Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BI submited my background yesterday. Just waiting.

Comment

• General question...

Has anyone who has gone past the BI background check lived abroad for reasons other than the military for at least 2 years?

Did that affect the length of your background check? Was it extremely time consuming to try to remember everything and make sure you include all of your foreign friends that you still communicate with? In my case, I lived in Europe and Latin America.
      CBPO 15-2 Series/Grade 1895/07
      Queens, NY (JFK)

04/27/15 - Applied
      06/23/15 - External Assessment
      07/22/15 - Medical / PFT1
      08/19/15 - VBT / SI / FP
      8/24/15 - e-QIP

Patiently waiting... And EXCITED!

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
        BI submited my background yesterday. Just waiting.
        Have you met with the BI yet? What do you mean they submited it???

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
          Ok, so I got a NOPA regarding this issue plus another issue when I first applied in 2010. I got the NOPA through e-mail after my adjudicator called me from an UNV number. I attempted to get my employee file from HR but they said because I am no longer an employee, I would have to submit a request which would take almost 3 weeks. That would be fine except my NOPA is due *AUG 7th. A friend of mine who still works there provided me with a copy of the policy stating the amount of absences you are allowed, a lot less than 19, which is what my former employer stated I had within a 1yr period in 2010. I honestly do not even recall getting any type of warning for absences but do recall the tardy warning that was given. My former employer also stated I received a memo for improper performance after a physical restraint with a youth in 2011. As I mentioned before, we were required to debrief after restraints. I was involved in many restraints but do not recall ever being given a memo for performance. Can someone please give me some advice on how to attack this NOPA with what I have. I did start off the NOPA with the template provided by honorfrist.*

I also failed a polygraph back in 2010 for CBP. Not sure exactly what they want me to explain for this issue, I am guessing I can counter this by stating I passed the polygraph for this time around.*
          When you failed your Poly on 2010 how long did you had to wait to reapply?

Comment

• ok so question for anyone that can answer this...

I am not far along just yet but I am concerned for my BI for MULTIPLE reasons.

1) Although I was born in the US... I lived in Dominican Republic and Bermuda for multiple years. Ive been back in NEW YORK for over 10 years now. (IM 24 now) will my BI take LONGER because of this??

2) BOTH of my parents have been incarcerated will that affect my running in all of this. (AT MY VBT I spoke to an officer and he said it wouldn't. just wanted to know yalls opinion on this)

3)for my polygraph which I believe is my next step.... How long after my VBT & SI do I get the email of my scheduling for it???

4) again, when being asked these questions... will my activity of my 'younger years' of engaging in 'plants' affect my running even if I tell the TRUTH about EVERYTHING????

I WANT THIS JOB SO BAD!! advice and suggestions are welcomed !!
            CBPO: GS-5
            Geo/Location: JFK
            Tested: 3/'13
            NOR (84)
            Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
            Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
            Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
            The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
            BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
            EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
              BI submited my background yesterday. Just waiting.
              Didn't you just say you met with your BI a week ago? I think we all know you are waiting, you've posted it like 10 times within the month lol. Patience!! I have a question though, when were you referred to scheduling?

I just recently passed my polygraph, I had to go a second time in a week to finish it up.

For you guys waiting to do the polygraph. As from what I can see, I may be wrong about everything I say after this but...
              They were doing polygraphs for just about every applicant in the Southwest area. I think there were 6 of us scheduled on the same day, most of which were 15-1 applicants or 15-1 re-applicants. There was even a guy who didn't even do his medical/PFT yet. It looked like CBP brought in a team of CBP IA Polygraph Examiners from around the country to conduct polygraphs for people residing in the Southern California area. I think they just finished up So Cal and are moving onto a different area to do another round of mass polygraphs.
              Last edited by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis; 07-29-2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                ok so question for anyone that can answer this...

1) Although I was born in the US... I lived in Dominican Republic and Bermuda for multiple years. Ive been back in NEW YORK for over 10 years now. (IM 24 now) will my BI take LONGER because of this??

2) BOTH of my parents have been incarcerated will that affect my running in all of this. (AT MY VBT I spoke to an officer and he said it wouldn't. just wanted to know yalls opinion on this)

3)for my polygraph which I believe is my next step.... How long after my VBT & SI do I get the email of my scheduling for it???

4) again, when being asked these questions... will my activity of my 'younger years' of engaging in 'plants' affect my running even if I tell the TRUTH about EVERYTHING????

