300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anillo631 View Post
    I submitted my e-quip packet in the first part of May. They pulled my credit a week later. I had my poly in the middle of June and I just met with my BI this past week. So things are still moving along for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    May I ask you what geo are you applying to Anillo? Are you 15-1

Comment

• Originally posted by service4others View Post
      So just wait for the annoucment that has the area I want is what you are saying? What do you mean circumstances? So apply for this announcement start the process apply again and change it if a different location comes available next announcement? Seems you were speaking out against that option but if you could clarify that would be great.

Feel free to do as you please. I am not advocating for or judging anything.

Transfers depend on a variety of things, Let's basically simplify it to the needs of the losing port and the needs of the gaining port. If the losing port agrees to the loss and a person can find a port willing to take him on.. he's probably good.
      Lots of ports are chronically short staffed or are unwilling to lose resources without someone else coming bsck. Lots of ports are fully staffed and have no need for additional people at a given time.

There are ways to move about that minimalize some problems but the short answer is that it often isn't all that easy, especially as the particulars narrow.

As far as the hiring announcements go...

If you figure that there is a significant of people who applied for openings they never really intended to accept and they're just banking on the notion that the hiring center will eventually release locations more to their liking, what is the likely outcome?

One, they'll get offered locations they will not accept which will slow down the process for those applicants who applied for openings in locations that they were willing to accept.

Two, instead of having a few hundred applicants from one announcement awaiting placement under the new locations, there is many more awaiting, from multiple announcements. Those who actually applied under the newest annoucement will probably fall behind those who switched and who have current steps completed; placing them ahead of new applicants.

Either way, people are likely to get jammed up.

Now, as a purely selfish strategy it may work out as a decent way to "cut the line" so to speak. But as a methodology that promotes the greater good of the agency and the applicant pool as a whole, it likely hurts somebody.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanK16 View Post
        hey everyone i took the CBP entrance exam about 4 weeks ago. I got an email a few days ago saying I was selected to begin the employment process however I never received the score I got on the exam. Does anyone know where I would be able to access that and how long to expect for the actual employment process to begin?
        I had the same issue happen to me. It's been a week and I still haven't gotten my test results. What location did you apply for?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

• To everyone asking about time frames in between the hiring process, let me echo that there it varies for every applicant for various reasons.

I took my VBT/SI mid February and heard nothing until late May when the hiring center emailed me saying the Internal Affairs found my background investigation to be unfavorable with no explanation. A few days later I got an email asking to schedule a 2nd medical exam, not knowing that I was already DQ'd.

Hoping that I get in with 15-4

Comment

• Originally posted by Anillo631 View Post
            I submitted my e-quip packet in the first part of May. They pulled my credit a week later. I had my poly in the middle of June and I just met with my BI this past week. So things are still moving along for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
            Same here, I applied for the 14-2 announcement back in July 2014. I just completed my 2nd polygraph on June 26. Have not met with my BI yet It's going on a year now since i've been in the process. By the way I chose the Southwest border and my duty station is San Ysidro california. Is anyone else going there?

Comment

• Originally posted by sassa26 View Post
              Same here, I applied for the 14-2 announcement back in July 2014. I just completed my 2nd polygraph on June 26. Have not met with my BI yet It's going on a year now since i've been in the process. By the way I chose the Southwest border and my duty station is San Ysidro california. Is anyone else going there?
              I applied for the 14-2 also. I did not hear anything since I submitted my background info. I selected Laredo, TX

Comment

• Oh cool. It was a hard decision being that i wanted to be stationed at an airport rather than a border entry. But i hope to hear from them this week.

Comment

Oh cool. It was a hard decision being that i wanted to be stationed at an airport rather than a border entry. But i hope to hear from them this week.
                  I picked Laredo because it is cheaper then California and I believe that I can get more experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrew.n.tillman View Post
                    Hey everyone. I am a 14-3 applicant. I have the polygraph scheduled for July 16, and I got my potential postings on this past Tuesday, and was told to rank them in order of preference. It looks like, pending nothing bad happens with polygraph, I will be stationed in San Ysidro/Otay Mesa, CA. No word on dates yet.
                    Good luck on the polygraph just completed mines about 2 weeks ago. Just relax and be as calm as can be on a poly chair. but If all goes well I will also, be stationed in San Ysidro/Otay Mesa, CA.

Comment

• It is cheaper but it's also in the middle of nowhere I'm a city girl from Miami so i taught i would choose somewhere close to San diego really hope I made the right choice in regards to cost of living.

Comment

It is cheaper but it's also in the middle of nowhere I'm a city girl from Miami so i taught i would choose somewhere close to San diego really hope I made the right choice in regards to cost of living.
                        I lived in Miami over 3 years. Now I live close to Charlotte. My husband is in Federal goverment also and best place for us TX so we can save money for future. I am sure you will love that place.

Comment

• I took my 2nd poly last week. Just waiting patiently. I did everything except 2nd fitness test and meeting with my BI.
                          "Applied for Central East coast.... Got duty station JFK Queens NY."

Comment

• and likewise i wish you the best of luck. maybe i'll see you in training at FLETC (I'll keep an update with my progress throughout the process)

Comment

• Originally posted by CCSU2014 View Post
                              To everyone asking about time frames in between the hiring process, let me echo that there it varies for every applicant for various reasons.

I took my VBT/SI mid February and heard nothing until late May when the hiring center emailed me saying the Internal Affairs found my background investigation to be unfavorable with no explanation. A few days later I got an email asking to schedule a 2nd medical exam, not knowing that I was already DQ'd.

Hoping that I get in with 15-4
                              Wait.. IA dq'd you without having you take the poly?

Comment

• I have been following this thread for a few months now and finally I am able to post.
                                I am a 15-2 applicant and received my TSL last tuesday (6/30). I have not received a NOR or CASS application id either. I am assuming the 4th of July might have slowed the emails down a bit. Let's hope we all hear some news this week!
                                CBPO

Applied: 5/02/15
                                External Assessment: 6/02/15
                                TSL: 6/30/15
                                NOR: 07/23/15 (97)
                                Medical/PFT1: 7/21/15
                                VBT/SI: 08/04/15
                                SF-86/E-QUIP: 09/11/15
                                POLY: 11/03/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9250 users online. 427 members and 8823 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X