Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I am not sure if anyone can or is allowed to answer this VBT question, but if you are not allowed to then please tell me so.

I read here that there would be 8 questions for the VBT, so what is considered a passing score? Answering 5 or 6 out of the 8 questions correctly? Thanks and good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
      Hey guys, I am not sure if anyone can or is allowed to answer this VBT question, but if you are not allowed to then please tell me so.

I read here that there would be 8 questions for the VBT, so what is considered a passing score? Answering 5 or 6 out of the 8 questions correctly? Thanks and good luck!
      Not a right/wrong style test. Its a judgement based on your overall maturity and decision making skills.

Comment

• Originally posted by Feiu View Post
        New to the forum, posting that is, but I have been reading for a long time. I am in the process and almost there and I have a few questions.

1. What is the actual pay for gs-7 at fletc?
        2. What is the job really like?
        3. What are the transfer and special team opportunities like?

This forum is a great place to find out new information and interact with others in the field, with a few postings excluded, it is very professional and very infromative for any prospective CBP employee. I have been through Fletc before, how demanding is both the physical and academic side of the course? Any information on actual pay, overtime, and the job itself would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
        Read Shaw's response and read through this thread. Most of your answers should be buried there somewhere.

As for answers:

1. Depends on location
        2. See above.
        3. See above.

I could throw general answers at you that may or mayn't apply in your case, but for specifics you'll need to cough up a location.

Comment

• Just found out that the investigator contacted my references. Wow, that is pretty fast considering I turned in my TO applications less than a month ago!

Is this too good to be true? Took the test in aug, TO sept, medical/fitness, vbt and BI all in Oct?

Comment

Just found out that the investigator contacted my references. Wow, that is pretty fast considering I turned in my TO applications less than a month ago!

Is this too good to be true? Took the test in aug, TO sept, medical/fitness, vbt and BI all in Oct?
            My timeline is pretty similar. All I'll have after next week is the drug test. What's your location?

Comment

Just found out that the investigator contacted my references. Wow, that is pretty fast considering I turned in my TO applications less than a month ago!

I had the same luck, the tests were back to back to back, but here I sit waiting for the BI to clear 2 months after meeting with him. Dont get too excited too fast

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                My timeline is pretty similar. All I'll have after next week is the drug test. What's your location?

San Francisco

Comment

• Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                  I had the same luck, the tests were back to back to back, but here I sit waiting for the BI to clear 2 months after meeting with him. Dont get too excited too fast
                  Pretty much this. My background (completely clean minus 2 parking tickets) took awhile to clear, and then on top of that my medical took 7 weeks to clear. The good part about all this is that once you get everything done on your side, all you can really do is wait.
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Thanks guy for the information.
                    My BI just called me for an addition personal reference that's is not on the form that was submitted. I'm crossing my finger.
                    CBPO-LB/LA,CA
                    Written: 08/08
                    TO: 09/24/08
                    FLETC CLASS 923

Comment

• Originally posted by GeM168 View Post
                      Thanks guy for the information.
                      My BI just called me for an addition personal reference that's is not on the form that was submitted. I'm crossing my finger.

What if you don't have additional references? Don't they want people that you know for more than 7 years? I already put down all the people that knows me for 7+ years.

Comment

What if you don't have additional references? Don't they want people that you know for more than 7 years? I already put down all the people that knows me for 7+ years.
                        Depends on how in depth that list is. They will just ask other people for more references, not necessarily you. They know you'll give people who will say great things about you, but it's those references someone might give that gives them greater insight to the kind of person you are. I wouldn't worry or stress about it too much.

Comment

• My location is Florida all other except Miami or Key West.

Comment

Your BI will instruct you on if he wants additional references. They might be only conducive to a certain type of reference (e.g: Someone that can verify that you were living somewhere, someone that can verify you went to university, etc). They all don't have to be people that have known you for the past 7 years, at least mine all definitely were not.
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Allright guys...got a good story for yall. Got a call today from DHS telling me that they have to cancel my TO. Apparently I claimed (and I swear to God it was out of ignorance) 5pts veterans preference. I was told the entire time I was in the military that because I was on delayed enlistment during the gulf war that it counted as me being in the war and thats what my National Service Medal was. This was also told to me by my reserve recruiter. So quite naturally I selected it when i filled out the forms. Now they didnt kick me out or say that I falsified my information...he actually said that it happens all the time. But my 94 dropped to a 89 and they werent calling anyone for my port with a score less than 90. So basically I will have to wait till the test opens up again. My question now is.......do i have to start over the entire process or will everything that I have done thus far still count if I score higher the next time?
                              Last edited by rjdispatch; 10-29-2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjdispatch View Post
                                Allright guys...got a good story for yall. Got a call today from DHS telling me that they have to cancel my TO. Apparently I claimed (and I swear to God it was out of ignorance) 5pts veterans preference. I was told the entire time I was in the military that because I was on delayed enlistment during the gulf war that it counted as me being in the war and thats what my National Service Medal was. This was also told to me by my reserve recruiter. So quite naturally I selected it when i filled out the forms. Now they didnt kick me out or say that I falsified my information...he actually said that it happens all the time. But my 94 dropped to a 89 and they werent calling anyone for my port with a score less than 90. So basically I will have to wait till the test opens up again. My question now is.......do i have to start over the entire process or will everything that I have done thus far still count if I score higher the next time?

As I read it, all they did is take away your TO. They didn't remove you from the process.
                                All you should have to do is wait until they draw TO's for those who scored under 90.

If you did retest, all your former tests/BI should still be usable, providing they don't expire along the way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5315 users online. 373 members and 4942 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X