1. Yes it will, but how much longer? Who knows? They will probably check to see if you have any ties with foreigners and if you do, that they are not perceived to be criminal or a threat to national security.

2. It shouldn't unless you were associated with the crime that put them in prison.

3. I got my email two weeks after. It will probably be longer for you, I just got lucky with timing. Living in New York is a good thing though because they should have a lot of applicants and resources in that area.

4. Not sure what this means but it doesn't sound good and good luck to the lucky person who gets to be your BI.

Comment

• Completed my PFT1 and Medical Eval on the 15th. Received a green check next to PFT1 but nothing next to medical. I have my SI scheduled on the 29th in San Francisco. I'm excited! I currently have green checks next to Qualifications and PFT1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                    ok so question for anyone that can answer this...

1) yes it will take longer
                    2) no it won affect you in terms of disqualify
                    3) everyone is different I was around a month
                    4) Most important one. I can't speak from experience because I never tried it but you have two options. A) don't admit it they find out and you are automatically fired or B) You admit it and depending on how much and how many times you have a shot of moving on. The choice is clear my friend. They know everyone makes mistakes but CBP REGARDS INTEGRITY HIGHLY, DO NOT LIE. Tell the truth and leave the rest up to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by howlongdoihavetowaitforthis View Post
                      Didn't you just say you met with your BI a week ago? I think we all know you are waiting, you've posted it like 10 times within the month lol. Patience!! I have a question though, when were you referred to scheduling?

I just recently passed my polygraph, I had to go a second time in a week to finish it up. About 30 minutes after I passed, I got a call from CBP telling me that they got word I passed the poly and that I need to finish clearing up my medical. He said something along the lines of "this would be your last step in the process". I don't know how much I should read into that but I still haven't started my BI but I did turn in the provisional clear earlier this month. I can't wait to get this done so I can finally catch my breath from this speedy hiring process.

For you guys waiting to do the polygraph. As from what I can see, I may be wrong about everything I say after this but...
                      They were doing polygraphs for just about every applicant in the Southwest area. I think there were 6 of us scheduled on the same day, most of which were 15-1 applicants or 15-1 re-applicants. There was even a guy who didn't even do his medical/PFT yet. It looked like CBP brought in a team of CBP IA Polygraph Examiners from around the country to conduct polygraphs for people residing in the Southern California area. I think they just finished up So Cal and are moving onto a different area to do another round of mass polygraphs.

I hope this info will help everyone who is waiting on the polygraph and/or other steps in the later stages of this hiring process. CBP is actively trying to get people hired, if you are "waiting" there is a reason for it.

For you Taz81, I know you didn't apply for the Southwest Border so it might just be waiting for a vacancy/funding for a position at your duty station. There are probably many others waiting in line before you for the same spot so you'll just have to be patient. Apply for the Southwest and you'll get a call in no time

Im a 15-2 applicant and I applied for the southwest - Pharr bridge and the process is going pretty quick ! Still hoping for the best outcome

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                        1) yes it will take longer
                        2) no it won affect you in terms of disqualify
                        3) everyone is different I was around a month
                        4) Most important one. I can't speak from experience because I never tried it but you have two options. A) don't admit it they find out and you are automatically fired or B) You admit it and depending on how much and how many times you have a shot of moving on. The choice is clear my friend. They know everyone makes mistakes but CBP REGARDS INTEGRITY HIGHLY, DO NOT LIE. Tell the truth and leave the rest up to them.

Thank you very much. it was just a few times, I plan on telling the truth about everything!!
                        CBPO: GS-5
                        Geo/Location: JFK
                        Tested: 3/'13
                        NOR (84)
                        Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                        Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                        Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                        The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                        BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                        EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mariosa83 View Post
                          When you failed your Poly on 2010 how long did you had to wait to reapply?
                          Almost 5 years but rumor is you have to wait at least 3 years.

Comment

• How is everyone doing? Hope you guys are doing well... I've been a bit busy with work this weekend. Those of you that have tests coming up this week... I wish you well.

Comment

• The 15-3 NOR results are taking forever [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
                                Have you met with the BI yet? What do you mean they submited it???

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                                Yes I met with my BI 3 time last week. Each day was about 4hours long. He visited my employers and made contact with my references, neighbor and Mananger at the Apartment complex I'm living in. My BI is a special agent with Homeland Security.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6725 users online. 398 members and 6327 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X