Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sdm85 View Post
    I received my provisional clearance form but I've been thinking would it be crazy to just wait unti my background is fully completed. Just to be on safe side? Give me more time to save and get stronger for academy.

    Has anyone heard of someone waiting ? What was the outcome ?
    I just received one and I already signed and emailed it back. It says in the form that if you choose not to enter in duty in a provisional clear status, it will not negatively affect you, but your enter on duty date may be delayed.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sdm85 View Post
      I received my provisional clearance form but I've been thinking would it be crazy to just wait unti my background is fully completed. Just to be on safe side? Give me more time to save and get stronger for academy.

      Has anyone heard of someone waiting ? What was the outcome ?
      It's not odd for people to wait for a full clearance...especially for those people with complex histories or potential issues in their past.

      Comment


      • I just got this email... Did you guys too?

        Dear Applicant:

        This message applies to those individuals who have submitted, or are required to submit, background investigation forms using the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) system for employment with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).* Individuals affected include those who have received tentative offers of employment, are due for a periodic reinvestigation, or must obtain a security clearance.......
        Any due dates you were provided previously for completion of e-QIP will be adjusted accordingly. If you have questions, please contact your assigned case manager.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
          I just got this email... Did you guys too?

          Dear Applicant:

          This message applies to those individuals who have submitted, or are required to submit, background investigation forms using the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) system for employment with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).* Individuals affected include those who have received tentative offers of employment, are due for a periodic reinvestigation, or must obtain a security clearance.......
          Any due dates you were provided previously for completion of e-QIP will be adjusted accordingly. If you have questions, please contact your assigned case manager.
          Yes, I hope they will fix the issue soon.

          Comment


          • Does anyone know if the PFT2 date is close to the EOD date ? Or is it scheduled much earlier ?

            Comment


            • Today, I tested myself.
              I ran 1.5 miles in 12 minutes 40 seconds.
              That's way better than my last time.
              I think I'm too ready for this fitness test whenever it comes lol..... I'm feeling good and excited. I hope everyone keeps training too

              Comment


              • Originally posted by milperil View Post
                Today, I tested myself.
                I ran 1.5 miles in 12 minutes 40 seconds.
                That's way better than my last time.
                I think I'm too ready for this fitness test whenever it comes lol..... I'm feeling good and excited. I hope everyone keeps training too
                Milperil. You deferred an offer before right? I remember you being on here before I started academy.

                Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sdm85 View Post
                  Does anyone know if the PFT2 date is close to the EOD date ? Or is it scheduled much earlier ?
                  Pft2 is no more than 30 days prior to EOD.
                  Originally posted by sory_ann View Post
                  I just got this email... Did you guys too?

                  Dear Applicant:

                  This message applies to those individuals who have submitted, or are required to submit, background investigation forms using the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) system for employment with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).* Individuals affected include those who have received tentative offers of employment, are due for a periodic reinvestigation, or must obtain a security clearance.......
                  Any due dates you were provided previously for completion of e-QIP will be adjusted accordingly. If you have questions, please contact your assigned case manager.

                  Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                    Milperil. You deferred an offer before right? I remember you being on here before I started academy.

                    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                    You can deffer an offer ? So just skip the upcoming academy and wait for the next available...whenever that could be ?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                      Milperil. You deferred an offer before right? I remember you being on here before I started academy.

                      Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      No I didn't. My background was still being stuck until now lol. I thought I was gonna be there too but not yet. How's the academy so far? I hope you're doing great in there.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sdm85 View Post
                        You can deffer an offer ? So just skip the upcoming academy and wait for the next available...whenever that could be ?
                        There are typically multiple classes each fiscal year. Most months have several scheduled. Sometimes, there are several scheduled on a weekly basis.

                        I haven't see anything from FY16 yet, but FY15 has many classes scheduled right up until the last week of September.

                        Comment


                        • Are most Local Departments accepting FLETC CBPO training for lateral still? Just curious thanks.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by milperil View Post
                            No I didn't. My background was still being stuck until now lol. I thought I was gonna be there too but not yet. How's the academy so far? I hope you're doing great in there.
                            So far so good can't complain. I'm giving it 110 percent for sure. Good luck to you clearing soon and getting started.

                            Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Hello everyone,

                              Was wondering if the CBPO position has a height/weight proportion requirement. Any tattoo policy in place too?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Thecldriver View Post
                                So far so good can't complain. I'm giving it 110 percent for sure. Good luck to you clearing soon and getting started.

                                Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                                Great to hear. Thank you!
                                Can't wait, but I'm waiting...lol

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7996 users online. 434 members and 7562 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X