300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by s0lid snake View Post
    Is anyone else excited for the VBT? I can't wait to get it over with! I wonder if there are different versions of VBT with different scenarios depending on where your port is at, such as seaport, airport, etc?
    Just completed my vbt at Long Beach. It was easier then I thought, but that does not mean I'll pass. I was really nervous in the beginning. My "answers" got better as the test went on. good luck to all the people who are taking the vbt.

Comment

• Vbt

I was stressed over the VBT too I left wondering if i did what I was suppose too and if I should have done more. The stressing was the worst part about the whole darn thing. it is actually A piece of cake.

Comment

• Originally posted by pheonix View Post
        Hmmm I have student loans I am sure he will ask me about them. Getting kinda anxious my Investigator comes tommarow to talk to me then he gonna go talk to two of my references. Funny he said he will be in town all day tomarrow. hopefully he gets what he needs and can submit my case. But of course i will prolly have too wait another 6 months until I get a call LOL. Seriously though it would be nice to start soon.
        When did you do the written test? In August? I completed my forms, medical and fitness, and my credit was checked So hopefully Ill hear from the BI soon.

Comment

• I believe I tested at the begining of the year. This is my second time I tested once before but I got declined because of my veterens preference. so my score went down. I got my package in march. as of right now this is where I stand:
          Pre-Employment Forms :completed
          Qualifications :completed
          Medical Exam ending
          Structured Interview:completed
          Drug Screening: completed
          Background Investigation: pending) I meet with the investigator tommarow morning.
          Fitness completed.

Comment

I believe I tested at the begining of the year. This is my second time I tested once before but I got declined because of my veterens preference. so my score went down. I got my package in march. as of right now this is where I stand:
            Pre-Employment Forms :completed
            Qualifications :completed
            Medical Exam ending
            Structured Interview:completed
            Drug Screening: completed
            Background Investigation: pending) I meet with the investigator tommarow morning.
            Fitness completed.
            Youre way ahead of me then. Itll probly be forever til they get me in. I was hopin to be in around the start of the new year.

Comment

• Hello guys,
              I talked to my adjudicator this morning and she told me that from what she had seen on my NOPA response, she would be giving me a recommendation, after that it would be in the hands of her supervisor and God knows how long and if he will approve it as well. The only way to know now is getting a response from HR.

Now to the NEW posters,
              Welcome to the Forum!... Please keep in mind that this is a Law Enforcement Forum, and as CBPO Hopefuls we need to watch our language, and our spelling! We don't want to give the wrong impression, that our agency to be hires people from the bottom of the barrel, or clearly not qualified to be a LEO's. Read through the thread before posting a question, it most likely has been answered 20 times if not more, the search feature IS your friend...
              So... Welcome and lets look sharp
              Last edited by yoda; 10-28-2008, 05:11 PM.
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                Hello guys,
                I talked to my adjudicator this morning and she told me that from what she had seen on my NOPA response, she would be giving me a recommendation, after that it would be in the hands of her supervisor and God knows how long and if he will approve it as well. The only way to know now is form a response from HR.
                Well good luck. I've been following all you've had to go through and it'd be a travesty if you didn't get on. I'll keep my fingers cross for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Hello guys,
                  I talked to my adjudicator this morning and she told me that from what she had seen on my NOPA response, she would be giving me a recommendation, after that it would be in the hands of her supervisor and God knows how long and if he will approve it as well. The only way to know now is form a response from HR.
                  Thank goodness. I remember reading why you got your NOPA, and hopefully this will all clear up soon. Good luck to you.

Also, to the newer applicants: Use the search function to search for answers to your questions!

I REPEAT:
                  USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION TO HELP FIND ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS.

using the search function (or just using google's specific site search feature) can usually answer lots of your questions. Example: If you want to read up on NOPA responses, you can type it in and it will spit out all the possible matches. Another way is to go to google and type in 'nopa response site:forums.officer.com' This will make google spit out all the related matches on nopa responses just from O.com. It works just as well, but some people prefer Google cause of its highlighting and caching options. Happy posting!
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Hello all...

FYI, started pre-academy last week at JFK. Not too bad except for the cd's which will put you to sleep after some time. Shadowing is way better and more interesting.

Heading to FLETC on 11/12.

Good Luck to everyone in the process and just be patient!
                      CBPO
                      TESTED: 3/24/08 New York, NY
                      NOR: 4/24/08 - 97 (NO VET)
                      GEO PREFERENCE - JFK NEW YORK, NY
                      TO: 6/26/08
                      PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS - 7/2/08
                      MEDICAL - PASSED 7/21/08
                      FITNESS - PASSED 7/21/08
                      VBT - PASSED 8/12/08
                      QUALS - GS5 9/16/08
                      DRUG TEST - PASSED 8/22/08
                      BI - CLEARED (MET W/ BI 9/12/08, CLEARED 9/25/08)
                      CALL - 10/3/08 @ 8AM EST

EOD - 10/20/08
                      FLETC - 11/13/08 - 3/05/09
                      CLASS - CBPI-911

Comment

• Seems that there are all of a sudden a lot more Detroiters on the forum.

Has anyone heard of new hires being offered a choice of locations between the airport, tunnel, or bridge?
                        Last edited by Pawn922; 10-28-2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Hmmm I have student loans I am sure he will ask me about them. Getting kinda anxious my Investigator comes tommarow to talk to me then he gonna go talk to two of my references. Funny he said he will be in town all day tomarrow. hopefully he gets what he needs and can submit my case. But of course i will prolly have too wait another 6 months until I get a call LOL. Seriously though it would be nice to start soon.
                          Mine was in town for two days. I think he interviewed about 15 people. He just kept building lists by asking each reference for even more references. He was very thorough. Not every thing can be done immediately, it will probably take some time for everything to clear. Best thing to do is not think about it and go about your life.

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Small weird question: Do the locality rates depend on if you're in the exact city that's listed, or is it just a general area? For example, If I were to hypothetically work at the Otay Mesa border crossing near San Diego, would I get the locality pay for San Diego or just the normal hike because it's technically not San Diego (I believe it's Chula Vista or San Ysidro or one of the two)?
                              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I had the same question because the cities listed for locality for Maine don't even have POEs or stations in them. I was told that I would fall under the "Rest of the U.S." scale, so ultimately I would lose about 7%.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6754 users online. 292 members and 6462 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X