of your background investigation process and continue moving forward in the hiring process.
      We are asking you to utilize this tool. Using this tool will help ensure you are ready and prepared to respond accurately when you receive the request from the Minneapolis Hiring Center to begin your online e-QIP process.
      The Minneapolis Hiring Center staff looks forward to working with you throughout this process. "

I haven't received anything about E-QIP other than this.
      Be ready to receive it soon....with a week (approximately ) to fill it and send it back [emoji106]

Comment

• I read somewhere here that the next academy date is august 18th. I just completed my physical & VBT. I'm yet to do drug test, polygraph & EQIP. I probably won't make it to the August 18th class since I still have a lot of things to get done...anyone know how often these academy classes run? when will the next one be after august 18th?

Comment

I read somewhere here that the next academy date is august 18th. I just completed my physical & VBT. I'm yet to do drug test, polygraph & EQIP. I probably won't make it to the August 18th class since I still have a lot of things to get done...anyone know how often these academy classes run? when will the next one be after august 18th?
          You won't make that class. September or October would be a better aim. You still have to do pre-academy before it starts and that is 3-4 weeks. My advice is don't worry about classes there will be plenty through the year, just think about getting hired.
          Last edited by dkman; 07-30-2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._A. View Post
            Dkman...can you clear your pm's
            Cleared

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
              So how exactly does this work?? When iI get the 'CALL' they tell me the location or do they also add that they have openings else where and would I like to switch ??? I hope they give me another option in the WEST. But if the case is that I have to stay at JFK, how long until I can relocate ??
              They will only mention openings in the geo you applied. You can get one place or multiple. When I applied I only got region and didn't find out ports until end. I see some of you pick early which is good.

Comment

I read somewhere here that the next academy date is august 18th. I just completed my physical & VBT. I'm yet to do drug test, polygraph & EQIP. I probably won't make it to the August 18th class since I still have a lot of things to get done...anyone know how often these academy classes run? when will the next one be after august 18th?

I'm in the same status you are in at this point Monday I will take my VBT/SI and then wait for the next step. Do you know if the pft-2 will be the last step to be taken . Which will be great if so because I am still training for it and I am still pending the same as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                  You won't make that class. September or October would be a better aim. You still have to do pre-academy before it starts and that is 3-4 weeks. My advice is don't worry about classes there will be plenty through the year, just think about getting hired.
                  What exactly is the pre-academy?

Comment

What exactly is the pre-academy?
                    Training that some general some port specific things before you leave for academy. Everyone has to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                      I'm in the same status you are in at this point Monday I will take my VBT/SI and then wait for the next step. Do you know if the pft-2 will be the last step to be taken . Which will be great if so because I am still training for it and I am still pending the same as you.
                      Just from reading the stuff at CBP website, it looks like we have to wait for E-QIP, Background checks & polygraph test. After all that, we will receive a job offer and a schedule for PFT2. After successful completion of the PFT 2, we'll go for pre-academy, which to my understanding is a 3-4 week on-the-job training. After completing that, we'll have to go down to Georgia for Academy.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• CBP officer

Dk, Merlin or someone who knows,

How many more classes are there from here to the end of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pisan917 View Post
                          Dk, Merlin or someone who knows,

How many more classes are there from here to the end of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I doubt anyone knows how many, they don't really tell anyone. But there will be a few in September and October

Comment

Just from reading the stuff at CBP website, it looks like we have to wait for E-QIP, Background checks & polygraph test. After all that, we will receive a job offer and a schedule for PFT2. After successful completion of the PFT 2, we'll go for pre-academy, which to my understanding is a 3-4 week on-the-job training. After completing that, we'll have to go down to Georgia for Academy.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you! Then I will continue to train as much as I can. Another question since you have experienced the VBT/SI any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilab View Post
                              Thank you! Then I will continue to train as much as I can. Another question since you have experienced the VBT/SI any advice?
                              I failed the VBT my first time around last year, and I passed this time. I don't think I did anything much different this time around. I still have no clue why I failed the first time. Only advice I could give is to relax and get a good night sleep. You will be presented several scenarios and your answers will be recorded. Be clear and loud when you speak and be professional in your answers.

Comment

I failed the VBT my first time around last year, and I passed this time. I don't think I did anything much different this time around. I still have no clue why I failed the first time. Only advice I could give is to relax and get a good night sleep. You will be presented several scenarios and your answers will be recorded. Be clear and loud when you speak and be professional in your answers.
                                Thank you again! Best of luck on the rest of your process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8781 users online. 406 members and 8375 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X