300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taz81 View Post
    Any news? Has anyone received the call? I only have drug test and 2nd fitness test left to complete.
    I'm in the same boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe_smith01 View Post
      I believe so, supposedly they are looking to mass hire. Therefore they are trying to speed up the process... For those who are CBP officers how long is the timeline from application to entrace into the academy?
      I'm a 14-2 and just from what I have noticed in the past with reading the forums is that there is no consistency in the time frames. And for those taking VBT/SI, typically they are at the same time but not every time. Can't give details on the VBT but think customer service. The polygraph isn't as bad as everyone says it is, just be honest. It's a lengthy process in all and have lots patients. If I can help anyone, feel free to message me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anillo631 View Post
        I'm a 14-2 and just from what I have noticed in the past with reading the forums is that there is no consistency in the time frames. And for those taking VBT/SI, typically they are at the same time but not every time. Can't give details on the VBT but think customer service. The polygraph isn't as bad as everyone says it is, just be honest. It's a lengthy process in all and have lots patients. If I can help anyone, feel free to message me.

Thank you! After reading my email correctly I'm actually scheduled for the SI ,I'm not sure why I thought it was the VBT so I will see if I have both on the same day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anillo631 View Post

Thank you! After reading my email correctly I'm actually scheduled for the SI ,I'm not sure why I thought it was the VBT so I will see of I have both on the same day.

Comment

• Post edited.
            Last edited by antman311; 04-23-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by antman311 View Post
              15-2 here, I got an email saying I was scheduled for the VBT next week. Upon opening the email attachment, it only mentions that I have my Structured Interview next week. If that helps anyone...
              I think this is why I was confused too. I read the email and it does say VBT but opening the attachment it only mentions the SI

Comment

• Hey you CANT apply for another year, same thing happened to me last year and I finally was able to reapply this opening. This time i passed it! GOD is good. Just think of what you could've done wrong and do the opposite this time.
                CBPO: GS-5
                Geo/Location: JFK
                Tested: 3/'13
                NOR (84)
                Medical/PFT1 passed: July 21st '15 // VBT/SI passed: July 23rd '15
                Equip sent: 8/31/'15 // NOPA: ?
                Poly: ? // Met with BI: ?
                The Call: ? // Drug Test: ?
                BI Cleared: ? // PFT 2: ?
                EOD: ? // FLETC: ?

Comment

• SO I DID MY VBT TODAY AND I PASSED ON TO MY SI!! I'm so excited because as I stated before I failed the VBT over a year ago and had to wait until that cleared to try again!! Im so excited guess the next step is the drug test, etc. Can someone send me the link to where I can see these green checks we are all speaking of.

JFK by the way!! This time around I applied for JFK but I would love to go to the WEST !!!
                  Last edited by Ma23; 07-23-2015, 07:25 PM.
                  NOR (84)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                    SO I DID MY VBT TODAY AND I PASSED ON TO MY SI!! I'm so excited because as I stated before I failed the VBT over a year ago and had to wait until that cleared to try again!! Im so excited guess the next step is the drug test, etc. Can someone send me the link to where I can see these green checks we are all speaking of.

JFK by the way!! This time around I applied for JFK but I would love to go to the WEST !!!
                    I think your polygraph is next

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma23 View Post
                      SO I DID MY VBT TODAY AND I PASSED ON TO MY SI!! I'm so excited because as I stated before I failed the VBT over a year ago and had to wait until that cleared to try again!! Im so excited guess the next step is the drug test, etc. Can someone send me the link to where I can see these green checks we are all speaking of.

They will send you the link with an applicant ID.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jl692013 View Post
                        So I get a call from my BI yesterday to "clear up" some things. Keep in mind I am well aware of the BI process and know full well they will speak to all past employers and pull employee records.

This was in regards to a job a had in 2010 as a juvenile detention officer. I put down I had 2 infractions. Tardies and 1 performances. The performance was in regards to a supervisor coming into my mod and speaking with me about a youth. Well, another supervisor came into my mod and did room checks, I was behind by 5min.

Apparently I did not list 2 other infractions for absences and another performance. I honestly do not recall these 2 and absences appear to be wrong. This employer listed me for 19 absences for my first year! Which is BS because after 8 you get fired. The performance was for a restraint on a youth. I had a couple of complaints but don't recall receiving a memo for any because they were all unfounded. Never got suspended for any wrongdoings on performances.

Should I be concerned? I honestly do not recall these 2 other infractions from 2010. Also, I remember er being asked if I falsified or withheld any info, I had no issues.
                        Ok, so I got a NOPA regarding this issue plus another issue when I first applied in 2010. I got the NOPA through e-mail after my adjudicator called me from an UNV number. I attempted to get my employee file from HR but they said because I am no longer an employee, I would have to submit a request which would take almost 3 weeks. That would be fine except my NOPA is due *AUG 7th. A friend of mine who still works there provided me with a copy of the policy stating the amount of absences you are allowed, a lot less than 19, which is what my former employer stated I had within a 1yr period in 2010. I honestly do not even recall getting any type of warning for absences but do recall the tardy warning that was given. My former employer also stated I received a memo for improper performance after a physical restraint with a youth in 2011. As I mentioned before, we were required to debrief after restraints. I was involved in many restraints but do not recall ever being given a memo for performance. Can someone please give me some advice on how to attack this NOPA with what I have. I did start off the NOPA with the template provided by honorfrist.*

I also failed a polygraph back in 2010 for CBP. Not sure exactly what they want me to explain for this issue, I am guessing I can counter this by stating I passed the polygraph for this time around.*

Comment

• Originally posted by dkman View Post
                          I think your polygraph is next

Oh boys lol ! how long until I hear for that appointment?? Also I have the CASS link thanks guys
                          NOR (84)

Comment

• Anyone else in this boat? I've got everything checked off (including drug test) except for the BI & Quals. I signed the PO on the background, so does that mean those still need to be checked off? Or, does it mean I'm just waiting on the call?

I'm trying to get an idea of what is going on, MHC was tight lipped about the whole thing, but I'm trying to figure out what to do with my lease which is up in Sept.

Thanks!

Comment

• Almost everything green here except for my qualifications.

Comment

• Waiting to schedule for polygraph.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10424 users online. 443 members and 9981 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X