300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    I had the same question because the cities listed for locality for Maine don't even have POEs or stations in them. I was told that I would fall under the "Rest of the U.S." scale, so ultimately I would lose about 7%.
    Under that assumption, the only thing that would fall under the San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos pay locality would be the airport. All of the other POEs or stations are (obviously) along the border. Huh.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
      I googled around and found this

I like how they post daily TSP rates so I can feel unsteady
      How do you determine if you fall under step 1, 2,...ect within the GS Scale?

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        Under that assumption, the only thing that would fall under the San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos pay locality would be the airport. All of the other POEs or stations are (obviously) along the border. Huh.
        I don't know if it's true. I got the response off this board. I'll wait until I hear something official.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
          How do you determine if you fall under step 1, 2,...ect within the GS Scale?
          You won't have to worry about steps until you make it to GS-11.

Comment

• If there's a CBPO or employee at SFO, could you kindly try to help me by giving me directions on how to get to SFO's cargo facility to take the VBT? I've spent 10 minutes on google maps figuring out how to get there, but I'm not sure if I'm at the right place or not...thanks in advance.

EDIT: nevermind, I think I got it.
            Last edited by sap123; 10-28-2008, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
              You won't have to worry about steps until you make it to GS-11.
              ok cool.

Comment

If there's a CBPO or employee at SFO, could you kindly try to help me by giving me directions on how to get to SFO's cargo facility to take the VBT? I've spent 10 minutes on google maps figuring out how to get there, but I'm not sure if I'm at the right place or not...thanks in advance.

Hey Sap, I think you and I have the same time line, I am also taking my VBT soon but its at Oakland. Did they complete your qualifications yet? I am qualifying with my education but its been like a month and it is still pending.

Comment

• Just in case you didn't get it.....

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                  For Google Maps use the address:

648 W. Field Rd, San Francisco, CA 94128

When you get on W. Field Rd, don't stop where the red "a" is on google maps...go down to the stop sign and make a left to the north side of the China Airlines/ANA building (Modern white Cargo warehouse that looks like a circus tent. You'll see a Blue sign saying "Customs and Border Protection". Take a Customer parking space and head to the little glass vestible entrance and tell the front desk whatchagoing to do.

Good luck and as I said, ask for me when your done. My last day there is Friday, Nov 14th (yes, I got the call this morning).
                  Last edited by bronze01; 10-28-2008, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
                    Hey Sap, I think you and I have the same time line, I am also taking my VBT soon but its at Oakland. Did they complete your qualifications yet? I am qualifying with my education but its been like a month and it is still pending.
                    Hey snake,

Everything has cleared for me except the VBT. Interestingly enough, my quals cleared (based on education) the week after I sent in my pre employment forms as well as my transcripts from college. Dont be fooled though, my BPA app is still pending for my quals. And I sent in those in March or something like that. The best you can do is to do what I did and email them to try to confirm if they received your transcripts (mine had to come directly from my university, and sometimes they are flaky with that stuff).

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                      For Google Maps use the address:

648 W. Field Rd, San Francisco, CA 94128

When you get on W. Field Rd, don't stop where the red "a" is on google maps...go down to the stop sign and make a left to the north side of the China Airlines/ANA building (Modern white Cargo warehouse that looks like a circus tent. You'll see a Blue sign saying "Customs and Border Protection". Take a Customer parking space and head to the little glass vestible entrance and tell the front desk whatchagoing to do.

Good luck and as I said, ask for me when your done. My last day there is Friday, Nov 14th (yes, I got the call this morning).
                      Hah! The zipcode is printed differently on the official letter! I ended up studying where W. Field road was on google maps enough to figure out how to get there. I even saw that there was a way to access it not using the normal terminal route, but thanks for the heads up on where the CBP building is.

Also, CONGRATS ON THE CALL!!! When do you EOD/FLETC? Also, is it for SFO or Oakland?

Comment

Everyone in San Diego County gets San Diego locality pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                          Everyone in San Diego County gets San Diego locality pay.
                          Ah ha! Thanks for clearing that one up for me.

Comment

• Thanks guys for the wishes, they are much appreciated

SAP,
                            If you passed the Interview process with actual people in the room, it won't be a problem to pass the VBT, I'd say that if you've done the previous and/or done the California VBT for a PD, then you have an advantage on those who haven't. Good Luck tomorrow, wear a suit!...

Cheers guys....
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Well, I got a TO from USMS today. I thought they were out of my life for good since it had been so long with no word.

I guess its better to have a win win decision than no decision at all, but it is still stressful.
                              Last edited by wmcgalrd; 10-28-2008, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• The call...

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                                Also, CONGRATS ON THE CALL!!! When do you EOD/FLETC? Also, is it for SFO or Oakland?
                                EOD for SEATTLE (Cost of living in Bay Area is not GS-7able for buying a home). I'm moving up there. Maybe I'll return to the bay area looking for a GS-12 position in 5 years. EOD: Nov 24. FLETC: Dec 30 (Had to make a pac with the Devil).

My Application was the Nov 2007 period. One year wasn't a bad wait.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12646 users online. 454 members and 12192 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X